Sega 32X - Virtua Racing Deluxe - NTSC - Big Forest - Fastest Lap - Formula - 37.468 - Terence O'Neill

Is this Performance Claim valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. 12-07-2019, 06:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogerpoco View Post
    Not going to swear to this at all, or even that the "events" match up, but I actually wonder if the Virtua Racing cart may have been what "messed up" my Megadrive-voltage always worried me, using a "random" power supply(the #'s matched up), and I wonder if that wonky cart may cause some attenuation that fried it.
    SEEMS like experimenting with that game was the last thing I did on it, but I wouldn't swear to it.
    I always go with OEM power supplies. It's too important to mess around with, even if the numbers match up. Do they really match up...ya know?

Now I'm going to go against what I just said....and it has to do with the Genesis and 32X power supplies. There's a site that makes ultimate power supplies. Normally, I wouldn't care. Just stick with OEM, but, they also combine power supplies... No need to have a separate power supply for your Genesis, 32X and Sega CD. It's all combined into one kickass power supply. They're not cheap, but for me, eliminating power supplies was key. And in the process, I got hi-tech electronics, rather than 30 year old stuff. Here's the site, if you or anyone else is interested: http://www.retrogamecave.com/shop/4577155950
    Thanks Rogerpoco thanked this post
    Likes Rogerpoco liked this post
  2. 12-07-2019, 06:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by RaGe View Post
    . Come to think of it, when I upgraded my cartridge a few years ago, I sent @Marcade my old cart..........Step up to the plate there, Mr. Fancy Pants!
    I promise I will eventually, as its an awesome game. Right now, all my "Fancy pants" and video games (Except for my PS4 and Virtual Pinball machine) are packed away for my relocation move in January.

I sold half my video games already. Wii, PS1/PS2/PS3 (But the retro stuff, and Everdrives I kept)
    Likes RaGe liked this post
  3. 12-07-2019, 06:36 AM
    Oh, and what they state on the website is true. I can run the Genesis / 32X for hours and the power supply gets slightly warm. When it's off, it's actually cool to the touch...So you can just keep it plugged in. The original power supplies really heat up when you're playing, and still stay pretty warm when plugged in. You always have to unplug them.
    Thanks Rogerpoco thanked this post
    Likes Rogerpoco liked this post
  4. 12-07-2019, 06:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by RaGe View Post
    Oh, and what they state on the website is true. I can run the Genesis / 32X for hours and the power supply gets slightly warm. When it's off, it's actually cool to the touch...So you can just keep it plugged in. The original power supplies really heat up when you're playing, and still stay pretty warm when plugged in. You always have to unplug them.
    Now that definitely seems like it could have been the culprit in my case, I have noticed it(Sega PSU) gets warmer than NES/SNES PSU's, plugged to the same power strip.

Fortunately, whenever I get around to it, my PAL Pal has mentioned already that it won't be terribly expensive for me to replace, so no worries!
    :)

That boxed/complete Mario Andretti Racing has been calling out to me tho-possibly the most "mint" thing I have in my collection, that I didn't buy new, the poster is wicked!
    :)
    So they say
    Dance for me, dance for me, dance for me, oh, oh, oh
    Thanks RaGe thanked this post
    Likes RaGe liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Join us