Atari 2600 / VCS - Bermuda - EMU - Game 1, Difficulty B - - 84,750 - Garrett Holland

Is this Performance Claim valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. Atari 2600 / VCS - Bermuda - EMU - Game 1, Difficulty B - - 84,750 - Garrett Holland

12-07-2019, 06:53 PM
    vzaar-player

EMU - Game 1, Difficulty B -
    Score Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=5085
    Rules
    Default Settings
    Submission Message
    Only run in video.
    River Raid ripoff, apparently.

Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes Pat Larocque, Rogerpoco, LFS liked this post
  2. 12-08-2019, 08:39 AM
    Wow!! Never even heard of this one before! Definitely looks like a methed-out version of River Raid LOL. Would be interesting to learn some of the history on this one, is it a former disgruntled Activision employee or just good old fashioned Capitalism at it's finest? Wonder if Activison took any legal action against this one back in the day also?
    Either way, that was some great shooting and an awesome run Garrett!!
    Accepted!
    Thanks Garrett Holland thanked this post
    Likes Garrett Holland liked this post
  3. 12-08-2019, 08:46 AM
    Just seems like whoever backwards engineered this could have spent a short session on the thinking throne and came up with something to make it a little more different from River Raid than it is, if I remember right it doesn't play terribly.

Great Run

Accepted!!!
    So they say
    Dance for me, dance for me, dance for me, oh, oh, oh
  4. 12-08-2019, 10:03 AM
    In this time, when this game was produced - there was not that much focus on copyright or certain gameplay - if you could program a game that could work game play vice and you did not violate any major copyrighted names from movies etc. you where good to go.

Great run and accepted!
  5. 12-08-2019, 03:05 PM
    Just got a few concerns on this one...

First the Track doesn’t state any Region i.e. PAL/NTSC

second one I see the rom played is PAL which is fine however I believe there is an NTSC version as well, so we probably need to the track to state one or the other.

As an unwritten rule was to always use the NTSC rom if available

anyway this is just my 2cents
  6. 12-10-2019, 02:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by nads View Post
    Just got a few concerns on this one...

First the Track doesn’t state any Region i.e. PAL/NTSC
    Apologies, ive got This part wrong, I’ll blame the lack of sleep for this oversight. It’s an EMU track.

Still concerned over the ROM used though
  7. 12-10-2019, 08:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by nads View Post
    Apologies, ive got This part wrong, I’ll blame the lack of sleep for this oversight. It’s an EMU track.

Still concerned over the ROM used though
    That's a fair concern, and something I thought about before submitting. Contrary to what the AtariAge listing for Bermuda suggests, I don't believe an NTSC ROM exists for this title other than in bootleg multiple-games-in-one carts, and even then, I have found the mfgs of those carts simply integrated a PAL ROM with a bunch of NTSC titles and called it "NTSC".

I could be wrong, but Ive looked everywhere for its existence and have come up short.
    Thanks nads thanked this post
    Likes nads liked this post
  8. 12-10-2019, 10:09 AM
    Apparently, searching out a true NTSC version has been an ongoing exercise

https://atariage.com/forums/topic/14...-bermuda-ntsc/

This person claims that this title and a few others are PAL only.
    https://atariage.com/forums/topic/67...comment=923027
    Thanks nads thanked this post
    Likes nads liked this post
  9. 12-10-2019, 03:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett Holland View Post
    That's a fair concern, and something I thought about before submitting. Contrary to what the AtariAge listing for Bermuda suggests, I don't believe an NTSC ROM exists for this title other than in bootleg multiple-games-in-one carts, and even then, I have found the mfgs of those carts simply integrated a PAL ROM with a bunch of NTSC titles and called it "NTSC".

I could be wrong, but Ive looked everywhere for its existence and have come up short.
    I just want to say I really appreciate you looking into this!
    I have raised this on a few other subs over the years but it seems to have ignored.
    To put this in perspective my home region is PAL, ( I only really moved to NTSC to “hang” with the big boys ) living in Australia, as I spent more time here at TG I did notice a lot of PAL Only titles classed as NTSC and I was probably a bit protective of those games. So I was really curious to know how someone could sub NTSC on PAL. Apparently a lot of ROMS were converted so there are some games that are now dual regions.
    Anyway hopefully explains why I asked the question.

Im voting to Accept and my respect for you has risen 10 fold!!
    Likes Garrett Holland, Rogerpoco liked this post
  10. 12-12-2019, 02:42 AM
    Accepted!!
Join us