M.A.M.E. - Zero Point [set 1] - Points [Training Mode] - 50,470 - Doron Gronski

Is this Performance Claim valid?

You have no permission to view/vote this poll.
You may not vote on this poll
  1. M.A.M.E. - Zero Point [set 1] - Points [Training Mode] - 50,470 - Doron Gronski

12-08-2019, 07:56 AM
    Vzaar Video Url:

Points [Training Mode]
    WolfMame version
    Score Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=120675
    Rules
    ROMSet: ZeroPnt
    Unused: Off [All]
    Free Play: Off
    Difficulty: Normal
    Lives: 3
    Special Rules: This is for the Training Mode. Continues are NOT allowed!
    Submission Message
    Thanks for watching
    Cheers!

Attached Files Attached Files
    Likes RTM liked this post
  2. 01-20-2020, 06:22 PM
    As you already have a submission in the queue with a higher score for this track, I've run the analysis on that submission, and won't be analyzing this one. As the cancel functionality is no longer available, it's up to you how you want to handle this sub - easiest thing would probably be to simply ask people to vote no.
    Thanks Doron thanked this post
  3. 01-21-2020, 03:04 PM
    As advised by Jason I already have a submission in the queue with a higher score for this track so please vote NO !
    Cheers!
    Thanks Garrett Holland thanked this post
  4. 01-21-2020, 03:21 PM
    VOTING NO. Unable to analyze INP data.
  5. 01-21-2020, 03:43 PM
    Why vote no? Just because Jason didn't do an inp analysis and the gamer has a higher score submitted does't make this submission invalid. Some people could have voted yes even without Jason's analysis and they would not be wrong. If this gets rejected, they will lose cred for being right. This should be a yes vote and I think it's a really bad idea to ask people to vote no on a perfectly good submission.
    "Cryin' won't help you, prayin' won't do you no good"

Visit my YouTube channel for videos of over 150 classic arcade games, most of which you won't see at your local arcade. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCh4...56xV5To9gPqsLA
  6. 01-21-2020, 03:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by D.B. Cooper View Post
    Why vote no? Just because Jason didn't do an inp analysis and the gamer has a higher score submitted does't make this submission invalid. Some people could have voted yes even without Jason's analysis and they would not be wrong. If this gets rejected, they will lose cred for being right. This should be a yes vote and I think it's a really bad idea to ask people to vote no on a perfectly good submission.
    You're correct that this submission could be valid, but to simply assume it is without an analysis being run (or at the very least a simple playback being performed) is not a good idea - since I've been back to TG, I've already found one MAME submission that was incorrectly accepted because no adjudicator bothered to play it back for themselves...now when it's disputed, everyone who voted yes without seeing an analysis or playing it back themselves will be the ones who lose cred.

We no longer have the cancel functionality, so what should be done then? Either option has its disadvantages, and doing nothing means these subs will stay in the queue forever for no reason.
  7. 01-21-2020, 04:18 PM
    This is just the way I look at it but I think if a higher score is valid it's ok to make the assumption the lower score is as well and vote yes. Either way, the lower score will simply go away and I can think of a lot more reasons to vote yes on this submission than no. I understand not wanting to take the time to do the validation on lower scores but I think it's a really bad idea to ask adjudicators to vote no on a submission that hasn't been proven invalid. In a way, you're asking people to blind vote.
    "Cryin' won't help you, prayin' won't do you no good"

Visit my YouTube channel for videos of over 150 classic arcade games, most of which you won't see at your local arcade. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCh4...56xV5To9gPqsLA
  8. 01-21-2020, 04:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by D.B. Cooper View Post
    This is just the way I look at it but I think if a higher score is valid it's ok to make the assumption the lower score is as well and vote yes. Either way, the lower score will simply go away and I can think of a lot more reasons to vote yes on this submission than no. I understand not wanting to take the time to do the validation on lower scores but I think it's a really bad idea to ask adjudicators to vote no on a submission that hasn't been proven invalid. In a way, you're asking people to blind vote.
    You're asking people to blind vote either way - whether yes or no, the necessary evidence is not being reviewed, and a vote is being cast.

I see what you're saying about voting yes when there is another sub that's higher, but there is a potential issue with that whenever there are two active subs in the queue from the same player. For instance, the analysis is run on the higher score only, so you vote yes on both scores...the lower one is accepted first, and then someone finds an issue with the score, and disputes it. Now there is an open dispute (that will lead to a cred loss for someone) because the higher score didn't get accepted first. This doesn't happen if you vote no when asked by the submitter, because when the submission completes, the score isn't on the board, and you can't dispute a score that isn't there.

Before TG first implemented the cancel functionality, this situation happened often - people would ask for a rejection, and there was even a "Reject me" thread started where you could post links to your obsolete submissions so they would be cleared out. This is by no means ideal either, for the reasons you stated, but I feel like it's the lesser of two evils...of course I could be overlooking something obvious, so please anyone feel free to chime in with their thoughts too.
  9. 01-22-2020, 11:57 AM
    Good argument by both. In this case, if the analysis is never done, it won't ever pass. Submitter asked for a NO, so I'll vote no only because it's a MAME submission.
  10. 01-27-2020, 05:36 PM
    Come on people! : Vote NO and get your guaranteed credit points ,easy money!
    Let's clean up the queue!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Join us