Dispute: william rosa - Arcade - Black Dragon - Points - Player: TriForce Johnson - Score: 2,634,300

Is this a valid dispute?

You have no permission to view/vote this poll.
You may not vote on this poll
  1. Dispute: william rosa - Arcade - Black Dragon - Points - Player: TriForce Johnson - Score: 2,634,300

12-11-2019, 07:50 PM
    Arcade - Black Dragon - Points
    Score Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=210306
    Rules
    Dip-Switch Bank A:
    1-8 = OFF
    Dip-Switch Bank B:
    1-4 = OFF
    5 = ON
    6-7 = OFF
    8 = ON/OFF [Upright/Cocktail]

Note: The above Dip Switches, are not only the FACTORY DEFAULT settings, but are also the correct Twin Galaxies Tournament Settings for this title and will provide the following settings: Lives: 3
    Difficulty Level: Factory is #3 (also called Easy #2)
    Player Name
    TriForce Johnson
    Original Adjudication
    N/A
    Verification Method
    TGSAP
    Verification Date
    2011-06-04
    Disputed Score
    2,634,300 (Rank 2)
    Disputed By
    Snowflake
    Dispute Evidence / Rationale
    disputed based on the findings of this submissions
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/game/black-dragon/arcade

Pete's video show's funspot black dragon machine that this score was performed on is not actually a black dragon. I hope this dispute does not get diverted by a new debate on the funspot exception, that can certainly now be debated in its own thread and I dont mean to minimize its significance, i just hope this dispute can stay on topic. There is also a secondary technical issue that this is a 2011 score, yet the verification method says TGSAP. This certainly does not mean TGSAP standards
    Likes datagod liked this post
  2. 12-11-2019, 08:06 PM
    Is this dispute premised on a proposal to move it to a new track that matches the PCB - Black Tiger [Bootleg]?
    Likes Snowflake, datagod liked this post
  3. 12-11-2019, 08:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by The Evener View Post
    Is this dispute premised on a proposal to move it to a new track that matches the PCB - Black Tiger [Bootleg]?
    i considered stating that, but i purposely left the proposed solution out. the proposed solution will be its own debate. first we have to acknowledge its a problem before finding the fix. i dont want the argument of the solution to interfere with acknowledging its a problem.

for what its worth, i, the individual gamer, would be fine just renaming the track/moving the track to take into account what it is. remember we cant have duplicate tracks, and as such, the track under current wording interferes with anyone having a desire to track the real board under the same ruleset. however i the disputer choose to stay neutral on proposed solution.
    If you have enjoyed this comment please consider clicking the "like" button
    Thanks Garrett Holland thanked this post
  4. 12-11-2019, 08:20 PM
    I understand the motivation to keep dispute and solution two separate streams, but I wonder if the proposed solution has to be discussed in tandem with the dispute since it also possibly impacts how members will vote on Pete's current submission. I agree that an "in place" name change seems straightforward to reflect the two scores currently listed in the track. A new arcade "Black Dragon" track could then be created for anyone who wishes to submit on that PCB.
  5. 12-11-2019, 08:23 PM
    hah, just googled to find this dispute since tg search is slow
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthr...-634-300/page3

this was already disputed as it was originally entered as black tiger. the score was moved to black dragon. apparently though it wasnt moved so much as deleted and reentered. as a result the important earlier dispute work was lost. that would also explain why this now says tgsap for verification method, it was reentered incorrectly.

being as this score was already moved from black tiger to here, ok, that changes thing, the decision was already made to move it, just need to move it to the right place.
    If you have enjoyed this comment please consider clicking the "like" button
    Likes datagod liked this post
  6. 12-11-2019, 08:38 PM
    Good find - thanks for posting the link. So the journey for this score isn't over yet! Given the precedent that TG created this track for the moved score, it would be great if they could do the same again by creating a "Black Tiger [Bootleg]" track.

Hmm, not sure if this the right way to summon attention @admin staff
    Likes EVN liked this post
  7. 12-12-2019, 02:46 AM
    Probably best to just rename this track to the bootleg and save us all having to go through the same dispute with Pete's score.
    Likes HugDD liked this post
  8. 12-12-2019, 03:52 AM
    Renaming the existing track looks reasonable to me as well as a simplified solution to the problem, especially since this track was supposed to be the new "correct" home for TriForce's score. If this can be done, TG Admin,
    Name:  1e0p66.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  56.9 KB
  9. 12-12-2019, 04:56 PM
    lol, just rename the current bd track to bd funspot bootleg
    stg never die. 47 stg 1cc's
  10. 12-13-2019, 07:08 AM
    Since the game actually displays "Black Tiger" when played, a name change in this case seems warranted so game title track and game title match. Since there may be other versions of this bootleg in circulation, I think we should probably avoid linking the track directly to Funspot in the title as well.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Join us