Atari 2600 / VCS - Alligator People - EMU - Game 1, Difficulty B - - 1,111,110 - Garrett Holland

Is this Performance Claim valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. Atari 2600 / VCS - Alligator People - EMU - Game 1, Difficulty B - - 1,111,110 - Garrett Holland

12-12-2019, 10:54 PM
    Vzaar Video Url:

EMU - Game 1, Difficulty B -
    Score Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=23612
    Rules
    5 Lives only. Scoring will be stopped after your 5th death.
    Submission Message
    Not so sure this variation was ever supposed to be tracked.
    Performed on 12.13.19
    Timeline:
    00:01 Emulator startup
    00:12 Emulator/MD5/diff sw settings
    00:18 Title select
    00:22 Variation select
    00:24 Start of run
    20:20 Rollover @ 1,000,000
    48:39 Suicides begin
    48:39 1st life lost
    48:42 2nd life lost
    48:45 3rd life lost
    48:47 4th life lost
    48:50 5th life lost
    48:50 End of run and final score displayed
    Run duration: 48m 26s

Thanks JJT_Defender, Almighty Dreadlock thanked this post
    Likes nads, Rogerpoco, RaGe, Barthax, Pat Larocque liked this post
  2. 12-13-2019, 04:04 AM
    Interesting!!

Well you worked out that pattern early, does the difficulty increase at all?

Looks the same from start to finish?

Accepted!
    Thanks Garrett Holland thanked this post
    Likes Garrett Holland liked this post
  3. 12-13-2019, 06:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by nads View Post
    Interesting!!

Well you worked out that pattern early, does the difficulty increase at all?

Looks the same from start to finish?

Accepted!
    If there were any increase in difficulty, it wasnt noticable. This must be the child variation ... like the 1 ghost option in Ms. PacMan except easier LOL

I have a hard time believing Flewin played 1B and only managed 15K.
    Thanks Rogerpoco thanked this post
    Likes Rogerpoco liked this post
  4. 12-13-2019, 06:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett Holland View Post
    If there were any increase in difficulty, it wasnt noticable. This must be the child variation ... like the 1 ghost option in Ms. PacMan except easier LOL

I have a hard time believing Flewin played 1B and only managed 15K.
    I honestly have no idea, but I've wondered before if some of Flewin's scores are similar to the Yancey occurances?
    Not sure if this is commonly known, but there was a time when, if there wasn't a score on the board, the track couldn't be viewed by the GP, so I'm pretty sure a few of the past refs have what I'll call "starter scores", just to get a track up and running.

Truly, many of Yancey's scores are like that, and is one reason for the purported discrepancy in his skillset.

As usual, don't set your thinking in stone based on my thoughts, I could be out in left-field somewhere, but I do think it accounts for many "stinky scores".
    Droplets of Yes and No
    In an Ocean of Maybe...
    Thanks Garrett Holland thanked this post
    Likes RaGe, Garrett Holland, nads liked this post
  5. 12-13-2019, 07:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogerpoco View Post
    I honestly have no idea, but I've wondered before if some of Flewin's scores are similar to the Yancey occurances?
    Not sure if this is commonly known, but there was a time when, if there wasn't a score on the board, the track couldn't be viewed by the GP, so I'm pretty sure a few of the past refs have what I'll call "starter scores", just to get a track up and running.

Truly, many of Yancey's scores are like that, and is one reason for the purported discrepancy in his skillset.

As usual, don't set your thinking in stone based on my thoughts, I could be out in left-field somewhere, but I do think it accounts for many "stinky scores".
    Myself and some of the other ex-refs submitted scores sometimes just to get the ball rolling on a game, but Flewin had a ton of them, especially on the NES.
    Thanks Rogerpoco, Garrett Holland thanked this post
    Likes Rogerpoco, Garrett Holland liked this post
  6. 12-13-2019, 07:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogerpoco View Post

Agreed. Here's my thinking ... this game is odd, in that the "default" game selection is Game 7, meaning, when you turn the game on and hit game reset, it starts Game 7, and when you hit game select, it shows you the current game # (7), and hitting it again will cycle through 7 to 9 and then rolling back to 1...2...3... etc. I'm thinking whether this score was actually played or was just a "track-starter" to encourage subsequent participation, either way, it probably should have been applied to the 7B track. While 15K may not be a masterful score for 7B, it *is* a very good score for 7B. (That variation is challenging .. Stilphen is just that good.) Speaking of Stilphen, apparently he had a hand in this games eventual limited release ... here's Page 8 of the Official Coleco Atari 2600 Looping manual:
    Name:  Looping Manual 08.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  59.4 KB
    Thanks Rogerpoco, nads, RaGe thanked this post
    Likes Rogerpoco, nads, RaGe liked this post
  7. 12-13-2019, 07:15 AM
    Okay ... I'm a frikkin' dummy, and have only had one cup of coffee today so far. Obviously, Looping is not *this* game. I'm conflating two of my different submissions. My mind wandered and suddenly forgot we were talking about Alligator People. Sleep, plz & ty.
    Thanks Rogerpoco thanked this post
    Likes Rogerpoco, nads, RaGe, Barthax liked this post
  8. 12-13-2019, 02:29 PM
    Accepted!!
Join us