NES / FAMICOM / DISK - Stinger - NTSC - Points - 10,311,600 - Kevin Stabinsky

Is this Performance Claim valid?

You have no permission to view/vote this poll.
You may not vote on this poll
  1. NES / FAMICOM / DISK - Stinger - NTSC - Points - 10,311,600 - Kevin Stabinsky

12-24-2019, 11:44 PM
    Additional Video Evidence:
    Vzaar Video Url:
    NTSC - Points
    Score Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=3575
    Rules
    Factory Default [No Continues]
    Special Rules: None
    Submission Message

A Stinger score run: 1 hour, 40 minutes I got tired and screwed up on the fourth loop and didn't feel like continuing after a bad stage 5. This still beats the current Twin Galaxies (https://www.twingalaxies.com/game/sti...) record by 1,822,500.
    My sound did not copy for some reason.

Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes JJT_Defender liked this post
  2. 12-25-2019, 03:23 PM
    Welcome to TwinGalaxies!

I can't seem to play the YouTube video you linked to, however, I can watch the uploaded video. Is there any chance this video had at one point some footage of the original hardware and a power cycle within it and it was simply edited out? If so, I would highly recommend that you upload it directly to the website (rather than providing any kind of link to a third-party video hosting service like YouTube). Although there are no rules as to what you include other than some sort of video, I (and a few others) typically abstain when those elements aren't present, although others may very well vote regardless. Photos and links to YouTube are nearly always disregarded by nearly everyone due to past bad situations created after *not* disregarding them.

Great score, btw!
    Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
  3. 01-24-2020, 02:06 PM
    Thanks for uploading footage as additional evidence! Re-reviewing ...
  4. 01-25-2020, 01:47 PM
    Voting yes
    Welcome Kevin Stabinsky to Twin Galaxy & congratulations on your WR

Generally speaking Twin Galaxy members show the console system and boot-up on their video game submissions, either at Start or at the end of the video. You are new & did not know & you did in fact put in a capture picture on the NES console system

Game starts at 1:39:40 left on the video
    Final time is at :27 left on the video Name:  image.png
Views: 46
Size:  264.1 KB
    JJTJohnnyLightning World #1 Racer on Arcade Game Fast & Furious Super Cars 1,803 Match Wins 49Cities
  5. 01-25-2020, 10:21 PM
    ABSTAINING. Unable to confirm this is console as opposed to emulation.
  6. 01-25-2020, 11:51 PM
    I will abstain due the fact I see no evidence of the console in either video.
    If you want to submit records on consoles on a regular basis, I think you will need to
    look at your evidence collection for them. If you have better video evidence then upload it here and
    I feel sure you will get a fair review.
    Prepare to Qualify.
    Thanks Garrett Holland thanked this post
  7. 01-26-2020, 12:17 AM
    So I see a picture of your console and TV used as the still image for the YouTube video. Any chance you could just add that picture directly to this submission?
  8. 01-26-2020, 12:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by GibGirl View Post
    So I see a picture of your console and TV used as the still image for the YouTube video. Any chance you could just add that picture directly to this submission?
    Would that simply be enough to connect the two?
    Prepare to Qualify.
  9. 01-26-2020, 02:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nurtuo View Post
    Would that simply be enough to connect the two?
    "Is that good enough" can lead us to ridiculous places if we let it. Even if we see what looks like an NES running the game, how do we know that the cartridge doesn't have a modified ROM in it? How do we know the NES isn't actually a clone console in an NES case, or a Raspberry Pi inside the case? How do we know the controller is actually playing the game, and it's there's not a separate wire running in the back to the controller port playing back a TAS?

In the end, we have to balance out the evidence provided compared to the details of the submission. The photo doesn't make things certain, but I find it sufficient given that this isn't exactly a big name game with heavy competition. I wouldn't find it good enough for a 4'55 on SMB or a new record on a LOZ run, but it's not those.
    Thanks nurtuo, Garrett Holland thanked this post
  10. 01-26-2020, 10:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by GibGirl View Post
    "Is that good enough" can lead us to ridiculous places if we let it. Even if we see what looks like an NES running the game, how do we know that the cartridge doesn't have a modified ROM in it? How do we know the NES isn't actually a clone console in an NES case, or a Raspberry Pi inside the case? How do we know the controller is actually playing the game, and it's there's not a separate wire running in the back to the controller port playing back a TAS?

In the end, we have to balance out the evidence provided compared to the details of the submission. The photo doesn't make things certain, but I find it sufficient given that this isn't exactly a big name game with heavy competition. I wouldn't find it good enough for a 4'55 on SMB or a new record on a LOZ run, but it's not those.
    Thanks for your help on this as I am new to this myself.
    I was only concerned that at no point during the submission could you even see any Console, Controllers or any other evidence that would lead you to think it was played on a console at all.

If you don't have to show that as evidence during submission, do people playing for
    NTSC or PAL records need to show different machines or carts?
    Prepare to Qualify.
    Likes Garrett Holland liked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Join us