Atari 2600 / VCS - Demons To Diamonds - NTSC - Game 1, Difficulty B (Points) - 18,998 - Alan Ashley

Is this Performance Claim valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. Atari 2600 / VCS - Demons To Diamonds - NTSC - Game 1, Difficulty B (Points) - 18,998 - Alan Ashley

12-28-2019, 12:17 PM
    NTSC - Game 1, Difficulty B (Points)
    Score Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=2293
    Rules
    One-player game.
    Difficulty switch must be set to B position (enemy skull bullets are slower on this setting).
    Submission Message
    I vhs over 1 hour of playing demon's to Diamonds, game last approximately 1h 15m. I seriously have proof on video tape. What's the best idea of my score verified. I see on highscore mine will be #1... Please let me know if you need any further information. Thanks again.

Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes JJT_Defender, Garrett Holland liked this post
  2. 12-28-2019, 01:32 PM
    Convert your vhs tape to digital format - There's an attachment to hook a vcr to a pc. Google a free converter.

Or, copy the tape to dvd using a dvd recorder, put the dvd into your pc, then converted it to digital.
    Thanks Rogerpoco thanked this post
    Likes Rogerpoco, Garrett Holland liked this post
  3. 12-28-2019, 03:36 PM
    Wow, looking forward to seeing this one !!
    Likes Garrett Holland liked this post
  4. 12-28-2019, 04:05 PM
    You can also simply use your mobile device (phone, tablet, camcorder, etc.), pop your VHS tape into a VCR, hit play, and record the footage using your mobile device. Kind of like a recording of a recording.
    Likes RaGe liked this post
  5. 12-28-2019, 06:37 PM
    Voting no.
    Likes Garrett Holland liked this post
  6. 12-29-2019, 01:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett Holland View Post
    You can also simply use your mobile device (phone, tablet, camcorder, etc.), pop your VHS tape into a VCR, hit play, and record the footage using your mobile device. Kind of like a recording of a recording.
    Just to clarify, this is merely the best recommended course of action in your situation. No matter how you proceed, the evidence will likely have members not voting or even voting no anyway, unless your footage has most the elements typically looked for by adjudicators in order to give a yes vote, such as the elememts MyOwnWorstEmemy indicated above.

As for me, if you do what I recommended, and the evidence has ALL of the elements displayed clearly in the footage, I would still be hesitant to vote, but I would at least consider it. I may be inaccurate, but I have a feeling such a philosophy is the consensus.

Hope that helps, and I look forward to seeing the gameplay. 18K on this title takes down quite a few historical heavyweights that have held the record at one time or another over the past 30+ years, BY A LOT, and that would be an impressive feat to say the least.
  7. 12-29-2019, 03:01 AM
    You should have your evidence ready before submitting your run. If you had questions, you should have asked them in the Social page of TG beforehand.
  8. 12-29-2019, 03:18 PM
    Sorry Buddy. You need to get all your evidence up with any submission to be taken seriously. Voted No.
    Prepare to Qualify.
  9. 01-03-2020, 05:55 PM
    Posting to get a video update.
  10. 01-03-2020, 06:29 PM
    Sorry, but because you have failed to provide video evidence, I cannot accept this.
    Lauren Tyler
    Eternal Champion of Ragol
Join us