RESUBMISSION: How to Submit Corrected Time?

1. RESUBMISSION: How to Submit Corrected Time?

01-02-2020, 04:51 PM
    Twin Galaxies Community,

About one year ago, I recorded and completed a Starflight (Amiga Emulation) run and submitted it to Twin Galaxies for fun. After a fair bit of debate regarding the score, it seems I overestimated my submitted time (14:23) cheating myself out of five seconds. The corrected submission should be 14:17. How can I go about simply re-submitting this run with the corrected time? The information in the thread below captures the five second discrepancy in detail. I'd like to ensure that conversation stays linked to the run as it documents the scrutiny related the recommended (14:17) time submission.

Thanks for your assistance!

Regards,

Ri.Aedan

https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthread.php/198837-Speedruns-Starflight-Fastest-time-14-23-0-Lance-Meeks
    Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
  2. 01-02-2020, 04:57 PM
    I *think* you should just be able to make a new submission, link to the existing video, and add the relevant information. If accepted, then it should replace the previous one.
    Likes Barra, Garrett Holland liked this post
  3. 01-03-2020, 06:18 PM
    Yes, go with GibGirl's advice - I'd resubmit and include the explanation you have cited here. If everyone collectively missed the fact that the submitted time was actually longer than the actual time, everyone will be glad to correct the record.
    Likes Garrett Holland liked this post
  4. 01-14-2020, 05:23 AM
    Thanks for the advice. I was the track founder about one year ago. Unfortunately, I'm now unable to add a new track or submit a new performance. The track info fields seem stuck in limbo and can't be edited. I've tried editing the rules to be more precise too but those fields can no longer be edited either (at least not by me). I checked to ensure that I have the required credibility and submission points. Is there a way to erase the original Starflight (Amiga) submission and start fresh? Thanks!

Ri Aedan
  5. 01-15-2020, 01:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ri.Aedan View Post
    Thanks for the advice. I was the track founder about one year ago. Unfortunately, I'm now unable to add a new track or submit a new performance. The track info fields seem stuck in limbo and can't be edited. I've tried editing the rules to be more precise too but those fields can no longer be edited either (at least not by me). I checked to ensure that I have the required credibility and submission points. Is there a way to erase the original Starflight (Amiga) submission and start fresh? Thanks!

Ri Aedan
    There is a "Scoreboard Errors" thread somewhere here on TG. Contact Barthax he post regularly there. he knows who to contact.
    I did post on that thread 3 years ago but was unsuccessful changing tracks. Barthax seem to know what to post.
    streaming mspacman normal and turbo speed at: https://www.twitch.tv/francoisadt

Francois du Toit
  6. 01-17-2020, 07:29 AM
    I went to edit the track and it seemed fine.

Please try again, or at least write down what you would like edited so I can make the changes for you....
    Jace Hall
    Head Custodian
    www.TwinGalaxies.com
    Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
  7. 01-17-2020, 02:54 PM
    Thanks for looking in to this.

I managed to add a Commodore Amiga sub-track and then submitted my original score under a more precise set of rules.

There doesn’t appear to be any way to edit the "core track rules" when I view them, though. I can only view it:

Name:  Screen Shot 2020-01-18 at 08.52.31.png
Views: 22
Size:  106.2 KB

The problem was that the original track rules (that I created) were too ambiguous for the voting community. As a result and during the voting process, members couldn't agree when the clock should be started and stopped. I couldn't change the rules (and still can't) so the score -- despite the community agreeing that the submitted score was actually BETTER than the one I submitted -- was voted down. The details of that debate are here:

https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthread.php/198837

To avoid the eventual confusion again when I resubmit under the sub-tracks, I would like to edit the rules to reflect the following:

"For this Starflight Speedrun challenge, the timer starts when the player clicks "new game"at the Interstel Starport. The timer stops at the point in the endgame sequence when the “Interstel Medal of Sublime
    Achievement"is awarded and displayed on the screen."

Thanks again!

RiAedan
    Last edited by Ri.Aedan; 01-17-2020 at 03:54 PM. Reason: typo
  8. 01-24-2020, 10:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ri.Aedan View Post
    Thanks for looking in to this.

I managed to add a Commodore Amiga sub-track and then submitted my original score under a more precise set of rules.

There doesn’t appear to be any way to edit the "core track rules" when I view them, though. I can only view it:

Name:  Screen Shot 2020-01-18 at 08.52.31.png
Views: 22
Size:  106.2 KB

The problem was that the original track rules (that I created) were too ambiguous for the voting community. As a result and during the voting process, members couldn't agree when the clock should be started and stopped. I couldn't change the rules (and still can't) so the score -- despite the community agreeing that the submitted score was actually BETTER than the one I submitted -- was voted down. The details of that debate are here:

https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthread.php/198837

To avoid the eventual confusion again when I resubmit under the sub-tracks, I would like to edit the rules to reflect the following:

"For this Starflight Speedrun challenge, the timer starts when the player clicks "new game"at the Interstel Starport. The timer stops at the point in the endgame sequence when the “Interstel Medal of Sublime
    Achievement"is awarded and displayed on the screen."

Thanks again!

RiAedan
    There is no method for normal community members to edit track rules - this is by design. Only Twin Galaxies staff have access to amend rules and there needs to be good reason and preferably no scores on the track. As the track founder of an empty track you are in the best position to request the track rules be amended. The normal course of action is to use the Report Error wall (accessible on the Info menu) and give a full account in that thread (then sit back & wait a few days, or possibly more depending on how busy they are).
    I'd rather be last on every game than throw my time away chasing only one score.
Join us