Sega 32X - Virtua Racing Deluxe - NTSC - Big Forest - Fastest Lap - Formula - 37.383 - RaGeNyC

Is this Performance Claim valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. Sega 32X - Virtua Racing Deluxe - NTSC - Big Forest - Fastest Lap - Formula - 37.383 - RaGeNyC

01-08-2020, 08:11 PM
    vzaar-player

NTSC - Big Forest - Fastest Lap - Formula
    Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=203185
    Rank
    Rules
    • Time Attack, options: Level = Normal (default), all other options are player's choice.
    • Your lap time is taken from the Result screen.
    • No pausing, no cheat codes, no continues allowed.
    • You may only use the car type (stock, formula, prototype) that is specified in the game title, any transmission and any number of laps.

Submission Message
    Settings start at 00:32 , Fastest Lap begins on the 2nd lap at 1:00:03

The elusive sub-37.400.....New strategy, with a tight, clean run. I'm happy with this one.

Thanks for watching

Attached Images Attached Images  
  2. 01-08-2020, 10:56 PM
    nice work man, now hand over the POCO!!!!

ill have tonwatch this a few more times as im not seeing what your new strat is? are you just hittiing the start of the S bend on the inside instead of the outside(left)??

im also curious to see if the pal version can do this, im not convinced the pal version will keep up (like the Megadrive version) but happy to proove or be prooven wrong!
    Thanks RaGeNyC, Rogerpoco thanked this post
    Likes RaGeNyC, Rogerpoco, nads liked this post
  3. 01-09-2020, 12:02 AM
    Accepted. Settings good. Nice Driving.
    Thanks RaGeNyC thanked this post
    Likes RaGeNyC liked this post
  4. 01-09-2020, 04:18 AM
    Woah. Sub .4 and by a fair bit too. Nice one RaGe.

Name:  image.png
Views: 131
Size:  94.0 KB

5. 01-09-2020, 06:51 AM
    Nice Run RAGE!!

Is there a huge difference between the 32X and MD/Gen Version?

Vote=Thumbs Up
  6. 01-09-2020, 07:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Blair Weston View Post
    nice work man, now hand over the POCO!!!!

ill have tonwatch this a few more times as im not seeing what your new strat is? are you just hittiing the start of the S bend on the inside instead of the outside(left)??

im also curious to see if the pal version can do this, im not convinced the pal version will keep up (like the Megadrive version) but happy to proove or be prooven wrong!
    Thanks...but...I can't do it. That's MY Poco! LOL!

I abandoned trying to do the S bend full throttle. I let off on the gas a bit while taking the left turn tight. You need that angle (as you exit the left turn) for the last big turn. Coming from even slightly right to left to do that last right, will slow you down.
    Thanks Rogerpoco thanked this post
    Likes Rogerpoco liked this post
  7. 01-09-2020, 07:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by 1CreditCrusader View Post
    Is there a huge difference between the 32X and MD/Gen Version?
    Holy crap, absolutely. Night and day, dude. I loved the Genesis version back in the day, but it didn't age well. The graphics are not good and the frame rates suck. My cam hasn't been recording like it used to, so it may be hard to tell how smooth and crisp this 32X version is. The "feel" of the cars are much better, too. Also, the Genesis version only has a Formula car to race. 32X gives you a Stock car and a Prototype car, each with unique handling and speed. 32X also adds two more tracks to race on.
    Likes 1CreditCrusader liked this post
  8. 01-09-2020, 07:29 AM
    I forgot to mention that the 32X also has "mirrored" tracks that are accessed when you beat the game. So that adds 5 more tracks.
    Likes 1CreditCrusader liked this post
  9. 01-10-2020, 04:54 PM
    megadrive has the mirror mode as well, just not all the cars pr as many tracks
  10. 01-10-2020, 06:53 PM
    Accepted!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Join us