Sega Master System - California Games - NTSC - BMX - 124,050 - John Riddell

Is this Performance Claim Valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. Sega Master System - California Games - NTSC - BMX - 124,050 - John Riddell

01-17-2020, 07:04 PM
    Vzaar Video Url:

NTSC - BMX
    Score Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=894
    Rules
    Special Rules: The usage of name KOTARO to unlock a new bike is NOT allowed.
    Submission Message
    I have imported an NTSC SMS 1. Evidenced by 'Sega of America' on underside sticker. further evidenced by power supply (120v, 60hz written on label along with USA outlet fitting running through a step down transformer). AV cable used as RF cables do not match between TVs in both countries.
    Hard to prove the cart is NTSC but rest assured i bought a correct USA release of the game to ensure no glitches or faults (games/systems are multi-regional but may endure slowdown in some cases). 60hz certainly plays faster than 50hz!

Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
  2. 01-17-2020, 11:11 PM
    VOTING YES. Great evidence showing your power step down setup and hardware serial plate. Man oh man this must be damn near a max out. It appears as though you executed flips everywhere it was possible. Cant see any additional points to glean here. Great job!
    Thanks John Riddell thanked this post
  3. 01-17-2020, 11:17 PM
    thanks Garrett. yes it's getting close to a max out. my highest with the stock bike (on PAL) was 130k. i have won the second bike in the tile game and have posted 150k which i'm theoretically assuming is acceptable score considering one doesn't use the cheat code. i don't have video of that, though, just photos. was happy to post anything over 120k for ntsc as a start
    8 and 16 bitter
  4. 01-19-2020, 07:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by John Riddell View Post
    thanks Garrett. yes it's getting close to a max out. my highest with the stock bike (on PAL) was 130k. i have won the second bike in the tile game and have posted 150k which i'm theoretically assuming is acceptable score considering one doesn't use the cheat code. i don't have video of that, though, just photos. was happy to post anything over 120k for ntsc as a start
    Gosh, I hate that I can't remember, and am too lazy to look, but I *think* I won the special Surfboard in the tile game(possibly on Genesis), and like you said, I didn't put in the code, I "won" it, and I think it was accepted.

Either way, with the wording, I think you could certainly use a "won" piece of special equipment.
    I don't mind to expose unintentional holes in rulesets, lol, but I don't think this is one, they are pretty clear the "code" is the "issue".

Hehe-I thought I had put a score on this one-I just go incredibly slow and bunny-hop the whole time...
    :P

Those flips aren't as easy as you make them look, btw...

Accepted!!!
    This feels like a Good Day for a Great Day!!!
    Likes John Riddell liked this post
  5. 01-19-2020, 10:14 AM
    Accepted!$
  6. 01-19-2020, 01:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogerpoco View Post
    Gosh, I hate that I can't remember, and am too lazy to look, but I *think* I won the special Surfboard in the tile game(possibly on Genesis), and like you said, I didn't put in the code, I "won" it, and I think it was accepted.

Either way, with the wording, I think you could certainly use a "won" piece of special equipment.
    I don't mind to expose unintentional holes in rulesets, lol, but I don't think this is one, they are pretty clear the "code" is the "issue".

Hehe-I thought I had put a score on this one-I just go incredibly slow and bunny-hop the whole time...
    :P

Those flips aren't as easy as you make them look, btw...

Accepted!!!
    ok great that's good to know re: the code. harder to win the the tile game on ntsc! i know people do the bunny hop thing on the NES version. I tried it on the SMS just to see if i could do it but you can't bunny hop on the SMS version unless you are going a certain speed. fortunately this eliminates those cheeky players that do that ;)

i won the surfboard on this game too but all that does is give you more air for tricks. given that one can achieve a 9.0 with the stock board i've never really worried about doing anything more with it. the BMX bike is a different story -- you can essentially perform the 6000 point crazy flip off any jump
    8 and 16 bitter
    Thanks Rogerpoco thanked this post
    Likes Rogerpoco liked this post
  7. 01-19-2020, 06:47 PM
    You made that look easy. Accepted!
  8. 01-19-2020, 10:58 PM
    Accepted. Good evidence of NTSC. Well ridden on another classic console.
    Nice Work.
    Prepare to Qualify.
  9. 01-22-2020, 11:40 PM
    Oh wow, that is heaps faster the the PAL version. Great run.
    Likes John Riddell liked this post
  10. 01-23-2020, 10:13 AM
    Voting yes
    Sega Master System thoroughly shown at the beginning of the video
    Game starts at 1:44 left on the video Name:  image.png
Views: 13
Size:  795.0 KB
    Final score is at :04 left on the video Name:  image.png
Views: 12
Size:  727.2 KB
    JJTJohnnyLightning World #1 Racer on Arcade Game Fast & Furious Super Cars 1,803 Match Wins 49Cities
Join us