Sega Master System - California Games - NTSC - Flying Disk - 1,500 - John Riddell

Is this Performance Claim Valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. Sega Master System - California Games - NTSC - Flying Disk - 1,500 - John Riddell

01-18-2020, 05:13 AM
    Vzaar Video Url:

NTSC - Flying Disk
    Score Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=895
    Rules
    Default Settings
    Submission Message
    like my other cali games ntsc attempts, evidence provided at start of video. tried a new strategy which works much better than left diving catches. record run at 5.45.
    5 california games ntsc world records in one afternoon/evening, this being the last of them (i'm hopeless at footbag). Enjoy!

Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes Rogerpoco, JJT_Defender, nads, Barthax, RaGe liked this post
  2. 01-18-2020, 06:42 AM
    Set-up looks good, my experience is backwards from yours, I live in NTSC region and play PAL some.

One extra thing going for you-if my memory serves me well, SMS games are actually region-free, tho they ARE packaged differently for different regions. Seems like @Barthax told me that once.

Lol, that was sneaky-I was running all over the place to catch the damned disc, and there you are all cool an casual, just putting yur hand up. Jeez...
    :P

Accepted!!!
    This feels like a Good Day for a Great Day!!!
    Thanks John Riddell thanked this post
    Likes Garrett Holland liked this post
  3. 01-18-2020, 10:41 AM
    Voting yes
    record run at 5.45. Name:  image.png
Views: 35
Size:  459.4 KB
    Final score is at :09 left on the video Name:  image.png
Size:  426.9 KBName:  image.png
Size:  424.9 KBName:  image.png
Size:  559.9 KB
    JJTJohnnyLightning World #1 Racer on Arcade Game Fast & Furious Super Cars 1,803 Match Wins 49Cities
  4. 01-18-2020, 10:56 AM
    Accepted!!
  5. 01-18-2020, 12:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogerpoco View Post
    Set-up looks good, my experience is backwards from yours, I live in NTSC region and play PAL some.

One extra thing going for you-if my memory serves me well, SMS games are actually region-free, tho they ARE packaged differently for different regions. Seems like @Barthax told me that once.

Lol, that was sneaky-I was running all over the place to catch the damned disc, and there you are all cool an casual, just putting yur hand up. Jeez...

Accepted!!!
    Thankyou. Yes I wanted to make sure the gameplay was correct so i bought an NTSC cart. apparently you might get slowdown or the game may not play correctly otherwise. for a WR run i wasn't going to take the risk.

my initial strategy in my PAL attempt for flying disk (it stands at 1270 but have gotten up to 1380 with it) was like yours -- run around and do a left hand diving catch (350points). theoretically i would get more points for the throw. the change of tactic was to get the throw perfect, as an overhead catch is also worth 350 and if you don't move will land you 510 points every time. so a 1530 is definitely achievable.
    8 and 16 bitter
    Thanks Rogerpoco thanked this post
    Likes Rogerpoco liked this post
  6. 01-18-2020, 12:31 PM
    Great set up John!

The step down transformer is what I use for my NTSC Atari subs.
    so I know your system is NTSC

CONGRATS on the Record!

Accepted!
    Likes Rogerpoco, Garrett Holland liked this post
  7. 01-18-2020, 12:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogerpoco View Post

Accepted!!!
    Haha, yeah Sega of America was about to kick the Master System into touch and so didn't make any Sonic for the US market. The Sonic released in the US for the Master System is just the PAL version with a different label.

Now, specifically, the Master System has no region lock and many games were not re-coded for the PAL region so run slower in PAL region. The PAL Master System isn't slower - it computes the same speed. The experience is slower because games are coded to wait for the veritical sync to occur and that happens less frequently... Take a Ferrari run it in America at a 55 MPH zone vs. in the UK at a 70 MPH zone or Germany in a unrestricted section of an Autobahm. Same machine, different speeds due to an external factor. :)

Note: while the Master System has no region lock, Japanese slots/carts are physically a different size...
    I'd rather be last on every game than throw my time away chasing only one score.
    Thanks Rogerpoco thanked this post
    Likes John Riddell, Rogerpoco, nurtuo liked this post
  8. 01-18-2020, 12:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nads View Post
    Great set up John!

The step down transformer is what I use for my NTSC Atari subs.
    so I know your system is NTSC

CONGRATS on the Record!

Accepted!
    thanks mate. been a tough few weeks with the bushfires (i live in tumbarumba and have a property in Batlow). the last 4-5 days i've been back in tumba to guard the house (and our neighbours place) against embers or spotfires. the ntsc sega turned up and when power was restored i got to practice for a night or two which was a welcome relief. we are so lucky and it's great to be home
    8 and 16 bitter
    Thanks Rogerpoco, nads, nurtuo thanked this post
    Likes Barthax, Rogerpoco, nads liked this post
  9. 01-18-2020, 01:09 PM
    My prayers are to all Families and people who are fighting the fires that God will protect them.

JJTJohnnyLightning World #1 Racer on Arcade Game Fast & Furious Super Cars 1,803 Match Wins 49Cities
    Thanks John Riddell, nads thanked this post
    Likes nads, Rogerpoco liked this post
  10. 01-18-2020, 03:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by John Riddell View Post
    thanks mate. been a tough few weeks with the bushfires (i live in tumbarumba and have a property in Batlow). the last 4-5 days i've been back in tumba to guard the house (and our neighbours place) against embers or spotfires. the ntsc sega turned up and when power was restored i got to practice for a night or two which was a welcome relief. we are so lucky and it's great to be home
    WOW!! You definitely are one of the lucky ones!
    its been a terrible time for the country, absolute devastation for so many people.
    Im lucky that I live in QLD, and the fires didn’t affect me but the world wide support has been enormous.
    My hope is that all the money donated goes to those who need it the most.
    Thanks Rogerpoco, John Riddell thanked this post
    Likes Rogerpoco, John Riddell, Barthax liked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Join us