Vectrex - Fortress of Narzod - NTSC/PAL - Game 1 - 25,780 - Terence O'Neill

Is this Performance Claim Valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. 01-24-2020, 07:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by RaGe View Post
    As a kid, I'd totally agree with you regarding Web Wars. I loved it. But it's been exposed. It's a flawed game. Back when I played my submitted score game, I had passed the 1st place score and was going along. Then it hit me..Why am I going fast? There's no penalty for slowing up. So I just cruised along at a boring-ass pace for a while. My submission isn't available to watch, but Roger figured it out for his submission...then Dane just took it to a whole other level of cruising lol. I'm sure you'd figure it out this time around, too, without even looking at either of those submissions - When we're young, speed rules..And we're not digging too deeply into games. The fact that you're here hunting scores..You like to break games down and figure out how they tick.

Anyway, the Vectrex was one of the consoles I looked over when I was a referee. I thought about it for a bit, but there was nothing I could add to the Web Wars rules that could fix the fault in the game. "YOU MUST DRIVE FAST!"...Nope. So unfortunately, it's a broken game :(
    It usually doesn't bother me to see a game "break", actually it's kinda a thrill, but Web Wars sticks in my craw bad, I really wish we hadn't played that way, and I do accept responsibility for encouraging Dane to play the same way, so I definitely want to call "my bad" on that one, I just didn't know any better...
    :(
    This feels like a Good Day for a Great Day!!!
    Thanks RaGe thanked this post
    Likes RaGe liked this post
  2. 01-24-2020, 07:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by RaGe View Post
    As a kid, I'd totally agree with you regarding Web Wars. I loved it. But it's been exposed. It's a flawed game. Back when I played my submitted score game, I had passed the 1st place score and was going along. Then it hit me..Why am I going fast? There's no penalty for slowing up. So I just cruised along at a boring-ass pace for a while. My submission isn't available to watch, but Roger figured it out for his submission...then Dane just took it to a whole other level of cruising lol. I'm sure you'd figure it out this time around, too, without even looking at either of those submissions - When we're young, speed rules..And we're not digging too deeply into games. The fact that you're here hunting scores..You like to break games down and figure out how they tick.

Anyway, the Vectrex was one of the consoles I looked over when I was a referee. I thought about it for a bit, but there was nothing I could add to the Web Wars rules that could fix the fault in the game. "YOU MUST DRIVE FAST!"...Nope. So unfortunately, it's a broken game :(
    I remember you were who I sent my Vectrex DVDs to for approval. I actually have a copy around here somewhere with about 4 scores on it. I also have a couple arcade score DVDs where I saved myself a copy after sending in (Tron and DKII).

Yeah Web Wars is a boring one to watch but since the bird drops bombs on you, it isn't leaching I guess is the theory?
    John Marks
    Jupiter, FL
  3. 01-24-2020, 08:13 AM
    oh yeah, I meant to also say GREAT SCORE on a fun difficult game. This is a very cool game they put out on the Vectrex!
    John Marks
    Jupiter, FL
    Thanks RaGe thanked this post
  4. 01-24-2020, 12:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_chilly View Post
    I remember you were who I sent my Vectrex DVDs to for approval. I actually have a copy around here somewhere with about 4 scores on it. I also have a couple arcade score DVDs where I saved myself a copy after sending in (Tron and DKII).

Yeah Web Wars is a boring one to watch but since the bird drops bombs on you, it isn't leaching I guess is the theory?
    It all seems so weird now.. Referees and mailing scores.

Yea, there's some risk, so it skims by without it being leeching. I wish there was some way I could have saved the game. Whoever sits in 1st place will be the one who can marathon it the longest..without falling asleep from boredom LOL
  5. 01-24-2020, 12:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogerpoco View Post
    It usually doesn't bother me to see a game "break", actually it's kinda a thrill, but Web Wars sticks in my craw bad, I really wish we hadn't played that way, and I do accept responsibility for encouraging Dane to play the same way, so I definitely want to call "my bad" on that one, I just didn't know any better...
    :(
    Dude, forget it. It's not your fault...The programmers blew it!
    Thanks Rogerpoco thanked this post
    Likes Rogerpoco liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Join us