Vectrex - Fortress of Narzod - NTSC/PAL - Game 1 - 25,780 - Terence O'Neill

Is this Performance Claim Valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. Vectrex - Fortress of Narzod - NTSC/PAL - Game 1 - 25,780 - Terence O'Neill

01-23-2020, 06:03 PM
    Vzaar Video Url:

NTSC/PAL - Game 1
    Score Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=3740
    Rules
    An ORIGINAL Vectrex controller MUST be used for all submissions.

Submission Message
    This submission was accepted back in 2015. I'm resubmitting it so it's on TG, rather than Youtube. I never submitted a score using my Youtube channel, so I guess TG was only using YT back then.. I don't know. Seems vaguely familiar. There's no "Alright" to start the video. It's "pre-alright"!!.....lol. This is my original submission message:

I drop the cartridge - My nose is stuffed up from allergies - I curse several times..................This video is a mess! :D This is definitely my favorite for the Vectrex. The more chaotic it gets, the better. I love it. Even the slow-down that occurs sometimes when there's a lot of action on the screen. It just adds to the charm, and the challenge. I usually play more aggressively, but this slightly conservative approach worked. I'd like to get 30k in the future, but this is good for now.

Thanks for watching (again..lol)

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes Rogerpoco, voodoo_chilly liked this post
  2. 01-23-2020, 06:35 PM
    Lol, yes, that was friggin weird!!!

Badass Console
    Badass Game
    Badass Gamer

Very Nice!

I thought this was "new" when I first saw it, went "Heck Yeah!"(Imma bout to do some more Vec myself, I'm pretty sure), but still very cool.
    I'd only watched some of this before, was adjudicated before my time, but definitely top-notch play on a tough, fun title!

Accepted!!!
    Droplets of Yes and No
    In an Ocean of Maybe...
    Thanks RaGe thanked this post
    Likes RaGe liked this post
  3. 01-23-2020, 07:17 PM
    Accepted!!
  4. 01-23-2020, 07:44 PM
    This and Web Wars were my favorite Vectrex games.

One day I'll pick another one up.
  5. 01-23-2020, 10:08 PM
    VOTING YES. Score is good! I guess you're not supposed to run into the bird remnants after you shoot em down? Noticed you avoiding them. Adds a challenging element no doubt.
    Results:
    Name:  Screenshot_20200124-010633_Chrome.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  135.3 KB
  6. 01-23-2020, 10:24 PM
    Voted Yes.
    Well Played and Great Score.
    Nice to see a Vectrex again.
    Prepare to Qualify.
  7. 01-24-2020, 06:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett Holland View Post
    I guess you're not supposed to run into the bird remnants after you shoot em down? Noticed you avoiding them. Adds a challenging element no doubt.
    Yea, no contact when they're "frozen" like that. I use them as shields, so it adds a defensive element, too.
    Likes Garrett Holland liked this post
  8. 01-24-2020, 07:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by GibGirl View Post
    Web Wars...
    As a kid, I'd totally agree with you regarding Web Wars. I loved it. But it's been exposed. It's a flawed game. Back when I played my submitted score game, I had passed the 1st place score and was going along. Then it hit me..Why am I going fast? There's no penalty for slowing up. So I just cruised along at a boring-ass pace for a while. My submission isn't available to watch, but Roger figured it out for his submission...then Dane just took it to a whole other level of cruising lol. I'm sure you'd figure it out this time around, too, without even looking at either of those submissions - When we're young, speed rules..And we're not digging too deeply into games. The fact that you're here hunting scores..You like to break games down and figure out how they tick.

Anyway, the Vectrex was one of the consoles I looked over when I was a referee. I thought about it for a bit, but there was nothing I could add to the Web Wars rules that could fix the fault in the game. "YOU MUST DRIVE FAST!"...Nope. So unfortunately, it's a broken game :(
    Thanks GibGirl, Rogerpoco thanked this post
    Likes Rogerpoco, voodoo_chilly liked this post
  9. 01-24-2020, 07:25 AM
    Voting yes
    The Vectrex & Fortress of Narzod is awesome,ahead of its time.
    https://vectrex.fandom.com/wiki/Fortress_of_Narzod
    Game starts at 13:45 left on the video Name:  image.png
Views: 16
Size:  584.4 KB Name:  image.png
Size:  417.7 KB
    Final score is at :09 left on the video

Name:  image.png
Size:  540.8 KB
    JJTJohnnyLightning World #1 Racer on Arcade Game Fast & Furious Super Cars 1,803 Match Wins 49Cities
  10. 01-24-2020, 07:26 AM
    "You must *FLY* fast" (racing is in my blood)

carry on
    Thanks Rogerpoco thanked this post
    Likes Rogerpoco liked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Join us