Arcade records that will be broken this year.

1. Arcade records that will be broken this year.

01-24-2020, 11:15 AM
    1. Galaga marathon
    2. Galaga 5 man
    3. Space Invaders
    4. Omega Race
    5. Scramble
    6. Galaga 88
    7. Kick
    8. Dig Dug (dirt digging fun)
    9. Pole Position
    10. Zoo Keeper

I'd like for all of these to go down, I feel confident that 4 of them will but all will be attempted. Do you have any to add to the list.
    Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes HAN, Snowflake, JJT_Defender, Muerto, Barra liked this post
  2. 01-24-2020, 12:34 PM
    I would be surprised if the DK record doesn't go down.

Unfortunately I don't think the ZK record will go down either. John, do you know of anyone actively trying to do this?

john

3. 01-24-2020, 12:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by redelf View Post

6. Galaga 88
    TG record or some other? Cuz the TG score is far from what I've seen people do. I've seen a few 1.9m and 2m scores. Heard of 2.1-2.3 being done. Saw how it was done and have reason not to believe them.

Hec
    If you need me, I'll be on the 7th floor. No Mames. No steering wheels.
    Likes Garrett Holland, JJT_Defender liked this post
  4. 01-24-2020, 01:08 PM
    John for Zookeeper I don't know of anyone actively seeking to get the record except for Jace, but with the bounty system about to be complete and some talk of a ZK bounty I'm thinking it will bring out some competition.

Hector I should have been more specific and said TG records.

I'll add one more and that would be Contra if I can get access to one locally.
  5. 01-24-2020, 01:16 PM
    1. Galaga marathon
    2. Galaga 5 man
    3. Space Invaders
    4. Omega Race
    5. Scramble
    6. Galaga 88
    7. Kick
    8. Dig Dug (dirt digging fun)
    9. Pole Position
    10. Zoo Keeper

I'd like for all of these to go down, I feel confident that 4 of them will but all will be attempted. Do you have any to add to the list.
    One that is ripe for the taking would be Rampage. The record is pretty soft at the moment, and there are two active players who have shown enough skills to beat it. They've posted higher scores on PS3 (i think), and MAME, both of which are close enough to the arcade to translate in my experience (The PS3 has a 100k glitch at the start, but even without that the current record is higher than arcade). Getting access to a machine is always the hurdle
    Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes JJT_Defender liked this post
  6. 01-24-2020, 01:31 PM
    I posted the Zoo Keeper bounties several weeks ago: https://www.twingalaxies.com/jasonv9...ies-arcademame

No takers as of yet, but it's still early. Plus, it looks like ZK will be one of the games in Yolympics, which is starting soon, so hopefully that will drive some participation.
    Thanks redelf, lexmark, JJT_Defender, Barra thanked this post
    Likes lexmark, JJT_Defender liked this post
  7. 01-24-2020, 04:27 PM
    John for Zookeeper I don't know of anyone actively seeking to get the record except for Jace, but with the bounty system about to be complete and some talk of a ZK bounty I'm thinking it will bring out some competition.
    Thanks, John. I stand to be corrected but last I heard Jace's highest score was 20M-ish. I dont think he'd have the TIME to pass 63M within a year. But good luck to him.

The other problem for peeps is that there is very few working ZK's left. That's a BIG problem.

I'm happy to fully support you if you want to try again to make the JROK boards seen as valid arcade submissions. (same for other games that JROK supports) ! ? (pending the community agrees)

john

8. 01-25-2020, 07:16 AM
    I may be jumping the gun, but I know of one gamer who is making awesome progress with "Depthcharge" and already has had a game with 64 boats sunk (technically 66 but two of them were his own).

After a certain point it comes down to luck but he's very tenacious and with enough attempts I think he might be able to pull it off.
    Thanks Barra thanked this post
    Likes Barra liked this post
  9. 01-25-2020, 08:02 AM
    I think I'm going to make attempts for the Space Invaders record, but it will be on MAME. Depending on how that goes, I might try to arrange for some attempts on a cab too.
    Likes HAN, Barra liked this post
  10. 01-26-2020, 01:39 AM
    Gyruss 5 lives gets beaten in a month I reckon...
    there’s also a Pleiades record waiting to be upped to TG, just need sub points
    Likes John73, Barra liked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Join us