Atari 2600 / VCS - Mouse Trap - NTSC - Difficulty BB (Points) - 3,969 - Patrick Larocque

Is this Performance Claim Valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. Atari 2600 / VCS - Mouse Trap - NTSC - Difficulty BB (Points) - 3,969 - Patrick Larocque

02-11-2020, 12:12 AM
    Vzaar Video Url:

NTSC - Difficulty BB (Points)
    Score Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=3813
    Rules
    The left difficulty switch must be set to the B position. This reduces the intelligence of the cats ("Stupid Cats").
    The right difficulty switch must be set to the B position. This reduces the speed of the cats ("Slow Cats").

Submission Message
    Run starts at 00:48
    First time playing this cart in a very long time....I'm sure I can improve on this score with a little more time and a lot more patience!!
    Thanks for watching!

Attached Images Attached Images  
  2. 02-11-2020, 02:50 AM
    Your first time playing in 30 years is about 30x my personal best LOL! Excellent job, and superb evidence as usual. I had no idea the wafers only gave you 1 point. I can see this one can likely be pattern played ... uh ... I think.
    VOTING YES.
    Thanks Pat Larocque thanked this post
    Likes Pat Larocque liked this post
  3. 02-11-2020, 03:04 AM
    Accepted all correct.
    I have never heard of this title before.
    Pacman with Cats and Mice?
    Good run.
    Prepare to Qualify.
  4. 02-11-2020, 06:14 AM
    Voting yes
    Run starts at 00:48
    Final score is at :35 left on the video
    Game settings Name:  image.png
Views: 36
Size:  512.9 KB
    JJTJohnnyLightning World #1 Racer on Arcade Game Fast & Furious Super Cars 1,803 Match Wins 49Cities
  5. 02-11-2020, 06:51 AM
    Shoot, you can really tell that you know this game pretty well, that was darned good for just "picking it up"!

Accepted!!!
    This feels like a Good Day for a Great Day!!!
  6. 02-12-2020, 01:16 PM
    accepted

you'd need several patterns cause the cats can be a little different. i'm not sure if they're compeltely random or if it randomly selects between fixed patters -- man i hate those semantics. what i mean is, you might need several patterns and it might be random which one you need. theres definitely some difference in how the cats move some of the time.

I prefer to just have a general "pattern" that assumes no cats exist, you know, clear the maze as fast as possible and then just improvise around the cats

also yeah, i experimented with different types of point pressing, and though i never 100% proved point pressing is a waste, the clear bonus is so high that i'm fairly confident you're better off just clearing levels as quickly as possible
    If you have enjoyed this comment please consider clicking the "like" button
  7. 02-14-2020, 02:58 PM
    @ 1:50 "This game doesn't seem nearly as exciting as I remember it." With credits to the following other Atari 2600 points-in-maze games:

Pac-man
    Ms. Pac-man
    Junior Pac-man
    Pac-man 4K
    Alien
    Ladybug
    Lock 'n' chase
    Shark attack
    Bank heist

But this one's still the cheesiest. *ouch*

Accepted.
    ...God gave video games to you...