Sega Genesis / Sega Mega Drive - Ayrton Senna's Super Monaco GP II - NTSC - Free Run - Mexico [Fastest Lap] - 37.71 - Roger 111

Is this Performance Claim Valid?

You have no permission to view/vote this poll.
You may not vote on this poll
  1. Sega Genesis / Sega Mega Drive - Ayrton Senna's Super Monaco GP II - NTSC - Free Run - Mexico [Fastest Lap] - 37.71 - Roger 111

02-14-2020, 05:19 PM
    Vzaar Video Url:

NTSC - Free Run - Mexico [Fastest Lap]
    Score Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=120151
    Rules
    Any Control Type, Any Meter, Free Practice, Free Run Mode, Any Transmission
    Special Rules: You MUST complete at LEAST 1 Lap for your Lap Time to count.
    Submission Message

Hardware/Settings in beginning, lap at 13:38.
    NSFWC, apologies in advance...Something abut those chickens...
    Well, I'm pretty sure I did ok on this game before, with a serious handicap, the 6-button d-pad is just waay too sensetive for this game.
    I imagine this can go faster, TBH just kinda decided to play it and accidentally hit this, didn't really grind.
    Momentum is the big thing on this one, you can hold the throttle in 7th gear the whole track.
    Thanks Everyone!!!

2. 02-15-2020, 03:32 AM
    Accepted and all correct.
    Another great time well done.
    Super Driving.
    Prepare to Qualify.
    Thanks Rogerpoco thanked this post
    Likes Rogerpoco liked this post
  3. 02-15-2020, 06:43 AM
    That looked like a reallllly clean lap. Great stuff!

Awesome, man...........Accepted!
  4. 02-15-2020, 08:43 AM
    Another solid performance. Accepted
  5. 02-15-2020, 08:43 AM
    Voting yes
    Game starts at 13:25 left on the video
    Final time is at :22 left on the video
    Game settings Name:  image.png
Views: 25
Size:  570.5 KBName:  image.png
Size:  594.6 KBName:  image.png
Size:  653.8 KB
    JJTJohnnyLightning World #1 Racer on Arcade Game Fast & Furious Super Cars 1,803 Match Wins 49Cities
  6. 02-15-2020, 08:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkillerShane View Post
    Another solid performance. Accepted
    Active competition is really fun on these, the day by "Darnit!'s", and "Yesssss!!'es" just seem to mean a little more.
    Even on something like Super Mario Kart, where I was definitely a slight step down in skill from the couple Guys I was competing with, it just made it more fun "playing along", knowing others were actively grinding on the same thing.

Something I meant to mention on one of your subs-you may have noticed already, but after a certain point, you ARE certainly competing with people's existing times, but your "competition" really becomes the timer itself, trying to push it as much as you can.

Thanks!!!
    This feels like a Good Day for a Great Day!!!
    Likes StarkillerShane liked this post
  7. 02-15-2020, 12:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogerpoco View Post
    Active competition is really fun on these, the day by "Darnit!'s", and "Yesssss!!'es" just seem to mean a little more.
    Even on something like Super Mario Kart, where I was definitely a slight step down in skill from the couple Guys I was competing with, it just made it more fun "playing along", knowing others were actively grinding on the same thing.

Something I meant to mention on one of your subs-you may have noticed already, but after a certain point, you ARE certainly competing with people's existing times, but your "competition" really becomes the timer itself, trying to push it as much as you can.

Thanks!!!
    You two have convinced me to buy some of these games and join the party lo. Ayrton Senna is everywhere! Haha love that documentary on him too.

I remember my friend had the original SMGP on the megadrive and we played it a lot. Might have to revisit it.

Well done to both of you on all these times, great to see
    8 and 16 bitter
  8. 02-15-2020, 12:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by John Riddell View Post
    You two have convinced me to buy some of these games and join the party lo. Ayrton Senna is everywhere! Haha love that documentary on him too.

I remember my friend had the original SMGP on the megadrive and we played it a lot. Might have to revisit it.

Well done to both of you on all these times, great to see
    The Ayrton version is a tad more fun, tbh, after you play both, the gears feel quite boggy on regular SMGP, tho it's still a great game!!!

I was intimidated, as a kid, by the thought of shifting gears on video games, when automatic transmission was available, but it isn'[t too tough once you get the hang of it.
    Italy is the best place to start, probably, on either version, but the top times on those may actually be the "fastest possible".

Thanks, and Best of Luck if/when you take it on!!!
    This feels like a Good Day for a Great Day!!!
Join us