More Shenanigans with Respect to DK, Billy and Possibly Walter as Well...these from 1983 !!

1. 06-03-2020, 05:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    oh, not sure if anyone wants to reach out to psp, it cant be me due to issues we've had. I cant be sure but i think he's still upset i beat his lode runner scores Anyway i seem to recall him pointing out something simliar about donkey kong junior. that there was a higher score than billy's that mysteriously went missin. its possible he may be able to help with this.
    What follows below is Scott Patterson's (PSP) official reply,

"Received some messages about this thread since my name was invoked. Cannot login to reply directly so I've asked a brother to me to do so.

First of all, Snowflake... I have no idea what "issues between us" ever happened. I do not know you I do no recall any meaningful interaction with you ever. I was never upset about you or anyone else beating any score. That's why the scores were submitted, dude.

I assure you, any "issues between us" exist only in your imagination or someone out there led you along with false info. I don't care that you exist or what you do, have done or will do. I have no feelings toward you at all because I don't know you.

WITH THAT, to chime in with actual useful information as everyone stumbles about...

The name to seek out relating to DK is Terry Batson. Years ago, Leo Daniels claimed that Batson's 912,000 DK score was accepted only to quickly be "beaten" by one of the infamous fake Steve Sanders scores. He said it then vanished when it all reverted back. I never got to dive too deep into this one but perhaps Daniels can shed light on it.

The DK Junior stuff Snowfake seems to slightly remember has been covered in extreme detail publicly by me and others off and on for a decade with evidence to back it up. Sad that it could be so vaguely recalled given how many here have and still seem to camp on my social media feeds.

With that, you can look up the info yourself. Go to DigitPress.com's library and dig through the TV scoreboards in magazines such as Joystik and Video Games Magazine and you'll find multiple scores set in 1983 that beat Mitchell's DKJ score from 1982.

When they rebuilt the TG scoreboard in the 2000s, they used those magazines to re-enter scores but those DKJ scores never made it in. Every DKJ score BELOW Mitchell's did... and every OTHER score in those same issues made it in.

I've asked about this for a decade but nobody wants to address it, so I stopped. Go do the same work and you'll find the same information and have the same questions.

People are welcome to reach out with any legit questions like this at any time. Only a few do but it's clear to me that many are hung up on imaginary feelings and nonexistent issues instead of frequently posted old information.

I will not be checking here for replies."
    Buy the Ticket... Take the Ride...

Thanks datagod, JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes datagod, JJT_Defender liked this post
  2. 06-03-2020, 07:49 AM
    wow along time has passed i had forgotten all about this. i stopped getting people telling me he was complaining about me beating my score so i'll give him the benefit of the doubt he stopped as i dont follow him and noone else has indicated he's said anything about me in quite some time. claiming he never did is a lie, he absolutely whined about his scores being beat and couldnt keep my name out of his mouth, i brought this up when it was true and havent talked about him in a long time, i'm over it. but if theres desire to dredge up ancient history and try to act like i was making something up and while i'm capable of eventually letting things go if its brought back up i'll continue to defend myself. weird to see him rebring it up but whatever, if the point is he let it go thats cool. no hard feelings on this end.
    If you have enjoyed this comment please consider clicking the "like" button
    Likes datagod liked this post
  3. 06-03-2020, 08:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by OriginalPSP
    What follows below is Scott Patterson's (PSP) official reply,

First of all, Snowflake... I have no idea what "issues between us" ever happened. I do not know you I do no recall any meaningful interaction with you ever. I was never upset about you or anyone else beating any score. That's why the scores were submitted, dude.
    LOL

It is quite apparent that you leveraged his "world record count" to gain influence with Guinness and further his career goals and aspirations.

I assure you, any "issues between us" exist only in your imagination or someone out there led you along with false info. I don't care that you exist or what you do, have done or will do. I have no feelings toward you at all because I don't know you.
    Weeks of wars on Wikipedia show that this to be yet another lie.

WITH THAT, to chime in with actual useful information as everyone stumbles about...
    Oh great warden of video game history and truth, please enlighten us.

The DK Junior stuff Snowfake seems to slightly remember has been covered in extreme detail publicly by me and others off and on for a decade with evidence to back it up. Sad that it could be so vaguely recalled given how many here have and still seem to camp on my social media feeds.

With that, you can look up the info yourself. Go to DigitPress.com's library and dig through the TV scoreboards in magazines such as Joystik and Video Games Magazine and you'll find multiple scores set in 1983 that beat Mitchell's DKJ score from 1982.
    I will not be checking here for replies."

If you were telling the same story for 10 years and nobody listens you just might want to take a different approach.

Thanks for being antisocial!
    Your friend, datagod
    Creator of Arcade Retro Clock

Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes JJT_Defender liked this post
  4. 06-03-2020, 08:24 AM
    Can you really take the word from somebody who lies about not dumping rare prototype ROMS and then flipping them on Ebay for fast $$$?
    Somebody who was willing to turn a blind eye to invalid score entry in hopes of getting a payday from a former owner?
    Somebody who lied publicly about getting a Donkey Kong killscreen?

He even lies about dumping roms. He sold them as undumped, yet contradicts his own story.

Name:  PSP refused to dump prototype ROMS.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  90.4 KB

Name:  PSP says he made backups of roms even though they sold undumped.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  145.1 KB
    Your friend, datagod
    Creator of Arcade Retro Clock

5. 06-03-2020, 10:26 AM
    Following up on PSP’s comment about the Charlotte Observer, I found an article dated 31 August 1982 that mentions Terry Batson (“Video Champs are Vanquished by Californians). Leo Daniels is cited as the NC Team Captain. During the contest, it’s reported that Batson scored 454,000 on DK. The contest itself was overseen by Walter Day.

For further reference, here's a link to the discussion over at CAGDC and a link to PSP's Observer article:

http://www.classicarcadegaming.com/f...p?topic=6728.0

https://web.archive.org/web/20160713...or-leo-daniels

In the book “Defending the Galaxy” published in late 1982, it includes high scores that appear to be from TG as of September 3, 1982. The high score on DK is Steve Sanders at 1,453,700.

Then in this publication, Sanders achieves a score of 3 million + in October 1982.

http://www.videoparadise-sanjose.com/tg-oct-1982.htm

The players assemble for the LIFE photo shoot and contest in November 1982, which appears in the January 1983 issue.

In the September 1982 issue of Joystik, Leo Daniels is cited as the DK champion (achieved 4/20/82) at 398,000

In the November 1982 issue, Steve Sanders has the DK top score at 863,500 achieved 7/10/82

In Jan 83 issue, we find Steve's score of 3,151,800, apparently achieved on 11 Sept 1982.

So it would look like our window of finding Batson's 912,000 score would fall between July 10, 1982 and at least September 3, 1982, possibly a couple of weeks earlier.

To round things out with the discussion around Donkey Kong Junior, several weeks ago I acquired a copy of the February 1984 TG scoreboard. My plan is to upload it to a "historical scoreboard" wiki, but for now you can see the scores accepted by TG as of that date.

Name:  TGIS_Feb_1984_DKJr.png
Views: 142
Size:  180.8 KB
    Last edited by The Evener; 06-03-2020 at 02:03 PM.
    Likes Snowflake, JJT_Defender liked this post
  6. 06-03-2020, 12:41 PM
    For public interest, here's an article that was published in the Pleasant Grove Review (Utah) from 29 Sept 1983 detailing Calvin Frampton's DK Jr score of 1,259,300:

Name:  PleasantGroveReview29Sept1983.png
Views: 140
Size:  379.3 KB
  7. 06-03-2020, 02:04 PM
    EDIT: I found a newspaper dated 20 August 1982 that featured TG top scores, and Sanders' 1.4 million DK score is listed. I also overlooked (although PSP mentions this in the CAGDC thread) that Batson may have submitted his score after Sanders had claimed a million plus score, so we may not be able to document the score unless we uncover a version of the TGIS newsletter in late 1982 that tracked the top 5 scores on DK - if such a thing existed at that time.

One thing worth mentioning - I did come across a newspaper article from January 6, 1982 where Mitchell indicates that he has the second highest score on Donkey Kong. From what I can tell, Sanders 3 million + game wasn't formally removed until Feb or March 1983, meaning there's the possibility that Baton's score wasn't ever registered. The article does on to mention that, as of January 1983, Mitchell has the fifth highest score on DK Junior, and 4th highest score on Pac-Man, so I think we can view the 2nd place statement at face value.
  8. 06-03-2020, 02:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by The Evener View Post
    EDIT: I found a newspaper dated 20 August 1982 that featured TG top scores, and Sanders' 1.4 million DK score is listed. I also overlooked (although PSP mentions this in the CAGDC thread) that Batson may have submitted his score after Sanders had claimed a million plus score, so we may not be able to document the score unless we uncover a version of the TGIS newsletter in late 1982 that tracked the top 5 scores on DK - if such a thing existed at that time.

One thing worth mentioning - I did come across a newspaper article from January 6, 1982 where Mitchell indicates that he has the second highest score on Donkey Kong. From what I can tell, Sanders 3 million + game wasn't formally removed until Feb or March 1983, meaning there's the possibility that Baton's score wasn't ever registered. The article does on to mention that, as of January 1983, Mitchell has the fifth highest score on DK Junior, and 4th highest score on Pac-Man, so I think we can view the 2nd place statement at face value.
    So why is his score not in TG database?
    See here:
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/game/do.../1?ref=fbshare
    streaming mspacman normal and turbo speed at: https://www.twitch.tv/francoisadt

Francois du Toit
  9. 06-03-2020, 09:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sprinter461 View Post

oh boy, well i'll admit i can analyze people wrong. when i saw him go on and on about how little he cared about me beating his score i of course took to mean he did care and was upset. but honestly i thought about this i decided to reach out to him, imagine my surprise to find i was blocked

dont know how he blocked me considering he doesnt care that i exist or what i do or will do. i do agree we had no meaningful interaction, so he cant blame it on any sort of harassment or anything like that. also weird to block someone you have no ill feelings towards

lol all cause i beat his lode runner score. and when i try to be respectable of that and not reach out to him directly but point others to him as a potential resource rather than appreciate i acknowledged his lack of desire to interact with me he gets offended i noticed his offense?

oh well, just as well. i honestly didnt want to reach out to him, i just felt it was the right thing to do. i'm actually pretty relieved hes so upset about me that hes blocked me. makes my decisions easier.

i will give this last piece of frinedly advice though. my lode runner scores are all direct uploaded and publicly viewable. if he wanst to watch them and beat them back i'l welcome the competition. its a cool game.
    If you have enjoyed this comment please consider clicking the "like" button
  10. 06-04-2020, 06:02 AM
    Likes datagod, Snowflake, JJT_Defender liked this post
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Join us