PS3 submissions

1. PS3 submissions

03-17-2020, 03:56 AM
    How do I upload PS3 submissions. Is phone capture enough or do I have to buy video capture hardware for use with laptop. What else is needed for uploading?

Just checking before I waste time recording something that can't be used on this site.
    Many thanks if you can help. Tried searching but search scraps the PS3 bit and just shows submissions and not PS3 submissions.
  2. 03-17-2020, 11:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Zengobag View Post
    How do I upload PS3 submissions. Is phone capture enough or do I have to buy video capture hardware for use with laptop. What else is needed for uploading?

Just checking before I waste time recording something that can't be used on this site.
    Many thanks if you can help. Tried searching but search scraps the PS3 bit and just shows submissions and not PS3 submissions.
    There are multiple ways to get to the page where you can submit a record. In my opinion, the easiest way is to choose "TG RECORDS" from the menu:

Name:  20200318_024705.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  118.1 KB

That will expose the sub menu where you can find and click on "View Leaderboards".

Name:  20200318_024824.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  218.3 KB

That will take you to this page:
    Name:  Screenshot_20200318-024940_Chrome.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  612.8 KB

Again, there are several ways to get to the game page you want to submit on, but the easiest way is to find the correct platform in the list of platforms on the left half.

Name:  20200318_025323.jpg
Size:  744.8 KB

You'll need to scroll down to get to PS3, because they're in alphabetical order:

Name:  20200318_025458.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  266.9 KB

Check the box to the left of the appropriate platform like this:

Name:  Screenshot_20200318-025619_Chrome.jpg
Size:  75.0 KB

If you scroll back up to the top of the page, you will see all of the previous games are replaced with a list of PS3 games.

If your game is not in the list even after exhausting the "Load More" button at the bottom of the matrix of games, the game track will need to be created, and I will help you do that or even do it for you if it comes to that. Assuming the game is indeed within the list, click on the picture of the game to get to that game's leaderboard page. For this example, I'll just pick Soul Caliber IV.

Name:  20200318_030220.jpg
Size:  750.1 KB

Click on it to take you to the leaderboard page, which looks like this:

Name:  Screenshot_20200318-030302_Chrome.jpg
Size:  505.6 KB

As you can see, there are different types of records you can go for on the same game. In this example, there is a highest score track and also a fastest completion (i.e. speedrun) track. For this example, I want to submit a high score, so I will click on the "Submit Performance" button directly to the right of the track title, found here:

Name:  20200318_030345.jpg
Size:  167.2 KB

Follow the on screen instructions from there.

Regarding what kind of video setup you need, it is simple. A phone cam will work just fine. Here are a few suggestions regard what to capture in the footage to ensure you get a lot of voters voting on your submissions, and to ensure that those lots of voters want to give you a YES vote:

1. Start the video showing your cartridge or disc, show the console as being currently off, then powering it on with your monitor/display reacting to the power cycle. This will assuage concerns that you entered in cheat codes or some other nefarious deed before the footage began.

2. Record the entire gameplay and the entire display, including settings menus and all the way through the end of your game. Avoid submitting multiple videos where there are any gaps in between videos.

3. If the digits are small on your display that adjudicators cannot make out the final score, after you are done with your game, take your camera and zoom in on the score so it looks clear to the viewer.

I hope this all helps. Let me know if you need additional help.
    Thanks Zengobag, Pixe Sukola thanked this post
    Likes Zengobag liked this post
  3. 03-18-2020, 04:01 AM
    Too much aggro to get set up. I know I can beat a lot of Pinball Arcade scores here but why should I have to prove myself. I'll just stick them on my YouTube channel as it's less aggro.
    Thanks for your time and help but getting stressed out is not part of the fun. I'll just not bother now.

All I wanted was basically to get verified and a little guidance but can't find a link to TGSAP??? and searching doesn't help either. I live in a homeless shelter and have done for nearly 5 years now. It's stressful enough without getting stressed trying to do what is simple on other sites.
  4. 03-18-2020, 04:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Zengobag View Post
    Too much aggro to get set up. I know I can beat a lot of Pinball Arcade scores here but why should I have to prove myself.

You are absolutely correct, you don't have to prove anything at all.

I would recommend to you cyberscore.me.uk you just register and start submitting scores, no prove of any kind is required, not a video or even a picture, and you dont need to earn points to submit records, you can submit as many as you want from the minute you register, and that way you wouldnt be wasting your time like you mentioned. I use both sites.
    Last edited by Pixe Sukola; 03-18-2020 at 04:31 AM.
    Thanks Zengobag thanked this post
  5. 03-18-2020, 08:48 AM
    That's fair. This site is for more serious competitors rather than the casual player, and it is because of the serious nature that proof is required. A TG record will yield a record-holder notoriety, and because of this, some players have lied about their achievements and gained worldwide notoriety, just to end up being humiliated after being caught lying about their scores.

Regarding TGSAP, there isnt a link to it because TGSAP is simply a brand name for the adjudication process. The acronym means "TwinGalaxies Submission Adjudication Process", and simply a descriptor for its unique crowd-sourced acceptance process. If you were to have searched for "Adjudication", youd have found it. If you'll notice in the screenshot of the Wiki page I sent you earlier this morning, you will see two or three links that tell you all about the adjudication process, or "TGSAP", if you will.

To your point, yes, I can certainly appreciate that you are unfortunately in a position to be exclusively a casual player who is not interested in the recognition that comes with an official worldrecord, ,and since that is the case, perhaps TwinGalaxies may not serve your purposes, especially if not wanting to prove anything is your desire.
  6. 03-18-2020, 09:03 AM
    Pixe mentioned a good site for the casual player who doesn't want to show any kind of evidence that the score was actually achieved. Another good one is HighScore.com. Although they do require some sort of evidence, the require only a still photo of the final result. It, similar to TG, has a peer-review acceptance process, although a much more lenient set of "peers" LOL! Total anonymity there as well. The down side is that literally anyone can take a look at whatever score you get, fabricate a photo that just barely beats your score, taking away your record just to have their name on top as some people are prone to do. Not only that, but even when they are caught blatantly cheating, there is absolutely nothing that will be done about it and their score will remain in top. It happens all the time (literally every day) on these other proof-less sites. They are still fun, and I am a member of both, so as long as you dont really care if someone cheats to beat your score that you didnt cheat to get, then those are likely the best options for you.
  7. 03-18-2020, 09:13 AM
    Here is an example of what happens on these other sites every single day. A perfect score in Bowling is 300. I got a perfect game and submitted my score to capture the record. Someone came in right after me and submitted a score of 30,000,000,000,000,000 just to be a total díck to me. Since the site's members remain anonymous, they were able to create 25 separate accounts, logging into each account and VOTING YES on their own bogus score, and there isnt a damned thing anyone can do about it.

TwinGalaxies is the only site currently in existence where that can't possibly happen with impunity.

Name:  Screenshot_20200318-130518_Chrome.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  350.7 KB

Again, since you're a casual player and you are more bothered about providing evidence than you would be about cheaters beating your records, this shouldnt be too much of an issue for you.
  8. 03-18-2020, 08:15 PM
    Thanks, I'll have a good read through.
    Sorry for the outbursts. I'm normally laid back and care free but last couple of weeks have just wound me up a lot. I mentioned Homeless Shelter in a post.. It's actually a Homeless Hostel. 5 years July and it's been OK but last couple of weeks there is a resident that keeps going in and out of the door right by my room and he's waking me up all hours of the night and when he stops, everyone else is just getting up so just not sleeping and it's frustrating.

I'll go through all the posts again and get myself setup. If I feel like it's getting to me i'll just stop at that point, have a coffee and chill out and look again after.
    I am computer literate and not stupid but after reading some of my posts you may think otherwise.

Thanks for all your help and I'm going back to the beginning and starting fresh.
    Take care and I hope to post some scores soon.

PC videos. Would Xbox Game Bar capture be OK for capture or would FRAPS be better? Both are installed but Game bar is quicker to access via Home button on pad.

PS3 videos. Phone capture would be OK I presume but need to get microSD card for more space. Only have 1.5Gb on one phone and approx 3Gb on spare phone - which is the one with the better camera. Will be getting that on Friday anyway.

Going to have a good read now - being as I'm awake due to door slamming at vets next door. Kettle on first and a cup of coffee before I start tho. lol

Thanks for your time and help. I'll behave in future and keep the outbursts to myself.

Thanks Garrett for guide below. Finding the games and uploading stuff wasn't the problem. It was not knowing what type of capture is accepted by the site hence asking for verification about videos above. I was going to try a few MAME scores at some point but need to get a "proper" joystick for that first. D-pad/analog just don't feel right when playing arcade games. Got Wolfmame ready for that anyway.
    Last edited by Zengobag; 03-18-2020 at 08:29 PM. Reason: Forgot something
    Likes Garrett Holland liked this post
  9. 03-18-2020, 09:32 PM
    I'm having problems finding the Adjudication page. I know it's there somewhere but searching gives me a load of "dispute" and other posts and at one point there was 864 pages to read... Now I know I have a little time spare but not quite up to reading that much. lol

Where about is the link on screen?
    I clicked Adjudication and that was when I had 864 pages. Is it on the left, right, towards the bottom/top. I just can't seem to find it.

Garret - You mentioned about showing the boot cycle of console. As I'll only be uploading "The Pinball Arcade" scores on PS3 would just starting game up, selecting table and then playing be suffice and also showing end score screen would be a good idea. I don't own any "PRO" versions on PS3 but I do on PC version so will have to check operator menu on PC tables. PS3 would just be start table up and play wouldn't it. Just set "Extras" to play with either green/cyan ball which is allowed isn't it?

Thanks for help and sorry for being a pain in the ass.
    Thanks Garrett Holland thanked this post
  10. 03-18-2020, 09:42 PM
    Adjudication is found under the "TG Records" tab, "Vote on Performances". On the left side it works like any other forum. Click "Vote on Performances" and there is the entire list of submissions in the queue. Vote away. That is also where the "General Discussions" thread is at for some reason, along with the "Dispute" area just below.
    Thanks Zengobag, Garrett Holland thanked this post
    Likes Zengobag liked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Join us