Dispute: Daniel Ocampo - PlayStation 2 - Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock - NTSC - 1. Starting Out Small - Story Of My Life - Easy Difficulty - 1 Player [Points] - Player: Tanya Blatherwick - Score: 272,186

Is this a valid dispute?

You have no permission to view/vote this poll.
You may not vote on this poll
  1. Dispute: Daniel Ocampo - PlayStation 2 - Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock - NTSC - 1. Starting Out Small - Story Of My Life - Easy Difficulty - 1 Player [Points] - Player: Tanya Blatherwick - Score: 272,186

03-18-2020, 02:05 AM
    PlayStation 2 - Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock - NTSC - 1. Starting Out Small - Story Of My Life - Easy Difficulty - 1 Player [Points]
    Score Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=34276
    Rules
    This game MUST be played with a Guitar Controller. To ensure the Guitar Controller is being used, players will be required to cycle through the fret buttons at least ONCE at the start of each song. Meaning... click and release each fret button just to show that you are using a guitar controller.
    Pausing is NOT allowed!
    The scores for individual songs [Points], Career [Points], and Career [Note Streak] can all be from the same game, but they do not have to be.
    Scores can be achieved during quick play or career mode.
    1-Player only!
    Player Name
    Tanya Blatherwick
    Original Adjudication
    N/A
    Verification Method
    DVD
    Verification Date
    2008-12-23
    Disputed Score
    272,186 (Rank 1)
    Disputed By
    Pixe Sukola
    Dispute Evidence / Rationale
    This score is imposible to get playing on easy mode. It is most likely a mistake.

On this link we can see Jared Oswald get 99% notes hit on Medium difficulty and he is not even close to this score.

https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthread.php/191995

Cyberscore has about 80 entries on this track and the best players in the world hitting 100% notes and optimizing star power only get around 232k.

https://cyberscore.me.uk/chart/36800

I played this track on easy, hit a 99% and only got 181k.

Thanks Garrett Holland, JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes JJT_Defender liked this post
  2. 03-18-2020, 02:20 PM
    Definitely a mistake, voting yes.
    -Ohya, baby! I'm the first ever dude on the planet to get a documented PERFECT score on Bonk's Adventure!
    I also have a high score on Alfred Chicken.... yeah, not as good.
    http://videogames101.com
    or http://www.youtube.com/user/starsoldier1
    Thanks Pixe Sukola thanked this post
  3. 03-18-2020, 06:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by starsoldier1 View Post
    Definitely a mistake, voting yes.
    Thanks a lot man.

Maybe @timmel can help with this too. He is the best Guitar Hero active player I know.
    Daniel Ocampo
    Tomena Sanner
    Champion and JJT lover (not in that way).
    Likes starsoldier1 liked this post
  4. 03-18-2020, 06:45 PM
    . @timmell
    Daniel Ocampo
    Tomena Sanner
  5. 03-19-2020, 07:58 AM
    Yes, I have been waiting for my cred to reach 4000, to combat these. Score was entered into the wrong track. For sure look at these links.

There is 510 notes in this song on easy. There are many sustains in the song and course 8x multiplier can occur, But I think a max score is around 234,000 with perfect whammy bar star power gains.

Impossible to get that score (272,186) on easy. Here is a unverified leaderboard on easy.

https://www.scorehero.com/rankings.p...ff=1&song=1457

The track is in the wrong diffucuilty. Not a wrong score.

I recommend removal of difficulty tracks and combine them into one track (each song/ instrument) for all Guitar hero/ Rock band games (The Beatles and Green Day rockband, and GH3 on Wii, are already done with way. correctly) so we don't have to dispute a lot that were put into the wrong difficulty. The game is risk/reward for choosing a higher difficulty can get you more points, if you keep a active streak going.
  6. 03-19-2020, 08:00 AM
    More info for you all. From Score hero.

I. Definition of time

Dividing Lines:
    In the game, there are three types of divider lines: thin lines, thick lines, and thick lines which are even thicker at the edges (I'll call them huge lines).

Measures:
    We will define a measure as the time represented between two consecutive huge lines. Each measure is divided by a certain number of thick lines representing beats within the measure. And finally each beat is divided in half by the thin lines.

Time Signatures:
    This definition of a measure implies time signatures. In standard notation, a time signature is represented as X/Y where Y defines the type of division that is considered a beat (4 = quarter notes, 8 = eight notes, etc.), and X defines how many of those beats are contained in each measure. For example, 4/4 means 4 quarter notes per measure, 6/8 means 6 eighth notes per measure, etc. The most common time signature is 4/4, although there are some songs containing 6/8 and 3/4. As far as we're concerned, X is used to determine how many thick lines are placed between huge lines, and Y has no meaningful information within the game (we don't care if a beat is actually a quarter note or an eighth note within the song).

Hopefully all this will make the following explanations clear.

II. Basic Note Scores

The base value of note scores is very simple. One note is 50 points.

Everything else is derived from this value. For instance, chords are worth double (two notes, right?)--so 100 points.

The only question is notes that you hold. The initial note still gives you the same 50 points, but for every beat [defined above] that you hold it, you receive half of the initial value, or 25 points. This will, of course, scale to the base value of the note/chord (if it's a held chord, then you would earn 50 points per beat).

Example: The first held note in Iron Man - Easy. As you can see on the note charts, the first note is held for just under 8 beats. If you test this, you'll see that you receive 247 points after playing the hold. 50 (initial) + (8 beats * 25 points per beat) = 250 points, minus a few points because the hold ends before the 8th beat is over = 247.

Note: If the calculated "hold points" for a note is not an integer, it is rounded to the nearest integer (such that x.5 rounds up).

III. Multipliers

Multipliers do exactly what you think they do. They multiply every point value by the number indicated. So, at 4x, every single note is worth 200, and chords are worth 400.

When you miss a note or strum an incorrect note, your streak (and thus your multiplier) vanishes. As you build your streak back up, your multiplier will increase every 10 notes. So, in terms of your streak:

Guitar Hero:
    Notes 1-10: x1 (if held, Note 10's hold points calculated at 2x)
    Notes 11-20: x2 (if held, Note 20's hold points calculated at 3x)
    Notes 21-30: x3 (if held, Note 30's hold points calculated at 4x)
    Notes 31+: x4

Guitar Hero II:
    Notes 1-9: x1 (if held, Note 9's hold points also calculated at 1x)
    Notes 10-19: x2 (if held, Note 19's hold points also calculated at 2x)
    Notes 20-29: x3 (if held, Note 29's hold points also calculated at 3x)
    Notes 30+: x4

As a practical example, let's calculate how many points you lose if you mess up your x4. It takes 30 notes to build your multiplier back.

If you hadn't messed up, 30 notes * 50 points base value * x4 multiplier = 6000 points. Add in the note you actually missed to break the streak, and you get 6200 points.
    Since you did mess up, 10 notes at x1 = 500, 10 at x2 = 1000, 10 at x3 = 1500, totalling 3000 points.

Thus, your mis-strum cost you 3200 points.

But wait. What about chords?

Chords do not count as two notes when building up a streak. Thus, on a high difficulty of Unsung, it takes 30 chords to get back your x4. Math prodigies will realize that your mistake cost you twice as much--6400 points.

But wait. What about holds?

Holds obviously don't increase your streak, but they are worth more points. So, let's take an example where you only play chords, and hold them each for one measure.

Value at x4: 800 (missed note + hold) + 12,000 (chords) + 12,000 (hold points) = 24,800.
    Actual value: 6000 (chords) + 6000 (holds) = 12,000.

Once again, this scenario doubles your point loss.

This must be where math is useful in the real world, just like my algebra teacher claimed. I think I just lost a 10-year-old $20 wager.

IV. Acquiring Star Power

Yay, star power. The little blue meter on the right. You must have half the bar to activate it, and each time you gain star power by playing a correct sequence, you get 1/4 of the bar. So, hitting two star power sequences will always give you enough to use it.

The only variable is star power sections that have holds, where you can whammy for extra power. Star power is gained at a rate of 3.****% of the meter per beat. This means the following:

Whammying for 7.5 beats will gain 1/4 of the star power meter
    Whammying for 15 beats will gain 1/2 of the star power meter
    Whammying for 30 beats will gain the entire star power meter

Note: In GH2's co-op mode, star power is acquired at a slower rate, as follows:
    Whammying for 10 beats will gain 1/4 of the star power meter
    Whammying for 20 beats will gain 1/2 of the star power meter
    Whammying for 40 beats will gain the entire star power meter

Note that this star power explained above is only what is gained from whammying and does not include the 1/4 meter that you can additionally gain from completing star power sequences.

The best example I can give is the opening note of Iron Man.

We've already established that this first note is just shy of 8 beats (and longer than 7.5 beats). Obviously, playing the note itself gives you that initial 1/4 of a meter for playing the "whole sequence" (1 note) correctly. This means (based on the rates above), you need to whammy an additional 7.5 beats to gain abother 1/4 meter to get up to half your bar. So if you begin whammying at the beginning of this note, you will reach 1/2 a meter just before the hold ends.

One more thing: it doesn't matter how fast you whammy. As long as you have it activated (ie: the note turns blue while you whammy), you're gaining star power at a constant speed (3.****% per beat).

V. Using Star Power

To use star power, tilt the guitar up or press the select button. Once you activate it, it runs for a specific amount of time before it expires, and doubles your current multiplier.

The amount of time it lasts is based on measures, and the amount of star power you have (duh).

A half filled star power meter lasts 4 measures.
    A completely filled star power meter lasts 8 measures.

Note: In GH2's co-op mode, star power does not last as long and the following rules apply:
    A half filled star power meter lasts 3 measures.
    A completely filled star power meter lasts 6 measures.

Note: This star power duration is based on measures, not beats. The number of beats that a star power will last is dependent on which time signature you're playing in (in another words, how many beats are in a measure).

I'll use two examples to illustrate.

1) Ziggy stardust (use the note chart to help you visualize). You can get a full star power bar built by the time the first flurry of chords come (I'm looking at hard or expert). If you activate star power exactly when the first Yellow+Orange chord sequence arrives, it will run out right when you return to the original G+Y chord. This is 8 measures long (32 beats because we're in 4/4 time, 4*8 = 32).

2) Iron Man. I choose this song because it changes tempo during the solo, and near the end. If you look at the note chart, you'll see that the lines become much closer together during those times. I tested by using star powers both during the normal tempo, and during the fast tempo. In both cases, the length was determined by the measures.

So, star power will run out faster (measured by seconds) during times where the tempo is faster. Similarly, in songs where the beat is always very fast (Callout, Breaking wheel), star power seems to vanish quickly.

3.) The Breaking Wheel. This song contains time signature changes, continuosly switching between 6/8 and 4/4, so this is a very important example in understanding how star power usage is determined. You can view the note chart, but it does not indicate the time signature changes. To see the changes you can play the song and count the number of thick lines between the huge ones. You'll notice it begins with 6 beats (thick lines) per measure and changes to 4 beats per measure, and the changes repeat several times. If you build up a entire star power meter (8 measures worth), and activate it with 3 measures of 6/8 remaining before it changes to 4/4 for at least 5 measures. Then the star power will still last exactly 8 measures, (3 in 6/8 = 18 beats) + (5 in 4/4 = 20 beats) = 38 beats. In this case, star power lasted 38 beats, but this could change depending where you use the star power.

So, in the above example, the star power meter actually drains slower in the 6/8 section and faster in the 4/4 section even though the tempo remains constant.

An important distinction:
    Acquiring star power by whammying is based on beats (doesn't care about time signature).
    The duration of star power is based on measures (dependent on time signature).
  7. 03-19-2020, 02:32 PM
    When I first joined Twin Galaxies years ago, some of the referees used to post announcements on accomplishments once their scores / times were verified. Kelly Flewin was the referee for the PS2 console and was fairly consistent with these types of forum posts. I remember a few announcements about Tanya's Guitar Hero scores.

Everyone who voted Yes for this dispute.. pat each other on the back.... er maybe pat yourselves on the back and keep your social distance. This score from Tanya and others were achieved on hard difficulty. Please click on the link for proof.

https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthr...21387-WR-NEWS-[PS2]-Tanya-Blatherwick

Name:  image.png
Views: 40
Size:  43.6 KB
    “The easiest way to solve a problem is to deny it exists”
    ~Isaac Asimov
    Thanks Pixe Sukola, JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes Pixe Sukola, JJT_Defender liked this post
  8. 03-19-2020, 03:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MyOwnWorstEnemy View Post
    When I first joined Twin Galaxies years ago, some of the referees used to post announcements on accomplishments once their scores / times were verified. Kelly Flewin was the referee for the PS2 console and was fairly consistent with these types of forum posts. I remember a few announcements about Tanya's Guitar Hero scores.

Everyone who voted Yes for this dispute.. pat each other on the back.... er maybe pat yourselves on the back and keep your social distance. This score from Tanya and others were achieved on hard difficulty. Please click on the link for proof.

https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthr...21387-WR-NEWS-[PS2]-Tanya-Blatherwick

Name:  image.png
Views: 40
Size:  43.6 KB
    pulling the exact info that we need from 12 years ago? Very impresive. Thanks a lot man.
    Daniel Ocampo
    Tomena Sanner
    Likes MyOwnWorstEnemy liked this post
  9. 03-21-2020, 01:52 PM
    Score has been moved to appropriate track (Hard Difficulty).
    @timmell your suggestion to combine tracks has been noted.

Thank you.
    Thanks Pixe Sukola thanked this post
  10. 03-21-2020, 01:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by TWIN GALAXIES View Post
    Score has been moved to appropriate track (Hard Difficulty).
    @timmell your suggestion to combine tracks has been noted.

Thank you.
    Thanks, how about all the other scores from the same player.? Are they going to be moved as well, or do they need to be disputed?
    Daniel Ocampo
    Tomena Sanner
    Thanks MyOwnWorstEnemy thanked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Join us