Arcade - Crazy Climber - Points [3 Lives To Start] - 502,700 - Brian Sperback

Is this Performance Claim Valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. Arcade - Crazy Climber - Points [3 Lives To Start] - 502,700 - Brian Sperback

03-30-2020, 01:36 PM
    vzaar-player

Additional Video Evidence:
    vzaar-player
    Points [3 Lives To Start]
    Score Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=711
    Rules
    Dip-Switch Bank:
    1-8 = OFF
    Note: The above Dip Switches, are not only the FACTORY DEFAULT settings, but are also the correct Twin Galaxies Tournament Settings for this title and will provide the following settings;
    3 Climbers
    Additional Climber @ 30,000 Points
    Submission Message
    I bought this crazy climber machine with a friend
    After he watched me play he said I should submit a score so here it is.

Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes timdavidson, JJT_Defender, Barra, HAN, RTM liked this post
  2. 03-30-2020, 03:36 PM
    Voting yes Congratulations Brian Sperback on your World Record & masterful expert game play and welcome to Twin Galaxy
    If this stands, this will be one of the oldest Twin Galaxy WR's ever broken 38 year,s impressive!
    Rank 1 Brian Sperback Date Submitted: 2020-03-30 Percent: 100.00% Verification Method: IN PROCESS Status: Vote
    Points 502,700
    Rank 2 Jim Wright Date Submitted: 1982-07-05 Percent: 96.91% Verification Method: Referee Status: Undisputed
    Points 487,150

Brian Sperback a question
    1.You do own the classic arcade game Crazy Climber, if you do can you please show the Hardware,CPU,ROM's dip switch game settings You can video record it and put it in the Additional video evidence on your thread.

Bonus man at 50k not 30k all good a ok is at 3:29 on the video Name:  image.png
Views: 333
Size:  340.5 KB
    Game starts at :13 on the video
    Final score is at 22:09 left on the video Name:  image.png
Views: 334
Size:  342.3 KBGame settings
    https://www.gamesdatabase.org/Media/...Nichibutsu.pdf
    Name:  image.png
Size:  349.3 KB
    JJTJohnnyLightning World #1 Racer on Arcade Game Fast & Furious Super Cars 1,803 Match Wins 49Cities
    Thanks datagod thanked this post
    Likes datagod liked this post
  3. 03-30-2020, 03:38 PM
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crazy_Climber here something interesting to note:
    The difficulty level of any game was modified to take into account the skill of previous players. Hence if a player pushed the high score up to 250,000 any novice player following would get thoroughly wiped out for several games due to the increased difficulty level and would have to play until it dropped back down.If the player completes all four skyscrapers, he is taken back to the first skyscraper and the game restarts from the beginning, but the player keeps his score.
    JJTJohnnyLightning World #1 Racer on Arcade Game Fast & Furious Super Cars 1,803 Match Wins 49Cities
    Thanks datagod thanked this post
  4. 03-30-2020, 06:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JJT_Defender View Post
    Voting yes Congratulations Brian Sperback on your World Record & masterful expert game play and welcome to Twin Galaxy
    If this stands, this will be one of the oldest Twin Galaxy WR's ever broken 38 year,s impressive!
    Rank 1 Brian Sperback Date Submitted: 2020-03-30 Percent: 100.00% Verification Method: IN PROCESS Status: Vote
    Points 502,700
    Rank 2 Jim Wright Date Submitted: 1982-07-05 Percent: 96.91% Verification Method: Referee Status: Undisputed
    Points 487,150

Brian Sperback a question
    1.You do own the classic arcade game Crazy Climber, if you do can you please show the Hardware,CPU,ROM's dip switch game settings You can video record it and put it in the Additional video evidence on your thread.

Bonus man at 50k not 30k all good a ok is at 3:29 on the video Name:  image.png
Views: 333
Size:  340.5 KB
    Game starts at :13 on the video
    Final score is at 22:09 left on the video Name:  image.png
Size:  342.3 KBGame settings
    https://www.gamesdatabase.org/Media/...Nichibutsu.pdf
    Name:  image.png
Size:  349.3 KB
    This is Tim Davidson, holder of the MAME Crazy Climber world record since 2008, and co-owner of the machine on which Brian recently achieved his amazing new world record, and I can vouch for both the fact that the machine is on the up-and-up, and Brian's superior skill set. I met Brian playing Crazy Climber at a Dinner Bell market in 1982, and he always was a better player than I was, always pushing himself to become a better player. I'm happy that he finally was able to beat the record.
    Thanks JJT_Defender, datagod thanked this post
  5. 03-30-2020, 08:21 PM
    That's an incredible score!

Is there a reason the right hand side of the building isn't visible during gameplay?
  6. 03-31-2020, 05:02 PM
    The camera is mounted on the machine itself, under the marquee, and during gameplay it shifted slightly, but Brian didn't realize it.
    Thanks Barra thanked this post
  7. 03-31-2020, 08:20 PM
    Outstanding !! Sweet little move at the 488,900 mark, BTW. And way cool that you finished loop 2 with an even 450K.

A very unforgiving title, the game really screwed you with those falling girders. Congrats for a massive score :)
  8. 03-31-2020, 08:35 PM
    It is generally good practice to show the game hardware. In the case of arcade games, showing the game pcb is customary. Plus some of us just like seeing the tech, especially a classic title that you dont see i the wild very often. :)
    Matthew 21:22

Street Fighter (15th) Anniversary Collection: Hyper Street Fighter II World Champion (PS2)

My current collection: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKzvF3dRPsw
    Likes Garrett Holland, nurtuo liked this post
  9. 03-31-2020, 09:42 PM
    Voted Yes all good.

Some really lovely moves there.

It is a hell of tricky game, well done.

If you could put some pictures up of the Cab and the PCB that would be great.

Nice Work.
    Prepare to Qualify.
    Likes YesAffinity liked this post
  10. 04-02-2020, 09:13 AM
    i would strongly encourage uploading a second video showing the board. Iunderstand this sounds silly, but its only a silly way to deal with cheaters, its however been done quite a few times that showing the board after the fact is an acceptable path for good faith efforts.
    Lode Runner Champion
    Thanks JJT_Defender, datagod thanked this post
    Likes nurtuo, datagod, YesAffinity liked this post
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Join us