Super Mario Brothers on "Pawn Stars"

1. Super Mario Brothers on "Pawn Stars"

04-03-2020, 08:05 PM
    Just saw the episode where someone tried to sell a "sticker-sealed" cartridge of "Super Mario Brothers" for the NES system for an eye-popping one million dollars.

No sale, not even an offer, happened. But that asking price...outrageous. Within the episode, a sniplet of which can be seen in the link below, the "grading service" itself said that the cartridge owner had turned down offers of $300K. If he did so then the man is just insane.

Basically what he has is a near-mint-in-box item, and the grading service admitted that perhaps 10,000 units like this were released of which this graded thus far the best.

I am VERY familiar with grading services as I have been an active PSA member, submitter and seller for 15 years now, and to a lesser extent with both SGC and Beckett. Any reputable grading service would never give a dollar value...all they could do is report prior actual sales otherwise their personal valuation would be definitively biased.

I can understand the valuation of special carts such as the NES competition carts (2 diffent types) and rarer releases in pristine condition...but this title is certainly not pristine, nor is it rare...even in that condition. It's "population" in the grading service is merely based on how many people submitted one for grading. To that end, PSA, SGC, Beckett and other grading services each have their own populations of certain high-profile sports cards, so a "low population" from one service is not indicative of the true population in that grade, just as how the TG scoreboard does not nor has ever truly reflected all the best scores accomplished on any given title...only those submitted to and verified by TG.

The owner can keep asking for his million dollars...he'll likely meet his maker before he completes a sale at that price !!

https://gamefreaks365.com/collector-...on-pawn-stars/
    Likes datagod, Johnny Bloor liked this post
  2. 04-03-2020, 08:07 PM
    I should add...he's not merely insane, he's also insanely greedy !!
    Likes datagod liked this post
  3. 04-03-2020, 08:18 PM
    did you see the episode of pawn stars with @Marcade as a guest?
    Lode Runner Champion
    Thanks datagod thanked this post
  4. 04-04-2020, 12:35 PM
    Nope...ever since I learned of the truth about this "reality" show my interest level waned severely so I only watch on a rare occasion. Dang shame as I used to like this show a lot when it was first airing.

Same for "American Pickers".

The last truly "reality" TV show in my opinion was "The Battle of the Network Stars" which aired several times during the 1970's...also "Dean Martin Celebrity Roasts" which never seemed to be fixed to me.
    Likes datagod liked this post
  5. 04-04-2020, 03:53 PM
    It is crazy the amount of money people are willing to pay for unplayable items. Life is to short in my opinon. I buy things I can use and have fun with.
    Your friend, datagod

~~Raspberry Pi Enthusiast~~
  6. 04-04-2020, 04:16 PM
    think of how many people watch that show. I bet @Marcade is now the TG member to have been seen in the most homes. Damn hes smooth

https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...ba&oe=5EAF7039
    Likes Marcade liked this post
  7. 04-10-2020, 12:21 AM
    huh i should add!
    nowadays i watch all i can find :D
  8. 07-22-2020, 01:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    think of how many people watch that show. I bet @Marcade is now the TG member to have been seen in the most homes. Damn hes smooth

https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...ba&oe=5EAF7039
    This is crazy why paying for useless?
  9. 07-22-2020, 08:32 PM
    If you need to scratch your pawn store itch, try Craigslist Hunter on YouTube:
    https://www.youtube.com/c/CraigslistHunter/videos

He owns a real pawn store. No Hollywood crews and plot twists here, just daily grind of a man trying to make his small business succeed. You can also learn something, if you are interested in selling stuff online. He's been around for quite a while, so there are plenty of videos to watch. On top of that there is a cat and a parrot. How can you say no to that ;).
    I'm sure he could use some of that exposure, as all the spotlight steal videos from Pawn Stars and similar.
  10. 08-04-2020, 01:02 AM
    If you like history and sports, check out this one of a kind item that this pawn store YouTuber has:

Wow!
    Note: I don't know him and never talked to him as well. This is just an interesting story, if you are bored at home.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Join us