Atari 2600 / VCS - Berzerk - NTSC - Game 1 (Points) - 1,111,200 - Garrett Holland

Is this Performance Claim Valid?

    This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. Atari 2600 / VCS - Berzerk - NTSC - Game 1 (Points) - 1,111,200 - Garrett Holland

    04-29-2020, 07:45 PM
    vzaar-player


    NTSC - Game 1 (Points)
    Score Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=738
    Rules
    Difficulty switches are not used in this game and can therefore be set to either A or B position.
    Any other settings should remain default upon boot-up.
    Submission Message
    00:00:10 Cart demo
    00:00:21 Console demo
    00:02:32 Power cycle
    00:02:33 Start of run
    11:12:49 Rollover @ 1,000,000
    12:14:05 Suicides begin
    12:18:59 End of run and final score of 1,111,200 shown
    12:19:39 diff sw demo (irrelevamt)
    Screenshot just before rollover



    Final Score Screenshot


    Thanks LFS, nads, evan04, JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes Pixe Sukola, nads, evan04, LFS, GregDeg and 4 others liked this post
  2. 04-29-2020, 11:50 PM
    More than 12 hours of gameplay, that’s CRAZY - especially when the game is as simple as this one. Lots of determination and pure focus from your side!!!

    Accepted!
    Thanks Garrett Holland thanked this post
    Likes Garrett Holland liked this post
  3. 04-30-2020, 02:01 AM
    You are INSANE!!!

    12hrs!!

    WOW!!
    Thanks Garrett Holland thanked this post
    Likes Garrett Holland liked this post
  4. 04-30-2020, 02:10 AM
    Ive just been skipping through this, but doesn't this game have the potential to crash?

    Did you have to continue to be moving the whole time?
    Thanks Garrett Holland thanked this post
    Likes Garrett Holland liked this post
  5. 04-30-2020, 02:43 AM
    Fantastic game!
    Accepted!
    Thanks Garrett Holland thanked this post
    Likes Garrett Holland liked this post
  6. 04-30-2020, 06:52 AM
    Having my morning coffee while watching Garrett dismantle yet another cart.....yep, all seems good and normal in the world today LOL! Hoping to get through the rest throughout the day, absolutely amazing skills and stamina from what I watched so far!!
    Thanks Garrett Holland, Rogerpoco thanked this post
    Likes Garrett Holland, Rogerpoco, nads liked this post
  7. 04-30-2020, 06:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by nads View Post
    Ive just been skipping through this, but doesn't this game have the potential to crash?

    Did you have to continue to be moving the whole time?
    I did a deep dive into the Berzerk assembly and did a few Stella tests before I began this run. The answer to your question is "not necessarily".

    Every 256th frame, the assembly polls the system for joystick directional input. If on that specific frame there is, all is well. If not, the attract mode countdown ticks up a notch. When that gets to 256, game over. So, I developed methods to nearly eliminate that risk (which are quite evident throughout the video). I also had to plan for being really freakin' bored, so I got acclimated to using the controller with one hand for an extended period of time. This let me check my phone, read email, check TG LOL!, eat, drink, etc., all while "playing" ... well ... all while killing lives off to avoid the 128 life limit issue which I had to do a few times.

    It was a project, for sure.
    Thanks LFS, nads thanked this post
    Likes nads liked this post
  8. 04-30-2020, 07:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat Larocque View Post
    Having my morning coffee while watching Garrett dismantle yet another cart.....yep, all seems good and normal in the world today LOL! Hoping to get through the rest throughout the day, absolutely amazing skills and stamina from what I watched so far!!
    I'm watching this now, crazy score!!!

    Off topic(Sorry, Garrett)...
    Lol, you've mentioned the coffee a couple times now-
    I can't get by w/o it in the mornings, no question, but oddly, I have never developed any form of preferences, whatsoever.
    Now, I don't think I am terribly "picky", but I am very compulsive and habitual, I tend to do things "the same" every time, and have routines and such.
    One brand of beer, one brand of cigs, one brand of soda, anything else is intolerable. Toilet paper, even. :D
    Dunno why I never "decided", but coffee is coffee...
    (It's not, I know.)
    :D
    So they say
    Dance for me, dance for me, dance for me, oh, oh, oh
    Thanks Pat Larocque, Garrett Holland thanked this post
    Likes Pat Larocque, Garrett Holland, nads liked this post
  9. 04-30-2020, 07:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogerpoco View Post
    I'm watching this now, crazy score!!!

    Off topic(Sorry, Garrett)...
    Lol, you've mentioned the coffee a couple times now-
    I can't get by w/o it in the mornings, no question, but oddly, I have never developed any form of preferences, whatsoever.
    Now, I don't think I am terribly "picky", but I am very compulsive and habitual, I tend to do things "the same" every time, and have routines and such.
    One brand of beer, one brand of cigs, one brand of soda, anything else is intolerable. Toilet paper, even. :D
    Dunno why I never "decided", but coffee is coffee...
    (It's not, I know.)
    :D
    I'm the SAME. DAMNED. WAY. LOL!!! I *require* coffee. I'm pretty sure I would die a horrible death without it ... haven't tested that theory, but my confidence level is high. The coffee can be ANY coffee other than Cuckbucks coffee. Heck ... it can be Folgers, Maxwell, 7-Eleven, Dunkin' Donuts, etc., and although I can tell the difference between them, they all serve my purpose equally. On the other hand, my smokes *must* be one brand, must be 100s, and must be in box rather than soft pack ... same thing with soda ... only one flavor does the trick for me. LOL!
    Thanks Pat Larocque, Rogerpoco thanked this post
    Likes Pat Larocque, Rogerpoco, nads liked this post
  10. 04-30-2020, 07:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett Holland View Post
    I'm the SAME. DAMNED. WAY. LOL!!! I *require* coffee. I'm pretty sure I would die a horrible death without it ... haven't tested that theory, but my confidence level is high. The coffee can be ANY coffee other than Cuckbucks coffee. Heck ... it can be Folgers, Maxwell, 7-Eleven, Dunkin' Donuts, etc., and although I can tell the difference between them, they all serve my purpose equally. On the other hand, my smokes *must* be one brand, must be 100s, and must be in box rather than soft pack ... same thing with soda ... only one flavor does the trick for me. LOL!
    When I'm off the road, I tend to stick to a certain brand when it comes to smokes and most other things. Unfortunately whenever I'm stuck on the tour buses and travelling, I have to 'make do' with whatever is available....when it comes to coffee in the morning though, the only preference is 'a lot' and absolutely no Cuckbucks LOL!!
    Thanks Garrett Holland thanked this post
    Likes Garrett Holland, nads liked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Join us