This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. Arcadia 2001 Emerson - Crazy Gobbler - Points - 32,410 - Jason Bennett

04-29-2020, 08:07 PM
    vzaar-player

https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=209487
    Rank
    Rules
    Default settings of three lives to start.

Submission Message
    Run recorded on 29 April 2020.
    Final score 32,410
    Thanks for watching!
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arcadia_2001

2. 04-29-2020, 08:12 PM
    Forgot to add that the submitted score run begins at 6:26!
    Thanks Evan thanked this post
  3. 04-29-2020, 08:28 PM
    Interesting system! Thank you for the demo! I've never even heard of it before today. Doesn't look too bad!

Voting yes. Score confirmed.
    Thanks The Evener thanked this post
    Likes The Evener liked this post
  4. 04-29-2020, 09:49 PM
    Here I thought the TI 99/4A submission were a rarity! Nice run!

This system didn't have much of a shelf life, unfortunately, but I recall when it was out. (I'm dating myself, but being able to view such systems work in present day is a real treat.)
  5. 04-29-2020, 11:33 PM
    Phjilips Semiconductor wanted to show off their Signetics CPU division and produced a number of prototypes. One of those prototypes was picked up and produced the Audiosonic 1232 Programmable Video System and the same hardware was released by a multitude of different companies with different names. Later, Emerson produced the Arcadia 2001 with almost identical hardware and the same process began - Emerson seem to have licensed to Bandai for the Bandai Arcadia but there's little evidence to show if the other manufacturers produced their consoles licensed from Emerson or from Philips. Anyway, I've got a Schmidt TVG-2000 version and a multi-cart (only one original game). I've never yet tested it due to some RL events meant boxing up a bunch of stuff. :(

Accepted. :D
    Lots of 1sts to be surpassed: what are you waiting for? Play the game, submit the score...
  6. 04-30-2020, 05:59 AM
    Thanks for watching everyone! I've had the system since the 1994 I think (most likely got it at a Value Village - still had the green price tag with "$14.99" written on it until a couple of days ago) but it lived in storage boxes for about another 10 or 15 years, and then when I pulled it out, I discovered that the controller wasn't hitting all directions. I cleaned them and so far, so good.

Thanks for the added history, Barthax, the program development of this system was always a bit foggy to me. Hope you can unbox your TVG-2000 in the not too distant future!
    Thanks Barthax thanked this post
    Likes Barthax liked this post
Join us