Turbo CD - Forgotten Worlds - Points - 468,300 - Brian Lesyk

Is this Performance Claim Valid?

You have no permission to view/vote this poll.
You may not vote on this poll
  1. 10-13-2020, 03:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    not that I’ll fight it super hard. If others are cool with it then fine but just in case my other comments were misread I do maintain I have an issue with this it’s just that I also want the best possible outcome for the good faith submission
    That's okay ... *I* will fight it super hard if it is ultimately discovered that this submission doesn't belong on this track/platform. Submissions should be categorized correctly. I just don't know enough (or literally anything, tbh) about either system to decide if it does or doesn't belong on this platform. But if it winds up that this *doesn't* belong on this track/platform, then TG should create whatever needs to be created in order for there to be an appropriate place to submit this, and let everyone know so this submitter can do what he needs to do to resubmit, imho.
    Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes JJT_Defender liked this post
  2. 10-13-2020, 03:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jace Hall View Post
    From what I can read here, it seems that a platform called, PC ENGINE CD, needs to be created?

Correct?

And then this score moved there?
    @sdwyer138 , @starsoldier1 , @Fly, thoughts?
    Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
  3. 10-13-2020, 03:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett Holland View Post
    @sdwyer138, @starsoldier1, @Fly, thoughts?
    I believe that would solve the problem with this particular submission, yes.
    Thanks Garrett Holland thanked this post
  4. 10-13-2020, 04:25 PM
    Until then we can add to the PC Engine section till a CD section is included.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett Holland View Post
    @sdwyer138, @starsoldier1, @Fly, thoughts?
    -Ohya, baby! I'm the first ever dude on the planet to get a documented PERFECT score on Bonk's Adventure!
    I also have a high score on Alfred Chicken.... yeah, not as good.
    http://videogames101.com
    or http://www.youtube.com/user/starsoldier1
  5. 10-14-2020, 02:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jace Hall View Post
    From what I can read here, it seems that a platform called, PC ENGINE CD, needs to be created?

Correct?

And then this score moved there?
    Here's what I remember about these systems. TG-16 and PC-Engine are the same system on the inside spec wise. The cards just need a simple converter to run the other regions Hu-Card. The Turbo CD and Super CD are add ons to the TG-16 like the Famicom has the FDS system. Don't we already have NES/Famicom/FDS combined? Wouldn't it make sense to combine TG-16/PC-Engine/CD/Super CD? The discs will play in either system without mods or converters. It's just the Hu-Cards that require a converter due to the pins being aligned differently.

This is off memory from the 90's. Hopefully I remembered correctly. And I hope this info helps rather than create more questions.

Fly
    If you need me, I'll be on the 7th floor. No Mames. No steering wheels.
    Thanks JJT_Defender, Garrett Holland thanked this post
    Likes JJT_Defender, HAN liked this post
  6. 10-14-2020, 07:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fly View Post
    Here's what I remember about these systems. TG-16 and PC-Engine are the same system on the inside spec wise. The cards just need a simple converter to run the other regions Hu-Card. The Turbo CD and Super CD are add ons to the TG-16 like the Famicom has the FDS system. Don't we already have NES/Famicom/FDS combined? Wouldn't it make sense to combine TG-16/PC-Engine/CD/Super CD? The discs will play in either system without mods or converters. It's just the Hu-Cards that require a converter due to the pins being aligned differently.

This is off memory from the 90's. Hopefully I remembered correctly. And I hope this info helps rather than create more questions.

Fly
    https://ultimatepopculture.fandom.co.../TurboGrafx-16 - " most U.S. conversions had the difficulty level reduced,"

This is my understanding as to why they are separate platforms.
  7. 10-21-2020, 11:33 AM
    Im saying yes to the score on this amazing pc engine CD shmup, really appreciate to see those arcade ports getting more love here, however, this should be specific to the PC engine CD due to the japanese rom on the game, not the region HW console.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Join us