Pooyan forum differences and TG submissions

1. 05-18-2020, 04:14 PM
    Interesting. It looks almost certain then that konami and stern versions are mixed on the current leaderbaord. And there is obvious advantages to playing on konami. Even though it does turn out the board I bought was stern, I would still be happy to contribute towards a konami arcade scoreboard for TG. Though still unsure what moderators would do with scores where it is unknown if stern or konami was used (including the world record).

Hopefully this could be done for other tracks to in the future. Galaxian currently mixes new and old gameplay versions, despite mame separating these two sets.
  2. 05-18-2020, 05:23 PM
    Great to hear you got a Stern after all! In terms of separating Konami from Stern on the Stern track, without supporting evidence it won't be possible to sift the scores in any meaningful way. When TG started tracking this title in 1982, submitters weren't asked to confirm Stern or Konami and given the hundred of titles that TG tracked I doubt there was any awareness about the possible differences.
  3. 05-18-2020, 09:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by The Evener View Post
    Great to hear you got a Stern after all! In terms of separating Konami from Stern on the Stern track, without supporting evidence it won't be possible to sift the scores in any meaningful way. When TG started tracking this title in 1982, submitters weren't asked to confirm Stern or Konami and given the hundred of titles that TG tracked I doubt there was any awareness about the possible differences.
    Why then not just adjust the rules to allow for both Konami and Stern PCB for submissions on the same track?
    It will simplify the matter that mixed scores were submitted and allowed in the past.
    This will allow for Pooyan players from other countries to compete on the same track if they do not have a Stern.

@Jace @TG - Your view?
    streaming mspacman normal and turbo speed at: https://www.twitch.tv/francoisadt

Francois du Toit
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Join us