Searching for arcade games replay files (inp, recinput..)

1. [solved]Searching for arcade games replay files (inp, recinput..)

05-14-2020, 11:07 PM
    Hello!

Unsuccessfully until now, I look for a link or download files allowing to see the replay of arcade games on emulator (INP for mame, recinput for winkawaks etc..) whatever the emulator used or if it's speedrunning or normal play, it's not important. I searched on speedrun.com, arcade forum, Jammaplay, shmup.com etc...nobody share theses kind of files look like.

Did anyone can help me about that ?

Thank you for your help!
    Last edited by Elriks; 05-15-2020 at 01:10 AM.
  2. 05-14-2020, 11:23 PM
    It's easy. To playback an INP, for example, of a Dig Dug run done using the "digdug" rom set on WolfMAME 1.06, download WolfMAME, 1.06, rename the INP from whatever it is if you want to to "digdug.inp", and copy it to the INP folder, open a DOS shell, CD to the wolf mame 1.06 directory, make sure the Dig Dug ROM is in the ROM folder of your newly created WolfMAME 1.06 directory tree, and type "playback digdug digdug" and press enter. There ya go ;)

I have no idea how other emulators do it though.
    Last edited by Garrett Holland; 05-14-2020 at 11:25 PM.
  3. 05-14-2020, 11:37 PM
    Sorry i'm French and my english is so-so so my question must have been probably poorly explained (which led to confusion)

I'm going to summarize my request simply :
    I'm looking for INP files database (download them), not how to use them.

Thank you!
  4. 05-14-2020, 11:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriks View Post
    Sorry i'm French and my english is so-so so my question must have been probably poorly explained (which led to confusion)

I'm going to summarize my request simply :
    I'm looking for INP files database (download them), not how to use them. If, for example, you're simply looking for playback files (i.e. INP) to watch and vote on here at TG, just download the attached INP file that should be in every MAME submission.

Thank you!
    I see. And what kind of data would you be looking for that would be listed in such an "INP file database"?
  5. 05-14-2020, 11:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett Holland View Post
    I see. And what kind of data would you be looking for that would be listed in such an "INP file database"?
    Only watch the games play on the emulator directly rather than through a video. I don't need specific data information, just the inp files.
    Thanks for your answer

Edit: found it - http://replay.marpirc.net/
    Last edited by Elriks; 05-15-2020 at 01:10 AM.
Join us