3 Ships to start?

1. 3 Ships to start?

05-15-2020, 07:44 PM
    Hello, I would like more clarification of what the "3 Ships to Start" rule means. Does it mean that once you loose all three of your lives that the run is over? Also, if it's a game that you can earn extra lives/ships, are you not allowed to use them during a run even though it's not listed in the track rules? I've been noticing that for some games.
    youtube.com/user/JohnDaGamer64
  2. 05-15-2020, 10:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by John William White Jr View Post
    Hello, I would like more clarification of what the "3 Ships to Start" rule means. Does it mean that once you loose all three of your lives that the run is over? Also, if it's a game that you can earn extra lives/ships, are you not allowed to use them during a run even though it's not listed in the track rules? I've been noticing that for some games.
    i would want to see the particular track youre speaking of before commiting myself to an answer, but usually "to start" means just that, at start. so its talking about settings, how many lives you start with and if you earn more lives you may use them

contrast that to games that say "5 lives total" and usually explilcty say when you lose the 5th life your attempt is over

now again, i'd want to see the specific track, theres always gonna be exceptions to the rule, but in general thats how i'd interpret it.
    If you have enjoyed this comment please consider clicking the "like" button
    Thanks John William White Jr thanked this post
    Likes John William White Jr liked this post
  3. 05-15-2020, 11:48 PM
    youtube.com/user/JohnDaGamer64
  4. 05-16-2020, 05:03 AM
    Since the track rules don't specifically prohibit the use of extra lives, anything that is earned "in game" at Normal settings would be permitted for this title. If there are tracks worded in a similar way to this one that the community has determined don't permit the use of extra lives, those track rules should be updated to put it in writing.
    Last edited by The Evener; 05-16-2020 at 05:05 AM.
    Thanks John William White Jr thanked this post
    Likes John William White Jr liked this post
Join us