Whats your favorite "adult only" game?

1. Whats your favorite "adult only" game?

05-17-2020, 07:34 PM
    For me, i feel "translations" never work. in art, translating from one language to another can hurt alot of subtle messages. but even "translating" from book to videogame, or video game to movie, you can lose alot. Most video games based on gimmicks like that dont work with a few exceptions. So i hate most games appealing to "adult" content cause it doesnt work. in fact dream cast dead or alive is the only gave i ever returned i was disappointed. i even preordered and returned the preorder poster.

however through all that, i gotta say, bubble bath babes for nes is pretty good. any other acceptable ones?
    If you have enjoyed this comment please consider clicking the "like" button
  2. 05-17-2020, 08:44 PM
    Leisure Suit Larry, the first one, when it was first released.
    Likes Snowflake, MyOwnWorstEnemy liked this post
  3. 05-18-2020, 05:50 AM
    My favorite is "Special Purpose" released in 1979.
    Its like you are on a ride.

Likes Rogerpoco liked this post
  4. 05-18-2020, 06:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett Holland View Post
    Leisure Suit Larry, the first one, when it was first released.
    LSL is great. I've played through the first 4 games and really enjoyed them. But I'm also a big fan in general of the Sierra adventure games from that time.

Bubble Bath Babes is a legit puzzle game.

The most ridiculous one I have played I think was called "Sextris". Wherein the falling pieces were people in different positions, and you had to match and stack them so they would "fit", which would then clear those pieces from the play field.
    Likes Snowflake, Marcade liked this post
  5. 05-18-2020, 06:40 AM
    I have limited experience, have never frequented bars, and can't give a "Game name" to accompany my suggestion, but the bartop games that are kinda like Qix, where you are trying to fill in a percentage of the screen to see a (dirty) picture are sometimes pretty fun.
    I don't think the concept really fits "Adult game", more like a game that was modified for Adults to enjoy, I think that gameplay style is in non-adult games as well, but those were always kinda interesting.
    So they say
    Dance for me, dance for me, dance for me, oh, oh, oh
    Likes Snowflake, Marcade liked this post
  6. 05-18-2020, 07:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogerpoco View Post
    I have limited experience, have never frequented bars, and can't give a "Game name" to accompany my suggestion, but the bartop games that are kinda like Qix, where you are trying to fill in a percentage of the screen to see a (dirty) picture are sometimes pretty fun.
    I don't think the concept really fits "Adult game", more like a game that was modified for Adults to enjoy, I think that gameplay style is in non-adult games as well, but those were always kinda interesting.
    i think alot of adults themes are really just background stuff, end scenes, or just a reskinning.

bubble bath babes just has girls in a bubble bath for the background and has nothing to do with the gameplay
    bachelor and bachelorette party is just breakout rotated and simplified
    beat 'em and eat 'em is just a reskinned kaboom
    the only leisure suit larry demo i played was a strip poker which was a legit poker game that just had an ending/reward scene of adult content

the qix game you mention i vagule recall, i think its a neo geo one.

even games specifically designed with adult only in mind (and i do think thats rare, most of them are more like above) such as lover boy could be reskinned as a cat chasing mice and escaping dogs as opposed to a criinal escaping cops and chasing women.

if you think about it, they're all just gimmicks. which is also why so many of them either suck, cause they just rely on the gimmick, or are clones of good games at which point i'd rather play the original. so you're example is actually a pretty good representative of what they all really are when you get right down to it
    If you have enjoyed this comment please consider clicking the "like" button
    Thanks Rogerpoco thanked this post
    Likes Rogerpoco, Marcade liked this post
  7. 05-20-2020, 06:41 PM
    My favorite Adult Only game is: get a job and raise a family
    $$$ Not a shareholder - Maybe $$$
    Creator of Arcade Retro Clock

Likes SincerelyFranny, Foot0fGod liked this post
  8. 05-20-2020, 07:27 PM
    @datagod Ppshhh, sounds boring. Hookers and blow is a lot more fun.
    Likes Marcade liked this post
  9. 05-20-2020, 08:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogerpoco View Post

That game is called Gal Panic. There are a number of them I believe?

They had it at the arcade that I frequented. Content aside, It's actually pretty fun game.
    Thanks Rogerpoco thanked this post
    Likes Marcade, Rogerpoco, datagod liked this post
  10. 05-20-2020, 10:41 PM
    Leisure Suit Larry: Love for Sail!, it's a pity it was so brief.
    Likes datagod liked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Join us