Sega Genesis / Sega Mega Drive - Virtua Racing - PAL - Beginner Course (Big Forest) - Fastest Lap - 37.8 - Terence O'Neill

Is this Performance Claim Valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. Sega Genesis / Sega Mega Drive - Virtua Racing - PAL - Beginner Course (Big Forest) - Fastest Lap - 37.8 - Terence O'Neill

05-17-2020, 08:03 PM
    vzaar-player

PAL - Beginner Course (Big Forest) - Fastest Lap
    Score Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=210167
    Rules

Level: Normal. Automatic or Manual transmission. Any controller configuration. Any number of Laps. Fastest Lap time may come from Virtua Racing mode, or Free Run mode.

Submission Message
    Settings at 00:27 , Lap at 40:57

I'd like to get it a little lower. Probably be back at it tomorrow!

Thanks for watching

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
  2. 05-17-2020, 08:51 PM
    VOTING YES. Lap time and track is good!
    Thanks RaGe thanked this post
    Likes RaGe, evan04 liked this post
  3. 05-18-2020, 02:23 AM
    Well played. Accepted
    Likes RaGe liked this post
  4. 05-18-2020, 02:36 AM
    Impressive performance.
  5. 05-18-2020, 06:35 AM
    Haha-still watching this, I'm sure it's good...

Wife just came in my room to ask me why I was vaccuming so early...
    I guess that engine sounds just like my room-vac...
    :D
    So they say
    Dance for me, dance for me, dance for me, oh, oh, oh
  6. 05-18-2020, 07:07 AM
    Voting yes congratulations Terence a WR
    I know that this a PAL Mega Drive 16 bit Terence and Roger. Also, did check on the TV's but it is nice to see 50hrz and PAL on either the TV or console system like on the Xbox 360 shows it. It would be nice if it would show the 50hrz PAL on the TV or like on the Everdrive that shows the region PAL or NTSC & Game console system information that is being used.
    Noted
    1. One thing I can say is that the NTSC race times will always be faster that PAL race times, especially on long races like 2 minutes to 10 minutes, the differences are really distinct and pronounce then. I have tested 100s of times,on different console systems. Excellent racing as always Terence O'Neil another WR.

Lap at 40:57
    Final time is at 41:33 on the video
    Game settings Name:  image.png
Views: 15
Size:  583.0 KBName:  image.png
Size:  550.9 KBName:  image.png
Size:  474.6 KB
    JJTJohnnyLightning World #1 Racer on Arcade Game Fast & Furious Super Cars 1,803 Match Wins 49Cities
  7. 05-18-2020, 08:58 AM
    Not necessarily true JJT.

Whilst for consoles within later generations (such as N64 and GameCube) your statement is true, but that is not so for the old consoles like Mega Drive. In later generations, for PAL the gameplay was slower but timers and other menu's placed within a layer above/in front of the core gameplay would actually function within an unaltered timing. This is up until the 360/PS3/Wii generation when most games from that point onwards were ALL 60hz regardless of region.

However with consoles like Mega Drive/SNES (and those older) where all the graphics were entirely made of pixels within a single graphical layer, this means that (on PAL) absolutely everything is slowed down, even the timer, therefore you're wrong in that NTSC times will always be faster than PAL. It's why, when I play Super Monaco GP on Mega Drive, I am able to compare and compete against times set on the Genesis version.

In regards to this submission, we are clearly shown it's played on a Mega Drive, and by comparing the performance against gameplay of the NTSC version, we identify that this is running at the slower speed of PAL, this is good enough proof and doesn't require for an icon of any kind to pop up in the corner of the TV, and finally we see this is an awesome performance with a great time.

Accepted!
  8. 05-18-2020, 10:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JJT_Defender View Post
    It would be nice if it would show the 50hrz PAL on the TV
    It does, for a split second. I can't get it to stay onscreen any longer. But forget all that--I show that it says "Mega Drive" on the console at the beginning of the video. The Genesis...doesn't have that on it ;) Consoles that have a visual difference between regions, like this one, don't need anything else to be shown, in my opinion. Am I taking the shell from a PAL console and putting my NTSC inside?..........Come on.
    Likes StarkillerShane liked this post
  9. 05-18-2020, 06:28 PM
    voting YES
Join us