NES / FAMICOM / DISK - The Addams Family - NTSC - Points - 1,054,500 - Steven Lynn

Is this Performance Claim Valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. NES / FAMICOM / DISK - The Addams Family - NTSC - Points - 1,054,500 - Steven Lynn

05-20-2020, 03:36 AM
    vzaar-player

NTSC - Points
    Score Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=869
    Rules
    Factory Default
    Special Rules: None
    Submission Message
    Powerpak
    Original Front Loader
    Hauppage HD PVR 2 Gaming Editon

There are no invincibility frames in this game. That means if you touch something it will get damaging you every frame until you move away from it. This makes it really easy to die in this game. You can see what I mean in the water section while I was trying to get into the doorway with the squid. Really fun game though but has almost no replay ability.

Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes JJT_Defender liked this post
  2. 05-20-2020, 05:36 AM
    Voting yes A WR StevenClick image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	41 
Size:	172.5 KB 
ID:	109859 Game starts at :31 on the video
    Final score is at 37:02 on the video Click image for larger version. 

Views:	46 
Size:	915.8 KB 
ID:	109862
    Game settings Click image for larger version. 

Views:	43 
Size:	532.5 KB 
ID:	109861Click image for larger version. 

Views:	47 
Size:	958.4 KB 
ID:	109860
    JJTJohnnyLightning World #1 Racer on Arcade Game Fast & Furious Super Cars 1,803 Match Wins 49Cities
  3. 05-20-2020, 09:50 PM
    At the 10:48 mark, your last life is lost and "continue" is selected. Hitting continue maintains the score (which is rare), but I can't recall an nes score being accepted when a continue is used. I'm not sure I see anything here that would indicate that this game would be an exception. Would like to hear others' thoughts on this as well.
    Thanks JJT_Defender, Snowflake thanked this post
  4. 05-21-2020, 12:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogart View Post
    At the 10:48 mark, your last life is lost and "continue" is selected. Hitting continue maintains the score (which is rare), but I can't recall an nes score being accepted when a continue is used. I'm not sure I see anything here that would indicate that this game would be an exception. Would like to hear others' thoughts on this as well.
    I'll have to agree on this one, using continues is not allowed as a general rule unless the track rules state otherwise:

''The use of cheat codes, cheat devices, in-game codes and continues are disallowed as a general rule. The only exceptions to this rule are: Any game track/variation that explicitly overrides this general rule with its own rules governing the matter within its specific listed rule set.''

Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
  5. 05-21-2020, 12:07 AM
    Voting No, continue is used 2 times on this performance.
    Thanks JJT_Defender, Luigi Ruffolo thanked this post
    Likes JJT_Defender, datagod liked this post
  6. 05-21-2020, 01:21 AM
    Voting No
    Nice catch Bogart yes it is at 10:48 on the video he press start to continue.
    Steven Lynn Twin Galaxies does not allow continues. I am sure you can finish the game without continues.
    I played this game i did without continues.
    Click image for larger version. 

Views:	30 
Size:	670.8 KB 
ID:	109969Click image for larger version. 

Views:	27 
Size:	347.4 KB 
ID:	109968Click image for larger version. 

Views:	30 
Size:	770.3 KB 
ID:	109967

JJTJohnnyLightning World #1 Racer on Arcade Game Fast & Furious Super Cars 1,803 Match Wins 49Cities
  7. 05-21-2020, 05:27 AM
    You could resubmit with the score found before continue - 428100 I think. That said, I want to try some more digging into the existing scores. The WR dates from 1992 and was published in EGM. There were no rules around submission except to include a photo for game of the month contests.
  8. 05-21-2020, 08:33 AM
    well they do get accepted, because as you see plenty of mass voters just skip to the end and dont watch the video. Wait for it, there will be mass of disputes on 5 life only tracks and continue tracks, and anything else where just skipping to the end to verify score doesnt cut it. And when that day comes the cry babying over last credibillity wlil go on for days.

So thank you for your hard work, unfortunatley those of us who take our time to catch things cant keep up with the blindvoters who push things through before we have a chance to review it
    If you have enjoyed this comment please consider clicking the "like" button
    Thanks Bogart thanked this post
    Likes Marcade liked this post
  9. 05-21-2020, 08:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    well they do get accepted, because as you see plenty of mass voters just skip to the end and dont watch the video. Wait for it, there will be mass of disputes on 5 life only tracks and continue tracks, and anything else where just skipping to the end to verify score doesnt cut it. And when that day comes the cry babying over last credibillity wlil go on for days.

So thank you for your hard work, unfortunatley those of us who take our time to catch things cant keep up with the blindvoters who push things through before we have a chance to review it
    Not only a "blind voter", but also a well known "deaf voter", who continues to spam posts with meaningless mass quantity of pics that dont matter, after just being warned by admin (yet again), less than 12 hours ago.

No worries, he always has his LIKES/THANKS spam for him to still work on.
    Likes Snowflake liked this post
  10. 05-21-2020, 08:46 AM
    Voting no, as continues are not allowed. Please try again, really looking forward to seeing this with no continues.
    $$$ Not a shareholder - Maybe $$$
    Creator of Arcade Retro Clock

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Join us