Dispute: Garrett Holland - Nintendo Wii - Guitar Hero Metallica - NTSC - System of a Down - "Toxicity" - Guitar - Easy - 1 Player [Points] - Player: Melissa Leigh Patterson - Score: 158,541

Is this a valid dispute?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. Dispute: Garrett Holland - Nintendo Wii - Guitar Hero Metallica - NTSC - System of a Down - "Toxicity" - Guitar - Easy - 1 Player [Points] - Player: Melissa Leigh Patterson - Score: 158,541

05-22-2020, 08:23 PM
    Nintendo Wii - Guitar Hero Metallica - NTSC - System of a Down - "Toxicity" - Guitar - Easy - 1 Player [Points]
    Score Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=77761
    Rules
    Pausing is NOT allowed!
    Scores can be achieved during Quick Play or Career Modes.This game MUST be played with a Guitar Controller. To ensure the Guitar Controller is being used, players will be required to cycle through the fret buttons at least ONCE at the start of each song. Meaning... click and release each fret button just to show that you are using a guitar controller.

Player Name
    Melissa Leigh Patterson
    Original Adjudication
    N/A
    Verification Method
    Video
    Verification Date
    2009-04-10
    Disputed Score
    158,541 (Rank 1)
    Disputed By
    Garrett Holland
    Dispute Evidence / Rationale
    A perfect score nets a player around 100K on the "Easy" setting. Clearly miscategorized. I havent done the research on which category this *might* have been played on, however, it most certainly is not possible that it was played on "Easy".
    Thanks Luigi Ruffolo thanked this post
    Likes Marcade liked this post
  2. 05-22-2020, 08:49 PM
    Valid dispute, voted Yes.

This was played on Hard difficulty, as stablished by Shaun Michaud on a different dispute. Dozens of scores from this player were entered on the easy leaderboard by a referee when they should have been put in Hard.
    Daniel Ocampo
    Tomena Sanner
    Champion and JJT lover (not in that way).
    Thanks Garrett Holland thanked this post
  3. 05-23-2020, 11:50 AM
    impossible score. Likely, Patti cakes had wings sauce on his fingers when he entered in his wife's score.

scorehero stats
    https://www.scorehero.com/rankings.p...iff=1&song=245

Name:  Screen Shot 2020-05-23 at 3.48.48 PM.png
Views: 24
Size:  426.6 KB
  4. 05-23-2020, 10:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixe Sukola View Post
    Valid dispute, voted Yes.

This was played on Hard difficulty, as established by Shaun Michaud on a different dispute. Dozens of scores from this player were entered on the easy leaderboard by a referee when they should have been put in Hard.
    Slight correction... Daniel's referring to the PS2 performance by Tanya Blatherwick. She had around 50 scores played on Hard as noted in a post by referee Kelly Flewin. I think it was incorrectly added in the easy categories sometime during ownership and database transfers.

As for this score, this definitely doesn't look right. A quick glance at Melissa's other guitar type game scores has her playing almost exclusively on Medium difficulty. The top scores listed on Score Hero are in the 180k range. My best guess is this was played on Medium.

Name:  image.png
Views: 12
Size:  60.7 KB
    “The easiest way to solve a problem is to deny it exists”
    ~Isaac Asimov
    Thanks Pixe Sukola, Garrett Holland thanked this post
  5. 05-23-2020, 11:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MyOwnWorstEnemy View Post
    Slight correction... Daniel's referring to the PS2 performance by Tanya Blatherwick. She had around 50 scores played on Hard as noted in a post by referee Kelly Flewin. I think it was incorrectly added in the easy categories sometime during ownership and database transfers.
    My bad, I thought they were the same player. What a coincidence, the only 2 women playing guitar hero on this site and they get their scores wrongly submitted.

Thanks for the clarification.
    Daniel Ocampo
    Tomena Sanner
    Champion and JJT lover (not in that way).
    Likes MyOwnWorstEnemy liked this post
Join us