NES / FAMICOM / DISK - NARC - NTSC - Points - 5,077,050 - Steven Lynn

Is this Performance Claim Valid?

You have no permission to view/vote this poll.
You may not vote on this poll
  1. NES / FAMICOM / DISK - NARC - NTSC - Points - 5,077,050 - Steven Lynn

05-23-2020, 04:21 AM
    vzaar-player

NTSC - Points
    Score Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=3508
    Rules
    Factory Default [No Codes Allowed]
    Special Rules: Helicoptor leeching on Level 3 is Banned!
    Submission Message
    Powerpak
    Original Frontloader
    Haupagge HD PVR 2 Gaming Edition 2

There are a couple of small things with this performance that I am not sure are allowed since the rules are very vauge. The rules are not clear but I assume based on the previous record that you are allowed to use as many lives as you want but you are not allowed to continue. The only other rule stated is that you cannot farm helicopters on Stage 3. I do not have enough characters in this box to explain the performance so I will respond in the discussion thread.

2. 05-23-2020, 04:25 AM
    You get a an extra life every 100,000 points.

If you get 99 busts at the end of a stage you get over 500k which refills your lives.

You can only hold a max of 5 lives.

There are three ways you can score points in this game:

1. Busting criminals up to 99 per stage
    2. Killing enemies, vehicles, containers on stage 2.
    3. Collecting points from enemy item drops and trees on skyhigh stage.

The rules are not clear but I assume based on the previous record that you are allowed to use as many lives as you want but you are not allowed to continue. The only other rule stated is that you cannot farm helicopters on Stage 3 (more on this below)

Leeching explanation:

Even though there is no clock in this game there are a number of factors that severely limit the amount of time you can spend on a stage. The first factor is that you will take damage from enemies no matter what you do in a lot of cases so that means your health will slowly drain as you play. You also have a limited number of bullets. There are small bullet refills that drop if you are lucky but the amount of time you can gain points on each life is skill based and luck based. Your bullets are refilled after you die.

Helicopter Leeching:

In stage 2 of the game I prefer to get busts in the first part of the stage near the 2 doors. This is the safest and fastest way. After a certain number of enemies a helicopter will spawn. Unlike in stage 3 where you can kill 99 helicopters with no enemies to damage you, a player still has to play well enough to be able to get the busts. I killed the remaining enemies and the final helicopter before entering the door. I personally do not see this as the same as leeching the helicopters in stage 3, the helicopters are much more difficult to kill in this area because they come from off screen.

Stage 3:

It is possible to get into the car and go backwards towards an area that has enemies. You can't be damaged while you are in the car and you can get infinite points this way by running over enemies. I personally feel like this strategy is the definition of leeching and should be banned.

Since killing regular enemies is such a big part of the scoring in this game I opt to use my rockets on this stage to kill the dumpster man until I run out of rockets. Since the number of kills is limited and he can actually damage you I do not believe this is any different than killing the regular enemies on any other stage. However I had considered it might be possible to get 99 more rockets and go back to that section which I opted not to do because I did not feel that should be allowed. Also you really need rockets on the following stage for kinky Pinky if you want to get 99 busts on that level.
    Thanks Pixe Sukola thanked this post
  3. 05-24-2020, 02:51 PM
    Bumping for discussion and votes.
  4. Yesterday, 10:03 AM
    I would really like to get some feedback and opinions about my strategies. If you vote would you please leave a comment.
  5. Yesterday, 02:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by EightBitSteve View Post
    You get a an extra life every 100,000 points.

If you get 99 busts at the end of a stage you get over 500k which refills your lives.

You can only hold a max of 5 lives.

There are three ways you can score points in this game:

The rules are not clear but I assume based on the previous record that you are allowed to use as many lives as you want but you are not allowed to continue. The only other rule stated is that you cannot farm helicopters on Stage 3 (more on this below)

Leeching explanation:

Even though there is no clock in this game there are a number of factors that severely limit the amount of time you can spend on a stage. The first factor is that you will take damage from enemies no matter what you do in a lot of cases so that means your health will slowly drain as you play. You also have a limited number of bullets. There are small bullet refills that drop if you are lucky but the amount of time you can gain points on each life is skill based and luck based. Your bullets are refilled after you die.

Helicopter Leeching:

In stage 2 of the game I prefer to get busts in the first part of the stage near the 2 doors. This is the safest and fastest way. After a certain number of enemies a helicopter will spawn. Unlike in stage 3 where you can kill 99 helicopters with no enemies to damage you, a player still has to play well enough to be able to get the busts. I killed the remaining enemies and the final helicopter before entering the door. I personally do not see this as the same as leeching the helicopters in stage 3, the helicopters are much more difficult to kill in this area because they come from off screen.

Stage 3:

It is possible to get into the car and go backwards towards an area that has enemies. You can't be damaged while you are in the car and you can get infinite points this way by running over enemies. I personally feel like this strategy is the definition of leeching and should be banned.

Since killing regular enemies is such a big part of the scoring in this game I opt to use my rockets on this stage to kill the dumpster man until I run out of rockets. Since the number of kills is limited and he can actually damage you I do not believe this is any different than killing the regular enemies on any other stage. However I had considered it might be possible to get 99 more rockets and go back to that section which I opted not to do because I did not feel that should be allowed. Also you really need rockets on the following stage for kinky Pinky if you want to get 99 busts on that level.
    1. Yes, because the track rules do not specify the amount of lives allowed to use, you are allowed to use as many as you like. Of course the TG global rules ban the use of continues unless stated otherwise in the specific track rules.

2. I agree on the stage 2 helicopter tactic, I don't consider it leeching since there are normal enemies mixed in. Leeching is also not allowed in the TG global rules (unless specific track rules state otherwise); probably the reason why the track creator has felt the need to specify the stage 3 helicopter farming method separately, is because it was such an obvious case of leeching. The interpretation what is leeching is pretty much case by case and is left to the hands of the adjudicators.

3. I agree on your view about the car trick on stage 3, and that it's not acceptable.

4. I also agree on the dumpster man part, using the rockets until you run out is fine, but refilling the rockets on another section should not be allowed.

5. When considering the leeching aspect I'd like to quote:

''3.0.b - Twin Galaxies recognizes that there are game titles programmed so that additional point-earning opportunities exist based on longevity within a stage, and the Adjudicating Community shall determine if continuance within the stage violates rule sections 1.0 or 2.0.a at their discretion and based on their collective experiences. Should the Adjudicating Community determine that continuance within a section/stage/area of a title does not violate either rule section, the player(s) may continue gameplay tactic(s) within that section for the purpose of additional point scoring.''

My personal opinion is that in this game additional point scoring is challenging enough for it not to be considered leeching (the aspect of possibly running out of bullets and the chance ratio of the enemies causing damage to the player). The previous record was done with the exact same methods as this one (and accepted via TGSAP), so I believe the community opinion is similar to the one I shared.

Lastly, but most importantly, great gameplay & score. Voting yes, accepted.
  6. Today, 10:02 AM
    Voting yes A WR Steven
    Steven Can you time stamp for the start of your record attempt,on your future submissions?
    Password MAX
    EightBitSteve
    05-23-2020, 12:25 PM
    You get a an extra life every 100,000 points. If you get 99 busts at the end of a stage you get over 500k which refills your lives. You can only hold a max of 5 lives. There are three ways you can score points in this game:
    Game starts at :23 on the video
    Final score is at 1:12:04 on the video Name:  image.png
Views: 8
Size:  517.0 KB
    Game settings
    Name:  image.png
Views: 8
Size:  301.3 KB
    JJTJohnnyLightning World #1 Racer on Arcade Game Fast & Furious Super Cars 1,803 Match Wins 49Cities
Join us