Dispute: Angela Stefanski - SNES / SFC - On The Ball - NTSC - 2nd Plane - Training Course [Fastest Completion] - Player: Ryan Johnson - Score: 16.0

Is this a valid dispute?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. Dispute: Angela Stefanski - SNES / SFC - On The Ball - NTSC - 2nd Plane - Training Course [Fastest Completion] - Player: Ryan Johnson - Score: 16.0

05-29-2020, 08:16 AM
    SNES / SFC - On The Ball - NTSC - 2nd Plane - Training Course [Fastest Completion]
    Score Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=43340
    Rules
    1 Player Only, Use The Code MHWYR To Access 2nd Plane [No Other Passwords or Continues Allowed!]
    Special Rules: You MUST Successfully complete the entire course and enter your initials for your time to count.
    Player Name
    Ryan Johnson
    Original Adjudication
    N/A
    Verification Method
    DVD
    Verification Date
    2011-01-06
    Disputed Score
    16.0 (Rank 1)
    Disputed By
    GibGirl
    Dispute Evidence / Rationale
    As established in this previous dispute and also this previous dispute, the scores entered for this game are based on an incorrect understanding of the tracks. "Training Course" refers to a full set of multiple levels, and this time is not possible for all the training levels. The "plane" is a full set of the four courses - complete all four, and you move on to the next plane, with four new courses.

Looking at the speedrun record for this particular course, it seems this time might be theoretically possible with some darn perfect play - however, everything established for the other times shows a clear pattern of the scores being entered incorrectly, giving absolutely no reason to think this particular score was somehow correct when all the others were not. As such, I have no doubts about this dispute.

(I did try and see if there were any TAS videos of this game to compare against, but not for anything after the first plane that I could find)
    Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes JJT_Defender liked this post
  2. 05-29-2020, 08:28 AM
    I still love the fact that opening a dispute against someone else's score shows up on the feed as if it's YOUR OWN score being disputed. 🤣
Join us