Atari 2600 / VCS - Circus Atari - NTSC - Game 6, Difficulty A (Points) - 19,088 - william rosa

Is this Performance Claim Valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. Atari 2600 / VCS - Circus Atari - NTSC - Game 6, Difficulty A (Points) - 19,088 - william rosa

06-02-2020, 04:33 PM
    vzaar-player

NTSC - Game 6, Difficulty A (Points)
    Score Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=5394
    Rules
    Difficulty switch must be set to A position (this is the harder difficulty).
    Any other settings should remain default upon boot-up.
    Submission Message
    bootup at beginning and end
    score and settings at end

2. 06-02-2020, 06:23 PM
    I see you prefer the right side, like me. It just feels good over there.

This is a tedious variation when you're trying to clear the last couple of balloons. You dealt with it well.

Good job........Accepted!
    Thanks Snowflake thanked this post
  3. 06-02-2020, 09:52 PM
    VLTING YES. I dig the right side as well. Like Midnight Magic, this game is ruthless. You can play for an hour not losing a life, and then lose 5 in a row within the span of a few minutes. I thought you had it made with 4X and 18K, and then I remembered how this game plays dirty. I didnt watch all of the footage (probably an aggregate of half of it on double speed), but all seems to be in order. Excellent job, though!
    Likes RaGe liked this post
  4. 06-02-2020, 10:51 PM
    Voting yes
    1. What model is this 6 switch Atari 2600?
    2. Were can I buy one like this. I never played Atari 2600 games, I like this model, on the other Atari 2600 difficulty only shows A & B.
    Skill
    Left player
    Expert- A
    Normal - B
    Skill
    Right player
    Expert - A
    Normal - B
    Score rolls over at 10,000 points is at 33:48 on the video
    Game 6 is selected at :15-18 on the video use full screen to it better
    Game starts at :19 on the video

Final score is at 1:10:11 on the video
    Name:  image.png
Views: 27
Size:  394.7 KB
    Game settings Name:  image.png
Views: 28
Size:  488.2 KB
    JJTJohnnyLightning World #1 Racer on Arcade Game Fast & Furious Super Cars 1,803 Match Wins 49Cities
  5. 06-03-2020, 05:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JJT_Defender View Post
    Voting yes
    1. What model is this 6 switch Atari 2600?
    2. Were can I buy one like this.
    This is the Sears Video Arcade (Telegames) model. Ebay
    Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes nads liked this post
  6. 06-03-2020, 06:29 AM
    Watched a good bit of this now-
    I know there are others here that can play this at a high level as well, you make it look so "easy", almost stress free, and it isn't, I remember barely being able to get in a few bounces in a row, let alone skillfully catch balloons, this game, IMO, is extra tough, great job!
    So they say
    Dance for me, dance for me, dance for me, oh, oh, oh
  7. 06-03-2020, 08:17 AM
    just fun commentary

to the untaggable rage -- its just happened. contrary to your advice i actually like the center but i have no control and just wind up going right on my own without trying. i assume you're probably correct but something about the wall bounce just complicates the visualizing the path for me and i prefer not deal with it

to jtt -- rage pretty much covered it. sears telegames. aso i think the sears intellivsion is called the "sears super telegames" or something like that. i always read on the carts they ran on sears telegames but never saw one. i assumed it was a different system some atari games ran on. in reality it is an atari with just a different shell. i finally got one in package deal on craigslist. sometime back i discovered i had the sears intellisiion in my collection. i can also assume it was part of the package deal and i didnt even notice it cause i didnt care about intellivision at the time. the sears carts are a bit more common and why some games have two names, like outerspace/starship

to garret and roger -- you pretty much made the same point. the game is pretty easy, the problem is you never get a break. at top speed its tough, fortunatley that doesnt long, but it doenst have to last long to get ya. unlike kaboom the only "break" is when you lose a man and who's gonna do that intentaionlly? plus since you can never gain lives back, you can just get a shield to protect from the next life lost, hey, even an easy thing if you have to be perfect at becomes harder than a hard thing where you're allowed to mess up

i like it. the colors, the sounds. its just a pretty breakout really. its appealing. and taking the year into account pretty awesome for its time. but theres not much to it. i'm happy just rolling the score for completion and climbing the esi. first place is always better, but for this i'm more about just wanting the esi and going trhough all my gams

oh one more point jtt. the atari version of this game is "circus atari" but the sears version of this game is "circus". maybe next time i should use my "circus" cart.
    If you have enjoyed this comment please consider clicking the "like" button
    Thanks Rogerpoco, JJT_Defender thanked this post
  8. 06-03-2020, 09:15 AM
    That looks like a Sears Heavy Sixer. Not gonna lie ... that's a rare gem.
    Likes RaGe liked this post
  9. 06-03-2020, 09:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett Holland View Post
    That looks like a Sears Heavy Sixer. Not gonna lie ... that's a rare gem.
    cool you'd think that'd make me preserve it, but nope its still gonna be my main play machine

when going for superman i reset so damn much i broke the reset switch, or rather, broke the switches solder connection. so i did open it up and resolder the connection. no replaced components, so still all original, though you could argue theres some non-original solder in there thats repairing the solder connecting to the existing components

i dont think anyone would claim all original components and just a glob of solder makes it any less original.
    If you have enjoyed this comment please consider clicking the "like" button
    Likes RaGe, Garrett Holland liked this post
  10. 06-03-2020, 10:24 AM
    Snow, nice run, 11.9K before the 2nd jumper is fantastic, no one (to my knowledge) has ever done that before on 6A! From 4K PB to 19K PB, your next stop should be around 50K. This game is harsh, that last balloon was filled with helium - it killed off your final 3 jumpers.

Accepted.
    ...God gave video games to you...
    Likes Garrett Holland liked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Join us