Custom Arcade Cabinet

1. 06-26-2020, 09:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Slinghit View Post
    Now I want to build another one!

Here's a spitball for you: The EIZO FlexScan EV2730Q is a truly square monitor. That would neatly answer the horizontal or vertical orientation question for a multiple arcade game setup. $1400 is pretty steep, but I have on occasion seen factory refurbished units for a still pricey $600. It worries me that I've found so few reviews for that monitor, but TechDredge absolutely loved it for the simple brilliance in its square format. Unfortunately, he just used a loaner for a bit, so there's no feedback on longevity or subtle design problems.

It looks like it would fit well in the bartop you've already designed. My pupating idea is to make a full-size cabinet, that appears to be sunk into a wall--just the front 12" or so sticking out. It could be securely mounted so that it won't budge when subjected to aggressive game play. Maybe make the whole unit hinged, like a door, to get easy access to the internals?
  2. 06-26-2020, 10:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by grinder2112 View Post
    Here's a spitball for you: The EIZO FlexScan EV2730Q is a truly square monitor. That would neatly answer the horizontal or vertical orientation question for a multiple arcade game setup. $1400 is pretty steep, but I have on occasion seen factory refurbished units for a still pricey $600. It worries me that I've found so few reviews for that monitor, but TechDredge absolutely loved it for the simple brilliance in its square format. Unfortunately, he just used a loaner for a bit, so there's no feedback on longevity or subtle design problems.

It looks like it would fit well in the bartop you've already designed. My pupating idea is to make a full-size cabinet, that appears to be sunk into a wall--just the front 12" or so sticking out. It could be securely mounted so that it won't budge when subjected to aggressive game play. Maybe make the whole unit hinged, like a door, to get easy access to the internals?
    Send pictures when you get started. I like the idea of the recess mount.

I like that monitor, it gives you more options for horizontal and vertical games. I am planning on making a multi-game bar top that will be able to play MAME and modern Steam Games in the same unit. We will see how that one comes together.

Thanks Jay

Jay
    Thanks grinder2112 thanked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Join us