Favourite Gaming Controller??

1. Favourite Gaming Controller??

06-06-2020, 02:49 AM
    What is your all-time fav gaming controller (not console)?

I'm torn bc my fav console (Dreamcast) has the worst controller....

Here is my rant about how I think Sega came up with the DC Controller....

Likes Mackwilson liked this post
  2. 06-16-2020, 03:18 AM
    At first glance this seems a question with an easy answer, and I see it a lot around retrogaming forums.
    However, the answer is not that easy.

I think the peak in controller design was reached in the 32 bit era. I recognize that things like the Mega Drive and the SNES controller were a massive step ahead, but the next generation of consoles really changed how we saw the pad: before it was just an input device, then it started to feel like a natural extension of the player's hands.

Controllers are tied with a double knot to the games designed for them: you notice this when you play the same game on different platforms, and while the game is enjoyable on one, it plays like s**t on the other.

And here is where the DualShock 2 takes the lead: every single button is easy to operate (a thing you can't say about the GameCube Z button for example), the D-Pad is perfectly balanced, and the sticks are grippy, responsive and easy to reach.

So in conclusion if I had to give you the easy, quick answer, I would have said the GameCube wired controller, but considered all what I said here, I think my favorite all-time controller is the PlayStation 2 DualShock 2.
    Likes Johnny Bloor liked this post
  3. 06-24-2020, 01:47 AM
    Well I'm still looking for it because I recently started playing games and wanna get a new gaming controller. Do let me know about the best one if you know any.
    Likes Johnny Bloor liked this post
  4. 06-24-2020, 06:30 AM
    Mine is Dreamcast controller too.
    Last edited by johnnyy; 06-30-2020 at 06:32 AM.
  5. 06-28-2020, 02:53 PM
    The PS2 Controller is a great choice and was way more durable than the PS3 controller....
  6. Today, 01:23 AM
    My top 3 favorites as of right now is the XBOX One Controller, Switch Pro, and the good ol' classic SNES Controller.
Join us