Dispute: Reina Adair - Atari 400 / 800 / XL / XE - Burger Time - Points - Player: Stephen Knox - Score: 35,010

Is this a valid dispute?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. 06-10-2020, 07:08 AM
    I found me screenshot - this was done on a Burger Time clone which I cant find the exact title it came from. Its not beef drop

Name:  burger_clone_sck.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  25.1 KB
    Goochman
    TG Senior Adviser Atari 800/XL/XE '03-'08
    TG Colecovision/Intellivision Referee '98-'03
  2. 06-10-2020, 08:07 AM
    I'm sorry, but this score was entered in 2003. Beef Drop was not released for the Atari 8-bit computers until 2005 according to the copyright information.
    Lauren Tyler
    Eternal Champion of Ragol
  3. 06-10-2020, 11:28 AM
    It's Burger Boy - just compared to a YouTube review of the game:

For reference, here's a thread that confirms that there was a mass-entering of Atari 800 games around the date of this submission:

https://www.twingalaxies.com/archive.../t-110005.html

Also over on AtariAge, there's a January 2003 thread where a user shared a couple of BurgerTime-type games in response to a request. One of them is entitled burgertime.zip, but the poster confirms that once loaded up, it says Burger Boy. Perhaps the name of the zip file prompted someone to create the track with that name:

https://atariage.com/forums/topic/18...comment-200900

I believe the remedy would be to create a track called "Burger Boy" and move this score to it.
    Likes Snowflake liked this post
  4. 06-10-2020, 11:33 AM
    so at a minimum the track needs to be renamed. Also with multiple versions, to play it safe should the rules be updated to allow all versions? or can the exact version be determined with confidence?
    Lode Runner Champion
  5. 06-10-2020, 11:39 AM
    The different versions can be determined with confidence. They are each, in their own way, truly unique takes on BurgerTime with different graphics and play. I can cut and paste images later if someone doesn't do it before me as a reference for the thread.
    Thanks Snowflake thanked this post
  6. 06-10-2020, 11:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by The Evener View Post
    The different versions can be determined with confidence. They are each, in their own way, truly unique takes on BurgerTime with different graphics and play. I can cut and paste images later if someone doesn't do it before me as a reference for the thread.
    just to clarify, one of knox's answer led me to believe that "versions" (maybe i should say revision) existed for the particular title. That is to say, with homebrews, where any of these homebrews updated. you know, i'm not simply asking can "burger boy" be distinguished from "beef drop". I'm asking if theres a burger boy 1.6.2 or a burger boy 2.1.3 out there.
    Lode Runner Champion
    Likes The Evener liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Join us