ZX Spectrum - Rupert and the Ice Castle - [EMU track] Points - 33,900 - Luigi Ruffolo

Is this Performance Claim Valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. ZX Spectrum - Rupert and the Ice Castle - [EMU track] Points - 33,900 - Luigi Ruffolo

06-11-2020, 12:18 AM
    vzaar-player

[EMU track] Points
    Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=231856
    Rank
    Rules
    Start level: 1. Ice pills: 5.
    Submission Message
    Emulator: Fuse 1.5.7 (Showed as many settings as possible, Emulation speed 100, frame rate 1/1, Recording).

As additional evidence, you may download the attached file (recorded history).

Attached Files Attached Files
    Likes Ladrero, Evan, Barthax liked this post
  2. 06-11-2020, 07:50 AM
    Thank you for showing the Poke Memory dialogue before resetting the Spectrum. I've always avoided using Fuse because I know it has an "automated cheat" mechanism. If there is a .POK file which is the same as the TZX/TAP file loaded, it automatically POKEs the memory (this is how cheats are done on a real ZX Spectrum). If the ZX Spectrum is reset, any evidence of the POKEs is removed and so could have been cheated. You have avoided this (whether by design or not) and I just want to highlight that in defence of your gameplay.

When using Fuse, I would recommend showing POKE Memory dialogue after loading the game but before playing - to confirm there are no POKEs automatically loaded.

I love the ZX Spectrum but it is one of the easiest systems to cheat at and can be done very easily without any trace. :(

Accepted. :D
    Lots of 1sts to be surpassed: what are you waiting for? Play the game, submit the score...
    Thanks Luigi Ruffolo, nads thanked this post
    Likes nads liked this post
Join us