Dispute: Brandon Finton - Atari 2600 / VCS - Kaboom! - NTSC - Game 1, Difficulty B (Points) - Player: Robert T Mruczek - Score: 999,999

Is this a valid dispute?

You have no permission to view/vote this poll.
You may not vote on this poll
  1. Dispute: Brandon Finton - Atari 2600 / VCS - Kaboom! - NTSC - Game 1, Difficulty B (Points) - Player: Robert T Mruczek - Score: 999,999

06-12-2020, 03:03 PM
    Atari 2600 / VCS - Kaboom! - NTSC - Game 1, Difficulty B (Points)
    Score Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=3787
    Rules
    Difficulty switch must be set to B position.
    Any other settings should remain default upon boot-up.
    Player Name
    Robert T Mruczek
    Original Adjudication
    N/A
    Verification Method
    Referee
    Verification Date
    2001-05-11
    Disputed Score
    999,999 (Rank 1)
    Disputed By
    Desidious
    Dispute Evidence / Rationale
    I'm just doing a favor for others. They will provide the information after this is posted.

Thanks in advance.
  2. 06-12-2020, 05:31 PM
    When do you plan on posting information? I am curious but will have to vote NO until I see something valid.
  3. 06-12-2020, 07:34 PM

Kaboom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Your friend, datagod
    If you enjoy theater do NOT click this link
    Likes Marcade liked this post
  4. 06-12-2020, 07:38 PM
    I can't be the mouthpiece for others forever. I might revoke doing this for a while after.

They will have to show their chops eventually. Until then, I'm sticking to my guns.
    Likes datagod, Marcade liked this post
  5. 06-12-2020, 07:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by datagod View Post
    When do you plan on posting information? I am curious but will have to vote NO until I see something valid.
    Well obviously the score is possible... But I think its "the method of submission" that is very suspicious.

I think what Brandon is referring to, is in correlation to this recent thread...
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthr...ese-from-1983-!!

If you go to post #46, "The Evener" digs up the web.archives here...
    https://web.archive.org/web/20010221...ri/tg_2600.htm

Then Snowflake points out suspicion to a different score on a different track on the very next post - #47
    The Kaboom score of 51,849 on 10/20/99

So Snowflake makes a very valid point...
    How can a referee at that time, justify a backdate in 2002, of a 999,999 score, going as far back to 1985, when he did not have ANY TIES with TG or Walter at that time?
    Thanks Desidious, starcrytas thanked this post
    Likes Snowflake liked this post
  6. 06-13-2020, 06:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcade View Post
    Well obviously the score is possible... But I think its "the method of submission" that is very suspicious.

I think what Brandon is referring to, is in correlation to this recent thread...
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthr...ese-from-1983-!!

If you go to post #46, "The Evener" digs up the web.archives here...
    https://web.archive.org/web/20010221...ri/tg_2600.htm

Then Snowflake points out suspicion to a different score on a different track on the very next post - #47
    The Kaboom score of 51,849 on 10/20/99

So Snowflake makes a very valid point...
    How can a referee at that time, justify a backdate in 2002, of a 999,999 score, going as far back to 1985, when he did not have ANY TIES with TG or Walter at that time?
    good memory but your wording could be misinterperted
    Name:  image.png
Views: 83
Size:  97.3 KB
    i dont reference any specific score in that post rather i just vaguely allude to "one other suspicious score on a completely different track"
    Lode Runner Champion
  7. 06-13-2020, 06:31 AM
    but sure lets give a summary. also since these things always turn personal lets also give a history of how it came up (very observant you two, very observant indeed).

There was a discussion of missing scores in the database
    I brought up how many dodge 'em scores are still missing
    Evener found a wayback machine proof of the missing dodge 'em scores (thx again for that)
    While looking at the snapshot that had the dodge 'em scores i looked through all the scores for anything else of interest

I did indeed notice the kaboom score in 2001 was under 100k. As people know i'm quite the kaboom expert and its a game i dont just put effort into playing, i even did a write up where i did some math explaining why I would expect experts to get around 15k on game A, and sure enough top player doug get 15k. So I had burned in my memory the first maxout was 1985 by mruczek and therefore very much found it strange he could have 1 million in 1985 yet under 100k in 2001. Obvioulsy some backdating was done post 2001. Due to all our arguments heating up i just vaguely referenced other scores. I was in no mood for how heated this stuff turns. but i also did want to return to this after the more important dodge 'em score was completed.

Many comments are deleted since me and rtm both proceeded to name call each other. The relevant info that was combined with the name calling. Interestingly, though i vaguely referenced another suspicious score existed RTM came in and talked about theres nothing wrong about his kaboom score. I speculated on that, that he himself knew his kaboom score had issues in order to immediately know thats what was referenced.

To be clear. I am NOT doubting the score is possible. heck, i'm not even doubting RTM once pulled off the score. Its a great game, and in the 80s was arguably the best game, i'm sure many people but the time in. The issue is solely the date/backdate.

I'm already apprehenisve of how heated these things turn. I will do my best to keep this just about the backdating. this may mean i am "dismissive" as i refuse to answer questions or respond to "toxic" tangents. Please dont be offended if i refuse to go down any other route, i normally am willing to handle every tangent but i have no desire to get into anymore out of control arguments.
    Lode Runner Champion
  8. 06-13-2020, 09:08 AM
    So altering dates and removing scores just to appear first seems to be the pattern.

Sadly, it's all assumption until more evidence is brought to light. Why would anyone care to be first when it's just a bunch of maxout scores anyways?
    Likes Marcade, datagod liked this post
  9. 06-13-2020, 09:49 AM
    Well I'm going to vote no. Robert would have said something about this score, he doesn't cheat and he doesn't lie, he might make mistakes but he is not a cheater.
  10. 06-13-2020, 10:14 AM
    Hmm, I'm pretty torn on this one. But right now, there is nothing but speciation, so I'm continuing to abstain. I can't comment to the person's character and am not swayed by that. People make mistakes... Including sometimes doing something way out of character once, like what is accused. It's always a surprise. People said the same thing about some other famous examples. Likewise, committing a mistaken memory to truth in ones mind is a thing that happens.

BUT, while the speculation is interesting, but there is no real evidence. But I'm also not going to be fully dismissive yet in case more evidence comes up.
    Likes starcrytas liked this post
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Join us