Dispute: william rosa - Atari 2600 / VCS - Adventure - NTSC - Game 3, Difficulty B [Fastest Completion] - Player: Stephen Knox - Score: 50.0

Is this a valid dispute?

You have no permission to view/vote this poll.
You may not vote on this poll
  1. Dispute: william rosa - Atari 2600 / VCS - Adventure - NTSC - Game 3, Difficulty B [Fastest Completion] - Player: Stephen Knox - Score: 50.0

06-13-2020, 08:30 AM
    Atari 2600 / VCS - Adventure - NTSC - Game 3, Difficulty B [Fastest Completion]
    Score Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=734
    Rules
    Difficulty: B - Time measured in whole seconds based on 9/09/04 Rules Committee decision (ex: 34.00-34.99 seconds is regarded as 34 seconds)
    Player Name
    Stephen Knox
    Original Adjudication
    N/A
    Verification Method
    Referee
    Verification Date
    2001-05-03
    Disputed Score
    50.0 (Rank 6)
    Disputed By
    Snowflake
    Dispute Evidence / Rationale
    This score was achieved in 1999. At a bare minimum we can see it was around in 2001. Not sure why it was later dated to appear to have happened later https://web.archive.org/web/20010221...ri/tg_2600.htm

i am not suggesting the score be removed. I am suggesting the date be corrected
  2. 06-13-2020, 08:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    Atari 2600 / VCS - Adventure - NTSC - Game 3, Difficulty B [Fastest Completion]
    Score Trackhttps://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=734
    RulesDifficulty: B - Time measured in whole seconds based on 9/09/04 Rules Committee decision (ex: 34.00-34.99 seconds is regarded as 34 seconds)
    Player NameStephen Knox
    Original AdjudicationN/A
    Verification MethodReferee
    Verification Date2001-05-03
    Disputed Score50.0 (Rank 6)
    Disputed BySnowflake
    Dispute Evidence / RationaleThis score was achieved in 1999. At a bare minimum we can see it was around in 2001. Not sure why it was later dated to appear to have happened later https://web.archive.org/web/20010221...ri/tg_2600.htm

i am not suggesting the score be removed. I am suggesting the date be corrected
    dont be confused by the dispute bug, though the dispute says 2001, the scoreboard lists that as 2004. the date appearing in this thread is an issue that comes up from time to time where the dispute thread gets score or dates wrong. really weird bug
    Lode Runner Champion
  3. 06-17-2020, 07:22 AM
    Dates on these scores Im sure have gotten munged over the years. The verification of this was by video tape and not a referee watching me play.

Anyhow - No problem with a date change, but hopefully not removed - Ive had a ton of scores removed with no explanation and would like to keep the few I have left in the database in tact :)
    Goochman
    TG Senior Adviser Atari 800/XL/XE '03-'08
    TG Colecovision/Intellivision Referee '98-'03
    Likes Snowflake, RaGe liked this post
  4. 06-17-2020, 07:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by goochman View Post
    Dates on these scores Im sure have gotten munged over the years. The verification of this was by video tape and not a referee watching me play.

Anyhow - No problem with a date change, but hopefully not removed - Ive had a ton of scores removed with no explanation and would like to keep the few I have left in the database in tact :)
    Removing would be wayyy more innappriopate than normal. In this case the wrong date harms you as it makes it look like you did it later than you did. theres zero reason to punish someone for having a worse recording of what they did than really happened.

as for where the date came from i only have a partial answer. In cases of original scores missing dates, they all get the 2004 date which i'm guessing is when a date became required. you have that same date added. its weird though cause hes the original entries
    Name:  image.png
Views: 30
Size:  11.5 KB
    it makes sense carter would get the 2004 date. dyer and mruczek have the date correctly copied over. ron is removed so we cant be sure. yet you're date also gets the 2004 entry.

however it happened, considering the other dates remained, i think its pretty clear its an error
    Lode Runner Champion
  5. 06-17-2020, 11:36 AM
    This may be better off posted in the Scoreboard Errors thread, since the dispute system is for score removals. Franny should be able to fix the date.
Join us