Unused: Off
    Free Play: Off
    Difficulty: Easy
    Infinite Lives [Cheat]: Off
    Initial Entry: On
    Cabinet: Upright
    Special Rules: None
    Submission Message
    Alright, finally taking a moment to beat this record.
    This is a very good and very fun game that deserves a LOT more attention.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MAME_suprloco_72307.png  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Likes jesperoland liked this post
  2. 06-22-2020, 09:50 PM
    Input file: gib_suprloco_72307.inp
    INP version 3.5
    Created Mon Jun 22 17:08:51 2020

Recorded using 0.217W (wolf217)
    Total playback frames: 38110
    Average recorded speed: 100%
    Average speed: 99.94% (649 seconds)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lo2.PNG 
Views:	32 
Size:	49.4 KB 
ID:	112095Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lo1.PNG 
Views:	32 
Size:	127.4 KB 
ID:	112096
  3. 06-22-2020, 09:56 PM
    Well good news is you get to play this game again as you said you enjoyed it.
    You used the wrong rom it should have been suprlocoo, needed to add an o

Voting No
  4. 06-22-2020, 10:03 PM
    I don't get much into naming versions and parent and child and such but this seems wrong. Mame 106 uses this version and only this version existed. Then later they added what they call a clone of this game and added an o to the rom name.
    Maybe if someone who is in the know could go have a look and let us know what's going on.
  5. 06-22-2020, 10:12 PM
    I'll play again on the non-parent romset if people insist. But note the rules fail to specify which romset to use outside of specific MAME versions. I defaulted to the parent as that seemed to make the most sense.
    Join the UNOFFICIAL Twin Galaxies Discord: https://discordapp.com/invite/7PfNNDk
  6. 06-22-2020, 10:23 PM
    @Barthax could you please do some digging on this for us, thanks.
  7. 06-22-2020, 10:55 PM
    I'm also curious what the rules are, when the newer version range is not open ended and therefore doesn't cover all recent versions.

I'm waiting with voting until we get some information on this.

I'll gladly vote yes, if there are no rules against it, since it's not specified that you must use any certain rom for your version.
  8. 06-23-2020, 01:27 AM
    The MAME policy is for the parent ROM set to be the latest revision of all the known sets so that anyone casually attempting the game gets the latest "design" from the OEM. There are two versions of Super Locomotive in the latest MAME - the original set (no revision number/identifier) and the Revision A set. MAME therefore makes the new revision the parent set. So that's how MAME works and if a new revision is ever found, that revision will become the new parent ROM set.

TG's scoreboard endeavours to retain a like-for-like comparison. When Super Locomotive was added to the scoreboard, there was only one revision in MAME. In the release 0.147u3 of MAME the identity of the revision set was made public (it was likely known in private for some versions prior) and the parent ROM set became the new revision. In order for TG to remain like-for-like, it was necessary to update the rules to identify the known change in behaviour and that wasn't added to the rules until version 0.170 via sterling work of @terencew - I gave up trying to fix the scoreboard/support MAME long before.
    Lots of 1sts to be surpassed: what are you waiting for? Play the game, submit the score...
    Thanks redelf thanked this post
  9. 06-23-2020, 01:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jesperoland View Post
    I'm also curious what the rules are, when the newer version range is not open ended and therefore doesn't cover all recent versions.
    The TG rules cannot determine the future development of MAME and have zero influence over the worlds' discovery of old Arcade games. How could the rules predict that all future versions of MAME will keep the same ROM set naming?
    Lots of 1sts to be surpassed: what are you waiting for? Play the game, submit the score...
  10. 06-23-2020, 02:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Barthax View Post
    The TG rules cannot determine the future development of MAME and have zero influence over the worlds' discovery of old Arcade games. How could the rules predict that all future versions of MAME will keep the same ROM set naming?
    I'm not saying it could.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Join us