Sega 32X - Virtua Racing Deluxe - NTSC - Big Forest - Fastest Lap - Prototype - 34.589 - Terence O'Neill

Is this Performance Claim Valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. Sega 32X - Virtua Racing Deluxe - NTSC - Big Forest - Fastest Lap - Prototype - 34.589 - Terence O'Neill

06-28-2020, 07:59 PM
    vzaar-player

NTSC - Big Forest - Fastest Lap - Prototype
    Score Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=203187
    Rules
    • Time Attack, options: Level = Normal (default), all other options are player's choice.
    • Your lap time is taken from the Result screen.
    • No pausing, no cheat codes, no continues allowed.
    • You may only use the car type (stock, formula, prototype) that is specified in the game title, any transmission and any number of laps.

Submission Message
    Settings at 00:22 , Fastest Lap is the 4th lap of the race at 08:50

I really like my old time of 34.666 >:) , but it has to go

Thanks for watching

Attached Images Attached Images  
  2. 06-28-2020, 08:46 PM
    Nice lap time, Terence! Accepted!
    Jared Oswald
    World record holders on "Guitar Hero", "Rock Band" and Sonic games.
    Thanks RaGe thanked this post
    Likes RaGe liked this post
  3. 06-28-2020, 09:26 PM
    I just noticed that John set the 32X lap variations up differently than the Sega Genesis ones. For the Genesis, a fastest lap can come from either Time Trial, or Virtua Racing mode. Here, he only stated Time Trial. I think this was just an oversight on his part, as we usually keeps things the same across gaming platforms (For the record, Virtua Racing mode is harder, since there are other cars to watch out for, Time Trial, you have the road to yourself).

I'm going to PM John. He hasn't been around since last year, but hopefully he replies so I can see what he intended for these lap variations.

Please hold up on your voting until I find out, or if John stops in and comments himself.

Thanks
    Thanks Luigi Ruffolo, Rogerpoco thanked this post
    Likes evan04, Barthax liked this post
  4. 06-29-2020, 05:36 AM
    I don't think John is going to respond. He's never been away from TG for this long in all the time he's been here.

Now I definitely think it was an oversight on John's part--I remembered (and double checked) that TG set up the race variations back in the referee days (We actually added the rules to those variations a couple of years ago, since they were empty). John added the lap variations a few years ago. The easiest way to set up laps to the database would be Time Trial, which he did. He wasn't thinking about races, apparently. When one sets up a full game, they tend to dive into every aspect of the game, and that's exactly how John is...He set up the full Genesis variations afterwards, which as I stated above, allow for lap times to come from Race mode...This is basically the same exact game. There are many other racing games set up that allow lap times to come from races, too. If laps are only being tracked in a game, then obviously times should only come from Time Trial. You race your ass off, and you can't submit your lap time? That would be silly.

But let me ask what the only other submitter for the game that's still around thinks, @Marco1019

Also, notorious racing game submitter, @Rogerpoco .
    Thanks Rogerpoco thanked this post
    Likes Rogerpoco liked this post
  5. 06-29-2020, 06:12 AM
    I would agree with you, particularly as they are the same series of games.

Had my racing gloves put up for a while, but I'll be back eventually!!!

:P
    So they say
    Dance for me, dance for me, dance for me, oh, oh, oh
    Thanks RaGe thanked this post
    Likes RaGe liked this post
  6. 06-29-2020, 08:40 AM
    I believe these rules were in place prior to my joining TG and I cannot speak for JMB, but I don't see why a Fastest Lap time should not come from a race & only be limited to a Free Run.

My guess is that a quick amendment of the rules for this track would be needed prior to accepting this run. It's better to be safe given the odds that someone will raise a red flag.

Unrelated to the question: @Rogerpoco Get on this! I'd love to see what you could do with this one.
    Thanks Rogerpoco, RaGe thanked this post
    Likes Rogerpoco, RaGe liked this post
  7. 06-29-2020, 09:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco1019 View Post
    I believe these rules were in place prior to my joining TG and I cannot speak for JMB, but I don't see why a Fastest Lap time should not come from a race & only be limited to a Free Run.

My guess is that a quick amendment of the rules for this track would be needed prior to accepting this run. It's better to be safe given the odds that someone will raise a red flag.

Unrelated to the question: @Rogerpoco Get on this! I'd love to see what you could do with this one.
    Haha!
    There's actually a "story", Yay!!!
    Rage recently improved his times on the PAL version of the game, the Megadrive, not 32x version.
    What happened was, his cart broke, so he asked me about mine-Haha, I actually had the cart!
    (Side note-can't flash it, the cart has some odd "heat sink" in it, that can't be replicated. Or something.).
    So I just sent him mine, even being the "collector" that I am now, based on the fact that...
    I tried.
    Nope.
    Somehow, this one is beyond my patience, I believe!
    So I gave it an honest go, I swear, but just willing to admit when I am over my head!
    (After I gave him the cart, it was a relief-I wasn't obligated to try anymore, lol, "couldn't".
    :)
    So they say
    Dance for me, dance for me, dance for me, oh, oh, oh
  8. 06-29-2020, 10:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco1019 View Post

Ok, that settles that! I'll post in the errors thread to get it added to the rules. After it's been added (could be a bit) , I'll let you guys know it's safe to vote YES.
    @Rogerpoco He means the 32X version. The Genesis version can't compare to the awesomeness of the 32X version. And the Mega Drive version?..Holy crap, double whammy! LOL Seriously, the 32X version is a total ACE. Purchasing a 32X just for it, is worth it. I would never steer you wrong, man.
  9. 06-29-2020, 10:10 AM
    Well, that explains a lot hahaha! The 32X version is more enjoyable (for me & a few others, at least) and provides greater replay value despite its age. I understand that 1994 polygons aren't for everyone but I suggest giving it a go. (Tangentially related: It's a wonder the MD version is as good as it is given the limitations.)
    Likes Rogerpoco, RaGe liked this post
  10. 06-29-2020, 06:18 PM
    Though it doesn't show here, the tracks rules have been updated:

Name:  rules.JPG
Views: 5
Size:  65.4 KB

You can go ahead and vote YES now :)
Join us