1983 Star Wars difficulty levels dip switch settings .. somewhat continued

1. 1983 Star Wars difficulty levels dip switch settings .. somewhat continued

07-03-2020, 08:55 PM
    Im interested in anything anyone could explain about the dip switch settings .. NOT the starting level via
    the start of the game .. they are supposed to be different. The settings which are supposed to mirror the cab
    dip settings of easy | moderate | hard | hardest, in Arcade 1up.

I suspect these settings do little on the Arcade 1up version .. and I find it irksome and frustrating.
    Does anyone own or have access to an original cab where they have tweaked these setting, and does the play get affected
    by them? I would have expected HARDEST to be brutal .. its a lot like HARD. The same can be said for the
    MODEST vs HARD .. its pretty much the same game, I think a good gamer knows.

The idea was I could wean myself from shields 6/2 to 6/1 on an easier setting and play longer
    (I have beads of sweat to get a 3 million on 6/1, where as 6/2 is too easy and I can play for hours and get 25 Million)

The only perceived differenace I can see is the first phase of the wave where the tie fighter fights are.
    I think they're a bit more intense and do in a follow the setting they are on. Any help here either from SW cab owners or
    fellow Arcade 1up users appreciated.
  2. 08-13-2020, 04:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rweth View Post
    Im interested in anything anyone could explain about the dip switch settings .. NOT the starting level via
    the start of the game .. they are supposed to be different. The settings which are supposed to mirror the cab
    dip settings of easy | moderate | hard | hardest, in Arcade 1up.

I suspect these settings do little on the Arcade 1up version .. and I find it irksome and frustrating.
    Does anyone own or have access to an original cab where they have tweaked these setting, and does the play get affected
    by them? I would have expected HARDEST to be brutal .. its a lot like HARD. The same can be said for the
    MODEST vs HARD .. its pretty much the same game, I think a good gamer knows.

The idea was I could wean myself from shields 6/2 to 6/1 on an easier setting and play longer
    (I have beads of sweat to get a 3 million on 6/1, where as 6/2 is too easy and I can phttps://nox.tips/ https://xender.vip https://testmyspeed.onl
    lay for hours and get 25 Million)

The only perceived differenace I can see is the first phase of the wave where the tie fighter fights are.
    I think they're a bit more intense and do in a follow the setting they are on. Any help here either from SW cab owners or
    fellow Arcade 1up users appreciated.
    I am looking to assemble a team to make a fan game of what Star Wars 1313 could have been based off of demos, leaks, concept art, and interviews of what the game was in the latest version they had. I think that this game had amazing potential, and it could truly have been a unique Star Wars game that would have appealed to a different audience who is tired of games centered around Jedi and the Force, or fans who found Battlefront after Battlefront repetitive. While this game looked extremely good especially for 2012/2013, I think that making a demo or first level for the game is doable from an Indie setting and am looking to see if there is anybody interested who checks this sub who is familiar with Unreal Engine 4. (The Engine that was used in the actual creation of what would have been the official game) If they are, I am looking for programmers whether they use Blueprints or C++ it doesn't make a difference to me especially if we are to be making just a first level. I am hoping once we have something tangible we can take it somewhere and when it is most likely not approved we will at least have exposure. I am a 3d modeler that uses Blender, if you would like to see some of my recent creations that is fine, I know somewhat about applying very basic textures but we will most likely need somebody better to do that, I have some animation skills but again that is not my specialty. Mainly I am looking for programmers first and foremost, then any artist type whether it be modelers or particle effects (I really don't care all are welcome even if this is your first time working on a game) and after those have been taken care of animators are definitely a big priority. Whatever skills you have or wish to have are accepted however. I know that this game was shooting for a mature rating but after reading several interviews of what made it that way I have decided that such content is not necessary, however I will be sticking with the intended plot and to keep it very similar to what the original vision was. The gameplay will largely be based off of what the demo was but the "mature" aspect of the game does not seem to be something that is needed especially in Star Wars. That is not to say the game will not have a serious or sinister plot but over the top grittiness will not be necessary. Either reply through a pm or on this thread directly if interested. Thank you for your time!
    Last edited by BenzilLobo; 08-14-2020 at 12:35 AM.
Join us