Dispute: Angela Stefanski - Atari Jaguar - Club Drive - Old West/Race [Fastest Completion] - Player: Kevin Opperman - Score: 49.3

Is this a valid dispute?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. 07-10-2020, 09:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Tyler View Post

If you don't believe me, that's fine, I'm just telling you that those are just some scores that were proven to be completely impossible to achieve.
    Oh, I believe you. We all know Rodgers is so full of it it's coming out his ears. But you can't "prove" it. There's still plenty of people who will swear not only that Billy and Todd did nothing wrong, but that all the evidence isn't worth a hoot, and it hasn't been proven, it's still open for debate, a witch hunt, a big misunderstand, and removing their scores without "proving it" is just an obvious misjustice. Obviously that's all crap. But that's the game you get into when you try to "disprove" things and allow plausible deniability to stand on the same ground as evidence, standards, and a baseline of automatic quality control.
  2. 07-10-2020, 09:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Foot0fGod View Post
    Oh, I believe you. We all know Rodgers is so full of it it's coming out his ears. But you can't "prove" it. There's still plenty of people who will swear not only that Billy and Todd did nothing wrong, but that all the evidence isn't worth a hoot, and it hasn't been proven, it's still open for debate, a witch hunt, a big misunderstand, and removing their scores without "proving it" is just an obvious misjustice. Obviously that's all crap. But that's the game you get into when you try to "disprove" things and allow plausible deniability to stand on the same ground as evidence, standards, and a baseline of automatic quality control.
    Those people who swear Todd and Billy did nothing wrong are in denial because they don't want to believe it. You can't change it, they can debate all they want. Those of us who aren't in denial and see the evidence for what is, are no longer debating. That's why denial is such a *****. You are stuck arguing with yourself in the end and there is no resolution to the conflict. It's pretty nasty on an individual.
    Thanks Lauren Tyler thanked this post
    Likes datagod, Lauren Tyler liked this post
  3. 07-10-2020, 09:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Foot0fGod View Post
    Or we can just throw away really shitty ones? Like, we can exercise judgement and discretion on things like this instead of trying to blindly follow unbending rules, not questioning whether or not they advertise achieve so intended goal? Painting this as throwing everything out or proving every single score actually impossible or completely valid is just a silly false dichotomy.
    How do you indicate if a score is "really shitty"? And for the record WE don't do anything except gather evidence. It is up to the Judge/Jury/Executioner to make the decision.
    Your friend, datagod

~~Raspberry Pi Enthusiast~~
  4. 07-11-2020, 12:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by datagod View Post
    How do you indicate if a score is "really shitty"? And for the record WE don't do anything except gather evidence. It is up to the Judge/Jury/Executioner to make the decision.
    Yes. Opinions have no place in a dispute. Also, what the hell are we even going on about anymore here?

Angela pretty much agreed to retract her Jagaur crusade. This gives us a better chance to look at things a little more thoroughly throughout the leaderboard here and I think we should take it. I've got two games coming myself and more in the future. Guess I'm just going to become a Jaguar collector now. Keep in mind, I'm not even doing this for myself but to help give justification to the previous score holders all while hopefully adding more games on the site that aren't tracked. This in turn can give us more competition for this system all while documenting gameplay.

Angela might think of herself the loser in this case but I don't agree. If it wasn't for her, we wouldn't have paid more attention to this leaderboard thus expanding it and giving it the credibility it deserves. I'm looking forward to the future with this system.
    Thanks datagod thanked this post
    Likes datagod liked this post
  5. 07-11-2020, 09:07 PM
    All sounds good to me, honestly. I think we've all said what we meant to say.
  6. 07-18-2020, 08:29 PM
    This dispute is being accepted based on the dispute claim arguments presented in this specific case and other the identical cases in the Atari Jaguar score disputes that Angela Stefanski filed claim against.

If the original score performers of the disputed / removed scores want to present Twin Galaxies with evidence for score reinstatement, they are welcome to do so and TG will happily reinstate.

We understand that there are some personal desires to keep this score and perhaps others on the basis of encouraging competition, however that desire is not considered "evidence" in the strictest sense.

It is always a challenge to deal with scores that have been imported from other adjudicative sources - especially ones that have so clearly outlined a relaxed submission process that has resulted in some cases of bad data.

For the rest of the imported Atari Jaguar scores, if the community wants them to stay as is, it should not file dispute claims against them.

This score however has a claim filed, and will be removed, consistent with the others.

Thanks to everyone for their participation in this challenging matter.
    Thanks swaggers thanked this post
    Likes Snowflake, Foot0fGod liked this post
  7. 07-18-2020, 08:35 PM
    That's a fucking joke. Way to ruin the leaderboard.

Thanks for saving me the money because I'm not buying **** for this system to help the leaderboard in the future. You just earned your TRASH status back.
    Likes Pixe Sukola liked this post
  8. 07-18-2020, 08:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by TWIN GALAXIES View Post
    If the original score performers of the disputed / removed scores want to present Twin Galaxies with evidence for score reinstatement, they are welcome to do so and TG will happily reinstate.
    What possible evidence could we the community provide to re instate disputed scores?

Quote Originally Posted by TWIN GALAXIES View Post
    For the rest of the imported Atari Jaguar scores, if the community wants them to stay as is, it should not file dispute claims against them.
    The thing is only one person disputed all these scores, so even if the majority of the community wouldn't want those scores gone, one person could still do it if they want.
    Daniel Ocampo
    Tomena Sanner
    Champion and JJT lover (not in that way).
    Thanks Ninglendo thanked this post
  9. 07-18-2020, 08:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixe Sukola View Post
    What possible evidence could we the community provide to re instate disputed scores?
    Nevermind I just read that the ORIGINAL PERFORMERS of the scores could basically resubmit them, which is even crazier.
    Daniel Ocampo
    Tomena Sanner
    Champion and JJT lover (not in that way).
    Likes Ninglendo liked this post
  10. 07-18-2020, 08:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixe Sukola View Post

Brandon (an active member) already proved the scores to be possible.
    Thanks Pixe Sukola thanked this post
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Join us