Dispute: Angela Stefanski - Atari Jaguar - Club Drive - Old West/Race [Fastest Completion] - Player: Kevin Opperman - Score: 49.3

Is this a valid dispute?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. 07-05-2020, 02:59 PM
    .... good? Please do? Again, showing a score is plausible does not say much by itself, unless you're doubting my totally legit 1.3M on DK from [some proven fatally flawed source].
  2. 07-05-2020, 03:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Desidious View Post
    Well look what happens when someone proves the opposite. Thanks for doing this though, I'm totally about to prove all the scores are plausible for this game.
    Proves the opposite of what?

I've said before that most of the scores were plausible, and many of them were likely legitimate. It's never been about that - it's been about the fact that the source didn't meet TG's criteria for proof, and thus the scores should never have made it onto the leaderboards here to start with. The fact that they're beatable doesn't change the fact they never met the requirements for proof.
    Likes Foot0fGod liked this post
  3. 07-05-2020, 03:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Foot0fGod View Post
    .... good? Please do? Again, showing a score is plausible does not say much by itself, unless you're doubting my totally legit 1.3M on DK from [some proven fatally flawed source].
    Everything is done case by case. You can get others in on your DK score if you want but that game isn't worth crap to me. Just an opinion of course, playing Dk doesn't give one more validity.
  4. 07-05-2020, 03:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by GibGirl View Post
    Proves the opposite of what?

I've said before that most of the scores were plausible, and many of them were likely legitimate. It's never been about that - it's been about the fact that the source didn't meet TG's criteria for proof, and thus the scores should never have made it onto the leaderboards here to start with. The fact that they're beatable doesn't change the fact they never met the requirements for proof.
    What I'm doing is proving the opposite of what you're doing. I'm actually PLAYING the game.
  5. 07-05-2020, 03:12 PM
    Everything is done case by case. You can get others in on your DK score if you want but that game isn't worth crap to me. Just an opinion of course, playing Dk doesn't give one more validity.
    So this is just obviously not true, see again Mitchell/Rodgers, who no doubt had plenty of legitimate scores that were removed. Like, you can disagree with the dispute or this approach, but this is just patently false and you probably should just stop saying it because it makes your position look as weak at this factually untrue argument, and I don't think it is. I think it's a discussion that I fall in the other side, but I think it's worth questioning "when do we go case by case and when do we remove at volume." Because we factually do both.
  6. 07-05-2020, 03:57 PM
    So this is just obviously not true, see again Mitchell/Rodgers, who no doubt had plenty of legitimate scores that were removed. Like, you can disagree with the dispute or this approach, but this is just patently false and you probably should just stop saying it because it makes your position look as weak at this factually untrue argument, and I don't think it is. I think it's a discussion that I fall in the other side, but I think it's worth questioning "when do we go case by case and when do we remove at volume." Because we factually do both.
    Everything is done case by case unless a ban is issued.

This dispute is still invalid. Please look forward to the rest of the scores I put up to prove the rest are invalid. The powerball tracks look way and feel way more suspicious but I need more time with them. Thanks again for your concern.
  7. 07-05-2020, 05:28 PM
    What I'm doing is proving the opposite of what you're doing. I'm actually PLAYING the game.
    The opposite of what I'm doing would be proving the original source met the burden of proof for TG scores at the time. I'm looking forward to seeing your evidence.
  8. 07-06-2020, 03:23 PM
    So this is just obviously not true, see again Mitchell/Rodgers, who no doubt had plenty of legitimate scores that were removed.
    Billy Mitchell, maybe, but most of Rogers' scores were questionable at best, with several games having scores that were impossible to achieve under even normal circumstances (such as Wabbit and Fathom.)

But I digress.

The issue at hand here is not whether or not the time is valid, but rather the fact that they do not meet the criteria for Twin Galaxies standards, and given that Mr. Hall has agreed with similar cases, I feel that this is a valid dispute.

You don't have to agree with me, but I am entitled to my personal opinions.
    Lauren Tyler
    Eternal Champion of Ragol
  9. 07-06-2020, 03:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Tyler View Post

You don't have to agree with me, but I am entitled to my personal opinions.
    Sorry, my intention wasn't clear. I agree with you and I support all of these disputes and have said I'll vote YES unless on a case-by-case basis exceptions are found. I just wanted to highlight one very particular point in the counterargument I find particularly non-convincing. I still likely wouldn't personally agree with a better counterargument , but I think it could at least be a valid way of thinking. I don't think this particular way of thinking is even valid.
  10. 07-06-2020, 03:59 PM
    I'm going to vote yes on this one. You can absolutely say that one may be erasing history if they remove these scores from the scoreboard, and that would be correct. However, its important to note what kind of history that is, and that's a history of invalid score entries from a site that has been proven to not meet adjudication standards.

As it has been said multiple times in this dispute, just because these scores are plausible does not necessarily mean that it's good data. I dont care if it's a score that a 2 year old could achieve, if the score has been shown that it doesn't match the precedents that have been put up in place, then that score should be removed.

Another thing to note is that while there may or may not be ulterior motives for any dispute(eg. To get to the top of the leaderboards, etc...) that does not make that dispute any less valid.
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Join us