M.A.M.E. - Metal Slug 2 - Super Vehicle-001/II - Points [Single Player Only] - 10,704,170 - Jorge Gutierrez

Is this Performance Claim Valid?

You have no permission to view/vote this poll.
You may not vote on this poll
  1. M.A.M.E. - Metal Slug 2 - Super Vehicle-001/II - Points [Single Player Only] - 10,704,170 - Jorge Gutierrez

07-07-2020, 10:19 PM
    vzaar-player

Points [Single Player Only]
    WolfMame version
    Score Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=14704
    Rules
    ROMSet: MSlug2
    Hero: 3
    Continue: Off
    Difficulty: Level 4
    Play Time: 60
    Play Manual: ON
    Blood: ON or Off
    Credit/Level: ON/ON
    Language: English
    Special Rules: This is a Single Player ONLY Variation! You may freely choose from any available character. Continues are NOT allowed!
    Submission Message

Attached Files Attached Files
    Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes JJT_Defender liked this post
  2. 07-08-2020, 03:27 AM
    Nice score, Jorge! Accepted!
    Jared Oswald
    World record holders on "Guitar Hero", "Rock Band" and Sonic games.
  3. 09-22-2020, 10:55 AM
    Bumping to get MAME INP analyzed and votes
    JJTJohnnyLightning World #1 Racer on Arcade Game Fast & Furious Super Cars 1,872 Match Wins 52Cities
  4. 10-17-2020, 07:27 PM
    Dunno, I'm not a big fan of all that farming.
    Likes Whilethekidsareaway liked this post
  5. 11-12-2020, 07:32 AM
    I'm with you on the farming but I did not see it in the rules that you couldn't. If that's the case I can easily put up 30 - 40 million as i own this game and know a perfect spot to farm/leech. I will vote yes for now due to rules being rules.
  6. 11-12-2020, 07:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Whilethekidsareaway View Post
    I'm with you on the farming but I did not see it in the rules that you couldn't. If that's the case I can easily put up 30 - 40 million as i own this game and know a perfect spot to farm/leech. I will vote yes for now due to rules being rules.
    i dont know the game as well i just played a bit on steam, but there are "global rules" that i know i should take the time to look up and post, but you can find them if you search them out. global rules apply unless the track rules explicity state they dont apply. leeching is an example of a global rule. "spirit of the game" is another. leeching is complex but largely boils down to "can it be done forever". so my question for you is, is the farming infinite (chosing to end it doesnt count, obviously no game truly lasted forever, the point is, is it possible)? now, thx to "spirit of the game" people can still put forth an argument the farming isnt appropriate and those arguments are always a lot more difficult. but just for the leeching itself i'd ask if theres some limit, cause from my experience with metal slug, the few places i thought i could leech, it turned out there was a limit.
    Lode Runner Champion
    Thanks Garrett Holland thanked this post
  7. 11-12-2020, 08:00 AM
    the spot I know of is only limited by your timer, i have used it to put up fun scores on my arcade machine to annoy my son :-) I have not looked at the global rules but i suspect you are right. I will double check and adjust my vote accordingly.
  8. 11-12-2020, 08:20 AM
    After re-reading the leeching/Farming sections.

"A means by which a player accumulates additional points in game while engaging in activities that do not contribute to progressing to the next stage, screen or level, and while such activities are engaged, a player is not inhibited to progressing to the next stage, screen or level during commission of said activities. In general, a player should always be making a meaningful or conservative attempt towards progression within the generally accepted intended spirit and direction of the game."

My interpretation of this is always making forward progression unless the game otherwise did not allow until certain conditions are met and there were many areas where that was not happening. I have made many many primary knife runs as that scores the most points over shooting but many areas the player just sat at one location and knifed projectiles racking up very large amounts of points. Being that this is one of my favorite games on the Neo-Geo system and I own and play them very frequently my opinion is that the attempt to make progress was not there while leeching large amounts of points.

I will un-vote at this time and see what other have to say and how they feel about it.

on a side note, that is one helluva nice score though.
  9. 11-12-2020, 09:19 AM
    Welcome Whilethekidsareaway to Twin Galaxies.
    Here are helpful links
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/wiki_in...-TG-Guidelines
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/wiki_in...ion-and-Guide&
    WHAT IS "LEECHING?" - INFORMATION AND GUIDE

Term - "Leeching" is also referred to as "hunting" and "point scrabbing" by both Twin Galaxies and members of the gaming Community

"A means by which a player accumulates additional points in game while engaging in activities that do not contribute to progressing to the next stage, screen or level, and while such activities are engaged, a player is not inhibited to progressing to the next stage, screen or level during commission of said activities. In general, a player should always be making a meaningful or conservative attempt towards progression within the generally accepted intended spirit and direction of the game." The rules that follow governing leeching/hunting/point-scrabbing shall apply universally to all arcade, home console, emulation, hand-held, mobile and PC-based gameplay efforts.

SECTION 2.0 - GENERAL GUIDELINES

2.0.a - Adjudicators shall determine via it's collective experience whether any tactic(s), leeching or otherwise, either defeat the generally accepted understanding of the spirit of the game or take advantage of known or unknown programming glitches, and whether said tactic(s) should be banned. Thus, gameplay records using banned tactics shall not be recognized by Twin Galaxies for inclusion in its scoreboard.

2.0.b - Rule 2.0.a, although applicable to all gameplay efforts, may be applied differently to team-play efforts at the discretion of the Twin Galaxies Adjudicating Community when it has been determined through their collective experience that tactic(s) only possible during team-play efforts yield unfairly accumulated points not otherwise possible during single-play, and which in addition do not contribute to a meaningful or conservative attempt towards progression within the generally accepted understanding of the intended spirit and direction of the game.

2.0.c - Twin Galaxies recognizes that game titles which have a count-down time limit, hidden or otherwise, should allow a player the opportunity to maximize their score productivity within the limited time limit available, providing the tactic(s) employed by the player are not deemed banned by the track variation rules. Therefore, tactics that are not deemed banned by the specific track variation rules are allowable within the time limit constraints of normal gameplay for such titles.

2.0.d - Twin Galaxies recognizes that there may be game titles which, based on the collective experience of the Adjudicating Community, contain program glitches or flaws that affect the counter of extra lives, weaponry, shields, health units, or other game-affecting attributes, which contribute to continuance of the gameplay, and which defeat the generally accepted and understood original spirit of the game. In such cases, usage of the tactic(s) necessary to bring about such continuance shall be deemed illegal and banned under rules section 2.0.a.

SECTION 3.0 - SPECIFIC EXCEPTIONS

3.0.a - Twin Galaxies recognizes that there are game titles programmed so that continued longevity within a section/stage/area of a game results in progressively increasing speed, difficulty and challenge while remaining in the section/stage/area in question. The Adjudicating Community shall determine via its collective experience whether a game title or performance falls into this category. If so, then so long as tactic(s) employed by the player do not violate any rules contained within section 2.0 of the Twin Galaxies policy on leeching, then the player shall be allowed to pursue additional point-earning opportunities within said sections/stages/areas at their own risk.

3.0.b - Twin Galaxies recognizes that there are game titles programmed so that additional point-earning opportunities exist based on longevity within a stage, and the Adjudicating Community shall determine if continuance within the stage violates rule sections 1.0 or 2.0.a at their discretion and based on their collective experiences. Should the Adjudicating Community determine that continuance within a section/stage/area of a title does not violate either rule section, the player(s) may continue gameplay tactic(s) within that section for the purpose of additional point scoring.

Quote Originally Posted by Whilethekidsareaway View Post
    After re-reading the leeching/Farming sections.

"A means by which a player accumulates additional points in game while engaging in activities that do not contribute to progressing to the next stage, screen or level, and while such activities are engaged, a player is not inhibited to progressing to the next stage, screen or level during commission of said activities. In general, a player should always be making a meaningful or conservative attempt towards progression within the generally accepted intended spirit and direction of the game."

My interpretation of this is always making forward progression unless the game otherwise did not allow until certain conditions are met and there were many areas where that was not happening. I have made many many primary knife runs as that scores the most points over shooting but many areas the player just sat at one location and knifed projectiles racking up very large amounts of points. Being that this is one of my favorite games on the Neo-Geo system and I own and play them very frequently my opinion is that the attempt to make progress was not there while leeching large amounts of points.

I will un-vote at this time and see what other have to say and how they feel about it.

on a side note, that is one helluva nice score though.
    JJTJohnnyLightning World #1 Racer on Arcade Game Fast & Furious Super Cars 1,872 Match Wins 52Cities
  10. 11-12-2020, 09:41 AM
    Thanks JJT_Defender,

I did read these before I started voting and went back and re-read them so I could make the proper vote. It would seem that these are more of a guideline than rules and open to interpretation (correct me if im wrong). If my interpretation and feeling on it are correct then there are a lot of records that should not be here. For instance i was just looking at another favorite game of mine Shadow Dancer on the genesis and the current record holder did a ton of back tracking to have enemies respawn and getting a massive score. I have finished that game many many times and have a hard time breaking 800K and thats using more than 5 lives.

Forgive me if I seem a bit confused on how this all works as I am really new here and I am by no means trying to be disrespectful to anyone or their abilities on gaming but if the rules state that you can't do a thing and the thing is done, does that not DQ the entire run? I only ask because I want to post up some great runs of my own but do not want to run into the situation where I may be looked upon as cheating or have my integrity lost.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Join us