Nintendo Wii - Wii Sports Resort - FrisbeeĀ® Golf - 46 - Ron Harris

Is this Performance Claim Valid?

    This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. Nintendo Wii - Wii Sports Resort - FrisbeeĀ® Golf - 46 - Ron Harris

    07-13-2020, 07:49 AM
    vzaar-player


    FrisbeeĀ® Golf
    Score Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=120689
    Rules
    1-Player
    Manual throwing style (the player must use the Change Mii and (re-)select the Mii in order to show the setting)
    Your score is taken as the total number of strokes to finish all 18 holes of the full 18 hole course.
    Submission Message
    Attaching via upload a video shot via GoPro of the entire round, including the manual throwing style setting at the beginning and a few round restarts. The record-setting round of -26 under (for the total score of 46) begins at the 4:10-minute mark and the final scorcard with the record score can be seen near the end of this continuous video at the 20:18-minute mark. At the beginning of the video I made sure to show the settings screen to prove it is on manual mode. If there are any questions (or you want a repeat performance because I throw -26 under pretty much every other day because I'm the best, I can be reached at reharrisatl@gmail.com). Thanks. Woohoo!
    (Note: I've thrown three scores of -27 under par since this upload)



    Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes francoisadt, JJT_Defender liked this post
  2. 07-19-2020, 05:18 AM
    Video of the console setup, Console start up, video proof of game disc for future reference before or after your run. The more evidence the better.
    Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes JJT_Defender liked this post
  3. 07-29-2020, 08:53 AM
    TJ,

    None of the things you mentioned are in the rules for submission. I'm happy to do this again, and record an even lower score, but that would be a goodwill gesture on my part and above and beyond the requirements. I've already met the requirements.

    Ron
    Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes JJT_Defender liked this post
  4. 08-25-2020, 08:10 AM
    I'll follow the tips in this thread and throw another -28 or -29 on camera, going through all the settings, within the next month or so. -26s and -27s are coming pretty easy now, so -28, -29 and possibly -30 will be filmed within the next month. Thanks for all your help.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 28-under-record.jpg  
    Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes Pixe Sukola, JJT_Defender liked this post
  5. 08-31-2020, 05:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Journorati View Post
    TJ,

    None of the things you mentioned are in the rules for submission. I'm happy to do this again, and record an even lower score, but that would be a goodwill gesture on my part and above and beyond the requirements. I've already met the requirements.

    Ron
    1. Sorry my response took so long. WAAAAYYY too long
    2. Yes, I understand you followed the game rules
    3. TG rule of thumb: Record set up, record putting game into console, record start/boot up and all game play
    4. RECORD EVERY LITTLE DETAIL.
  6. 08-31-2020, 06:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ Johnsen View Post
    1. Sorry my response took so long. WAAAAYYY too long
    2. Yes, I understand you followed the game rules
    3. TG rule of thumb: Record set up, record putting game into console, record start/boot up and all game play
    4. RECORD EVERY LITTLE DETAIL.
    Another way to look at this: At TG, the objective isn't simply to acheive the highest score ... the objective is to achieve the highest score *and* convince enough voters to vote yes so that you score become accepted. If a written rule is not followed, then adjudicators *can't* vote yes, so that is one thing. If original hardware, power cycle/bootup, and/or game settings are not present, then *most*, if not nearly all adjudicators just won't bother voting at all one way or another, with a small sliver of the remaining adjudicators actually voting no, even though no rules were broken. This is why although it is not effectively against the rules to omit these things, TG's guidelines do indeed highly recommend including these elements for this very reason.

    Hope this helps!
    Thanks JJT_Defender, JWillard thanked this post
    Likes JJT_Defender liked this post
  7. 08-31-2020, 06:24 AM
    Oops. Quoted wrong person. My bad.
  8. 09-02-2020, 10:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett Holland View Post
    Another way to look at this: At TG, the objective isn't simply to acheive the highest score ... the objective is to achieve the highest score *and* convince enough voters to vote yes so that you score become accepted. If a written rule is not followed, then adjudicators *can't* vote yes, so that is one thing. If original hardware, power cycle/bootup, and/or game settings are not present, then *most*, if not nearly all adjudicators just won't bother voting at all one way or another, with a small sliver of the remaining adjudicators actually voting no, even though no rules were broken. This is why although it is not effectively against the rules to omit these things, TG's guidelines do indeed highly recommend including these elements for this very reason.

    Hope this helps!
    If I have followed the submission guidelines and have done nothing "effectively against the rules" the onus really should be on TG to add additional requirements to the guidelines, thus removing ambiguity from the voting process of the adjudicators. Respectfully, you should strengthen your submission guidelines before submissions are made, not after. I'll do what you're suggesting, and simply set the record again, but who is to say another suggested hurdle won't be added later on TG's end. At some point, I'm adhering to the submission guidelines and TG is doing something less than that. Just saying...
    Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes JJT_Defender liked this post
  9. 09-02-2020, 10:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Journorati View Post
    If I have followed the submission guidelines and have done nothing "effectively against the rules" the onus really should be on TG to add additional requirements to the guidelines, thus removing ambiguity from the voting process of the adjudicators. Respectfully, you should strengthen your submission guidelines before submissions are made, not after. I'll do what you're suggesting, and simply set the record again, but who is to say another suggested hurdle won't be added later on TG's end. At some point, I'm adhering to the submission guidelines and TG is doing something less than that. Just saying...
    I'm not sure that the onus is on TG to do anything. Their rules are unambiguous (well ... most of them are). Their guidelines are only there as suggestions on what one may do to increase the likelihood of voters voting on a submission, as well as increase the likelihood of those who do vote voting yes. A voter has no obligation to vote yes on a submission that follows 100% of the rules, and 100% of the guidelines. Conversely, nothing stops a voter from voting yes on a submission where the players broke 100% of the rules. Half of the objective, again, is to persuade as many voters to vote yes as possible, and two very VERY impactful methods to do so are 1. Follow all of the rules, and 2. Follow all of the guidelines. This tends to garner many yes votes quickly. Quicker yes votes, quicker acceptance.

    For example: I refuse to vote on any submission that is direct capture-only footage. There are no rules that prohibit direct capture-only footage. But, I'm just one guy. There are many like me and many who aren't in this respect. Multiply that dynamic by every scenario that the rules do or do not cover. We can then deduce that is it simply prudent to provide as much evidence as possible if obtaining yes votes is half of the objective, or, in short, don't give any voter any excuse to vote no or obstain.

    One may even get many yes votes for simply following just *most* of the rules and *none* of the guidelines, and indeed, that happens on occasion. Those particular submissions typically get disputed and removed, though.

    This is the manifestation of crowdsourcing score approval. TBH, though, in spite of its flaws, perceived or otherwise, this is the best system out there.
    Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes TJ Johnsen, JJT_Defender, omega175 liked this post
  10. 09-02-2020, 10:19 PM
    inb4: I said a few days ago, "voters can't vote yes on a sub with a broken rule.", and then it may appear that I contradict that statement with, "a viter can vote yes on a sub where 100% of the rules are broken."

    That is addressed in the statement following the last: One can indeed vote yes on a score with a broken rule, but will invariably be penalized when that score is rejected or disputed because of the broken rule. I should have initially stated instead, "One *can't* vote yes on a sub that broke the rules *with impunity*."

    My apologies if this caused any confusion.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Join us