Sega Genesis / Sega Mega Drive - Out Run - NTSC - Points - 33,900,480 - Sidney Britt Bottoms

Is this Performance Claim Valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. Sega Genesis / Sega Mega Drive - Out Run - NTSC - Points - 33,900,480 - Sidney Britt Bottoms

08-24-2020, 04:41 AM
    vzaar-player

Additional Video Evidence:
    vzaar-player

Additional Video Evidence:
    vzaar-player
    NTSC - Points
    Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=3631
    Rank
    Rules
    Normal or Higher Difficulty [May Enable Hyper Difficulty Code ONLY], MPH Meter
    Special Rules: You may freely choose your difficulty level, starting music and game path as you choose. To access Hyper Difficulty, hit the C button 10 times on the Title Screen and then select the new difficulty in the options menu. Any other codes will result in automatic disqualification.
    Submission Message
    Genesis and cartridge can be seen in lower left of frame in the video. Hands can be seen in reflection of TV with controller inputs matching on screen action.
    Used Hyper mode as allowed in the rules.

Likes Marco1019, RaGeNyC liked this post
  2. 08-24-2020, 05:54 AM
    Why is the game running soooo slow? Your video quality is perfect, so it's not a "dropped the video quality for a smaller video file" thing. This is Hyper mode, yet it's not even running at regular speed.

Take a look at my submission for the game--My speed is balls-to-the-wall..lol
    Thanks beastech thanked this post
  3. 08-24-2020, 06:45 AM
    I had to convert the video to a different format when I moved it from my phone to the PC and after that it became choppy. Its not just the game footage, you can see it at the very beginning when I'm moving out of the way of the camera.

This is my first submission, and video editing is not really my thing. I'll try to get better tools for my next run. It's a bummer because it is a really exciting run with a lot of close calls!
  4. 08-24-2020, 08:20 AM
    Do you still have the original recording, and is it choppy? If not, then perhaps we can figure out a way to get it uploaded.
    Likes RaGeNyC liked this post
  5. 08-24-2020, 08:52 AM
    I DO have the original. It is a .mov file and is about 25 minutes long because of my failed attempts before getting the score that I wanted. When I edited the movie to cut out my bad attempts and it saved as an mp4.

The original is 1.25 GB as well. I'm all ears for some suggestions. I'll try some things tonight as well, like seeing if I can find some different software other than what comes with windows.
  6. 08-24-2020, 10:14 AM
    Handbrake is a wonderful tool for shrinking video files - https://handbrake.fr/

You can convert the .mov file to .mp4 after which it can be uploaded here.
    Likes RaGeNyC liked this post
  7. 08-24-2020, 10:22 AM
    Thanks for the info! I was able to get the clip saved in .mov format and uploaded so it isn't choppy any longer. If you don't mind checking it out!
  8. 08-24-2020, 11:33 AM
    Yea, that converter you used is not good. Strange how it kept a crystal clear picture, yet messed with the frame rate.

Anyway, now I can see the Hyper speed! It's like you were out for a leisurely Sunday cruise in that first video..LOL!

Now it's just the issue of an edited video (i thought i saw a jump at the title screen when i watched it earlier). We submit the full unedited video as evidence here at TG. The reason for this, is to show beyond a doubt that nothing "funny" went on (codes entered etc). From the console power-up, to the achieved score, it's all on video.

I think the file size limit is 5GB....Could you upload the entire video as additional evidence? I don't think you cheated, but an edited video does deter voter's from voting.
    Thanks jmb, JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes JJT_Defender liked this post
  9. 08-24-2020, 11:54 AM
    I just watched the run and it looked just fine. I'm just spitballing but maybe it's on your end?
  10. 08-24-2020, 12:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco1019 View Post
    I just watched the run and it looked just fine. I'm just spitballing but maybe it's on your end?
    He said he edited the bad runs out (the power-up is edited to the submitted run). I wasn't totally sure, so I didn't mention it in my first post. It's a good edit, but it is an edited video.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Join us