Game Boy Camera records?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Game Boy Camera records?

09-11-2020, 10:08 AM
    Hey guys,

So I got a GameBoy Camera, and it has 3 mini games; Space Fever 2, Ball, and Run!Run!Run!. These games have scoring capabilities(so should theoretically have high score capabilities, why not?) There's quite a few demonstrations of this online, but when I tried to find the Game Boy Camera on the category list for high scores I couldn't find it. The only thing that came close was Space Fever 2 being listed, but it doesn't seem too accurate/detailed. It just has a screenshot from the Space Fever 2 mini game, and only lists the other games as "Game A, B, and C", and it says it is for arcade platform, not the Game Boy.

I'm just wondering, because I would like to set some records for this, if that existing page could be updated/tweaked/replaced, or if a game isn't listed on the site, how do you submit it, so others can find it easily/attempt scores? Is there a way I could set up the game page, and submit it as a calid game for high scores to the site? If so, could someone please tell me how?

Thanks!!
  2. 09-11-2020, 11:34 AM
    You can create tracks for those specific games. You need submission points to get the initial track started, and then you can fully fund the track yourself or wait for others to donate and help in founding the track (generally a better route imo, so it gives a chance for a few people to catch potential errors and make rule adjustments if necessary).

I know you're newer, so you might not have the SP yet, but if you want to PM me with the tracks and proposed rulesets, I'm happy to get them set up for you.
    Thanks AndrewRay thanked this post
  3. 09-11-2020, 12:41 PM
    That would be great! I'll message you the info for it that I have, if you could set it up. I can use some of my submission points I have to fund it as well
  4. 09-11-2020, 01:05 PM
    There's several members such as myself that have more submission points than we know what to do with, so if you do donate Andrew, make it minimal and we can donate the rest.

Blackflag, the crazy thing about the Game Boy Camera is that it's a peripheral that works (from what I read on-line) with any Game Boy except the Game Boy Micro, making the games - in theory - applicable to both the Game Boy/Game Boy Color & Game Boy Advance platforms here at TG. It's a unique situation, so perhaps let sleeping dogs lie for now and just track under GB.

For the newly initiated such as myself, here's a fun overview of the Game Boy Camera:

https://www.polygon.com/2018/6/1/174...ame-boy-camera
    Likes Blackflag82 liked this post
  5. 09-11-2020, 01:09 PM
    i have a gameboy camera and printer. got both used, i feel like a creep cause previous owner took pics of his family and home

anyway i would love for these tracks. hoenstly i just bought it for the collection and didnt even know about the games. you see my profile picture? i took that with the gameboy camera. well, more technically, i used the gameboy cameria to take a pic of me and my pomeranian, and i then used my cellphone to take a picture of the gameboy which had on the screen the gameboy camera picture.

i dont think its needs its own platform the games will go under the gameboy platform just fine

evener, i remember reading someone actually pointed their game boy camera into a high powered telescope so as bad as the resolution of the gameboy camera is we actually have more detailed photos of the moon on gameboy camera now thx to that than we would if say you just pointed your camera at the moon
    Lode Runner Champion
    Likes The Evener, Blackflag82 liked this post
  6. 09-11-2020, 01:16 PM
    I'll work on getting them set up this evening and will post here once the donate areas are up. I was planning to just set it up under GB/GB Color. If someone comes along who wants to set up a track for advance, it will be a simple enough thing to do.
    Thanks The Evener thanked this post
  7. 09-11-2020, 01:16 PM
    Love the idea that someone used Game Boy Camera to take a picture of the moon through a high powered telescope!

When I saw the thread about the Game Boy Camera, I finally put 2 and 2 together when I thought back to your profile pic. Speaking of which, your photo doesn't appear when I read your posts in threads, but I see it when I'm composing my message and I scroll down to see the existing conversation (it also appears when I go to your profile).
    Last edited by The Evener; 09-11-2020 at 01:19 PM.
Join us