Dispute: Reina Adair - SNES / SFC - Space Megaforce - NTSC - Short Game [Points] - Player: Joe Jackmovich - Score: 2,075,120

Is this a valid dispute?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. Dispute: Reina Adair - SNES / SFC - Space Megaforce - NTSC - Short Game [Points] - Player: Joe Jackmovich - Score: 2,075,120

09-16-2020, 11:26 AM
    SNES / SFC - Space Megaforce - NTSC - Short Game [Points]
    Score Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=49848
    Rules
    Game Mode Normal, Any Trigger Settings, Short Game [No Pausing Or Continues Allowed!]
    Special Rules: None
    Player Name
    Joe Jackmovich
    Original Adjudication
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthread.php?t=165853
    Verification Method
    TGSAP
    Verification Date
    2017-04-09
    Disputed Score
    2,075,120 (Rank 3)
    Disputed By
    Lauren Tyler
    Dispute Evidence / Rationale
    Another submission without a video. I hate to keep doing this, but rules are rules.
  2. 09-22-2020, 09:30 AM
    valid dispute. a little frustrating since this protest of score removal screws over friends who voted in good faith (frustrated at joe, not disputer). I understood his frustration with the dragster dispute at first but as time wears on the only thing this protest is hurting is good adjudicators
    Lode Runner Champion
  3. 09-22-2020, 09:48 AM
    From what I gather, the video evidence has been made private. Was this an accident? I see ssdninja has other videos available on this YouTube channel.
  4. 09-22-2020, 09:56 AM
    Someone want to try reaching out to him?
    Lauren Tyler
    Eternal Champion of Ragol
  5. 09-22-2020, 11:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Tyler View Post
    Someone want to try reaching out to him?
    I asked Joe about this about two years ago, and he said he does not want to be a part of TG anymore.
    Thanks Luigi Ruffolo thanked this post
  6. 09-22-2020, 12:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by starcrytas View Post
    I asked Joe about this about two years ago, and he said he does not want to be a part of TG anymore.
    Fair enough, but there many members I noticed looking through TG archives that don't actively participate here anymore. The difference here is that there's a series of disputes based on the "disappearance" of the video evidence although it's actually due to ssdninja changing the settings on YouTube videos to make them private. So the evidence is still "there" I presume, we just can't see it. Whatever ssdninja's conflict with TG administration, as Snowflake pointed out there's going to be a lot of collateral damage on TG members who adjudicated in good faith. That's why I wanted to confirm if this switch in settings was an accident - there's no need to tank the cred of other TG members who voted on his submissions.
  7. 09-22-2020, 02:59 PM
    I disputed some of his stuff too he put us in a bad spot. I was just venting frustration but the dispute is valid
    Lode Runner Champion
  8. 09-22-2020, 06:21 PM
    Not disagreeing that the dispute is valid, I'm trying to understand if he's aware of the situation he's created by making his videos private - that is, he's aware TG members will cumulatively take a big cred hit depending on how many submissions were based on YouTube linked videos. If he isn't, maybe he'll reconsider and make them public again.

If he has a beef with TG, of course then leaving in his pejorative, but in leaving he shouldn't be punishing TG members who participated in adjudicating scores he voluntarily submitted.
  9. 09-22-2020, 06:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by The Evener View Post
    Not disagreeing that the dispute is valid, I'm trying to understand if he's aware of the situation he's created by making his videos private - that is, he's aware TG members will cumulatively take a big cred hit depending on how many submissions were based on YouTube linked videos. If he isn't, maybe he'll reconsider and make them public again.

If he has a beef with TG, of course then leaving in his pejorative, but in leaving he shouldn't be punishing TG members who participated in adjudicating scores he voluntarily submitted.
    i feel comfortable reaching out to him on many things, we used to chat a bit when he was at tg. I dont feel comfortable reaching out to him on this, nothing on him, just on my part, maybe its just an irrational awkwardness i have for no good reason. however you should feel comfortable reaching out. when the rule was first made we couldnt contact people off site, it was created by a big argument between both ssdninja and rtm with joe adamantly stating theres nothing wrong with contacting people and robert insisting he had no right, jace finally agreed with rtm as we know. considering how strongly joe argued such a rule was unneeded, i dont think he'll complain about a polite attempt to reach him. hes a pretty cool guy, its just that after he left tg we ran out of things to talk about and went our seperate ways
    Lode Runner Champion
Join us